5.0 out of 5 stars Cicely bag is a hit!
Published on 21 Jun 2012 by CJ Hakes

3.0 out of 5 stars Very large
This is a nice enough bag, with useful pockets, especially on the outside (for carrying a bottle of water, or small umbrella), but it's very large for a 'shoulder bag', and I thought it looked odd on my shoulder. Considered using it for a more convenient change bag for my little one, but decided to return it as it's not what I expected.
Published 12 months ago by Mapleleaf

5.0 out of 5 stars Cicely bag is a hit!, 21 Jun 2012
CJ Hakes (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Just received my Kipling Cicely bag after much agonizing about which bag to choose, watching videos on them, and filling-and-refilling my Amazon shopping basket. I couldn't decide between the Erasto and this one, the Cicely, which is a bit different from other Kipling bags. It doesn't have so many chunky zippers so it's a bit "dressier" style. It's big enough to hold a book, my (computer) tablet, water bottle and even a folded-up umbrella. Because the Kipling bags are so lightweight it makes carrying all those things much more comfortable, yet the bags are so sturdy. I ordered the Denim Blue colour but it's more a bluish-grey than a "denim". In retrospect, I probably like it more than I would have a more denim-type finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely and useful, 13 Aug 2012
This bag is really lovely. The colours are bright and it compliments most of my outfits. It holds lots and keeps important things separate so that you don't have to rummage. Great for shopping.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality, 2 Dec 2012
First Kipling bag I have owned and I was impressed by the quality. Very roomy and has the added benefit of two extra pockets (front and back) in-between the outside layer and the inner zipped bag. These close with velcro and are useful for throwing your keys in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 7 Jun 2013
Bigger than all my other kiplings. Makes a great baby bag for my 1 year old. Holds 3 big bottles milk powder snacks for the day and spoons and a juice cup in one section. Nappys wipes etc in another. Sun cream and spare bibs in the side pockets. And there's still a whole section for my bits too! The best kipling I've purchased so far!

4.0 out of 5 stars Kipling delivers yet again., 2 Dec 2013
I have wanted this bag for some time, and could not resist the Black Friday Price.
As expected, the product serves its functionality and holds a good amount. I can easily fit in a slimish A4 folder with a small cosmetic bag, wallet and other bits and bobs.

The bag has 3 large compartments: 2 velcro closures, and 1 zipped compartment in the middle of these (this in-turn has a smaller zipped side). There is also a very usefill key holder so they dont need to be searched for.

The only problem that I did find was that the pen holder/phone holder slot is directly below a velcro closure so if used, then the velcro sides wont close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roomy and eye-catching, 1 Sep 2012
Brilliant colour! Hangs at just the right level. Loads of room for everything you could possibly need for a day out and plenty of pockets of various sizes allowing you ready access to essential items. Fun monkey add-on which fascinates my grandson!

4.0 out of 5 stars Up to Kipling standards except for the wrinkles., 16 Jan 2014
Thought I would steer clear of black and choose a colour for a change and glad I did because Port Red is a lovely colour (not bright at all .... but subtle) This bag is light, strong and well made .. up to Kiplings usual standard. Larger than most handbags but not ridiculously so and the size is fine for me as I fit my smaller handbag inside and remove it when I need to fill with shopping. Handles fit over my shoulder comfortably when wearing a coat with padded sleeves..

The only criticism I have (and not five stars) is that it was so wrinkly when it came out of the box that I put a tea towel over it and ironed it. Looked better after that though I had to be careful and keep the iron at a low heat. Considering the size of the box it came in I would have thought a little packing material inside the bag would help to avoid the wrinking ... after all it isnt wrinkled on the photo and 40 pounds is expensive for a shopping bag - the packaging should be sufficient to protect it so its in pristine condition on arrival.

5.0 out of 5 stars kipling bag, 26 Sep 2012
Mrs. A. V. Thompson (stoke on trent england) - See all my reviews
I have many kiplng bags and have waited ages to buy this bag. It has all the normal kipling items and is large enough to take anything I need to take. I can not say anything bad about any Kipling bag. They are exactly what you would expect.

5.0 out of 5 stars would recommend, 11 Jun 2013
Great bag, bigger than I expected Great for everyday use and holds a4 folders with ease! Would definitley recommend A+

5.0 out of 5 stars Kipling' s Cicely bag, 6 Feb 2012
This bag was just what I needed and now use it all the time; I wanted it to be able to carry my iPad and other stuff when I go to London to the Apple Store for one-to-one tuitions. The other bags I had were either too big or not big enough. And I have been delighted with it even more so as the blue one which I ordered was one sale for £19.95 whereas now it is £65.00
Mega!!!!!