5.0 out of 5 stars Truly Beautiful, 15 Jan 2014
When I first read this book I was not at all sure what to expect, even though I trust this author's work and know it to be of a very high standard. I need not have worried. The story is delightful and is beautifully written. It very easily appeals to both girls and boys, with elements appealing to both. The story has a clever twist (which I had not seen coming at all) and a cracking pace is maintained throughout. The characters are wholly believable and wonderfully created (I'm sure they were in my class at school), enticing you into their world in a trice. This book is a must and will enchant even the most reluctant reader. Bravo, Mr. Wootten, keep up the good (brilliant) work.

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldn't put this down!, 28 May 2013
I think this book is brilliant! I felt as though I was in the story with Brian and Dragon. The writer, very cleverly, took me on a journey and managed to make me feel the different emotions of the main character, Brian. It is a story of friendship and trust, which takes you into a world of magic, time and place. When I finished the book, I hoped Antony Wootten would write a sequel! I would love to see this book as a film!
I am 10 years old, but I would recommend it to ages 9-900 (as old as Yoda!)

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a wonderful story that my book club enjoyed sharing recently, 22 July 2014
This review is from: Grown-ups Can't Be Friends With Dragons (Kindle Edition)
This is a wonderful story that my book club enjoyed sharing recently. The characters are vivid and I especially loved the main character, Brian, who has more than his fair share of problems to deal with. The ending surprised me! I am interested in finding out what my children will think of this story and look forward to reading more of Antony Wootten's books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intelligently written, enjoyable read, 26 April 2014
Not just a lovely piece of escapism, this tale provides plenty of food for thought. While the writing is clear enough for younger readers, there is no condescension at any stage, making it readable by readers of all ages and levels. The setting is clear and distinct, but the tale is strong enough to carry across geography, making it accessible to (young) readers in Australia as well as the UK.

The insights given into some "tough" topics are valuable, and especially for adolescents who are each on their own private journeys, this gentle story gives some guidance as to positive responses to develop self-sufficiency and resilience... as well as valuing the power of imagination and the gift of seeing the world as it is.

A brilliant book to buy as a gift for that young person in your life!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - read it in two sittings, 21 April 2014
I am twelve and I loved this book. It took no time to grab my interest. I felt very involved in the story. Try it.

5.0 out of 5 stars unexpected escapism, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Grown-ups Can't Be Friends With Dragons (Kindle Edition)
I bought this book after bumping into Mr Wootten on a recent trip to York with my daughters. I actually bought it for them but read it myself first and totally loved it..It was a great bit of escapism from the adult world for a while and the story is a touching one of friendship and the struggle to fit in as a child that most of us will of experienced at some point. It takes you on a journey on many levels with Brian the main character and is certainly a book I would recommend and not just to young people but to us over sized and outdated teens too!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Grown Ups Can't Be Friends With Dragons, 8 Dec 2013
Loved this book! My mum bought this book supposedly for my younger brother and instead I read it-I couldn't put it down and read it in a couple of days! It is definitely a 'must read'! Suitable for all ages- I am 16 and loved it!

5.0 out of 5 stars By Holly aged 10, 15 Sep 2013
This book is about a boy who befriends a dragon and how his life is sad and rough . Getting into trouble at school, having to do the washing up, watching his big sister Emily get into an ambulance this is the life of Brian.
I like this book because it is very real and very exciting.
Over all I think it is AMAZING......... WOW 😯👍😯👍😄

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jun 2013
This review is from: Grown-ups Can't Be Friends With Dragons (Kindle Edition)
I bought this kindle book and enjoyed it so much I bought the paper-back version to add to my collection.I really enjoyed the story line in the book and found it hard to put the book down.I would highly recommend this book to all ages as it is a great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 21 Jun 2013
I bought this for my 13 year old daughter, who loved 'A Tiger Too Many' and has been eagerly waiting for another Antony Wootten novel. We both loved the first novel, and this new offering didn't disappoint! It is not, as might be expected, a book about the friendship between a young boy and a friendly dragon. 'Dragon' is an intriguing being, Brian is a troubled child. We are taken on a journey with Brian as he grows and matures, and his relationship with and understanding of Dragon evolve. The reader is plunged into the action from the outset: this, plus a lack of unnecessary waffling description makes for an exciting read. The writer doesn't patronise his young audience - this is a thought provoking book, whose characters will stay with you long after you have read the final page.