5.0 out of 5 stars Bangin'
Published 19 months ago by Mr. A. I. N. Jefferson

3.0 out of 5 stars not the best selection
Pretty good but so much better material that could have been included. Still listen occasionally. Lacks snap and impact. Thanks
Published 18 months ago by Mr. John P. Knibb

5.0 out of 5 stars Bangin', 22 May 2013
Mr. A. I. N. Jefferson "ally j" (Edinburgh) - See all my reviews
Like my esteemed previous reviewer, I also preordered 5 of the new BackBeats series for £15. Total bargain. I must admit I was frustrated at the fact that the release date kept being moved back and forth but this little gem is finally on the hi-fi. I expected something special and Backbeats have yet again come up trumps. Opening with Herbie Hancock's Just Around the Corner, you just know you are in for a treat...wow...

There are quite a few good jazz funk compilation out there but for price and quality, you will be hard pressed to beat this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Eargasm o'clock, 7 Oct 2013
Just started to further my music education by finding any rare grooves from 70s 80s,living in the UK this stuffs hard to find.
I have bought 3 Backbeats comps now, every single one of them have blown me away, be it track selection, audio quality and price.

Thank you for restoring in the indie music industry, feel guilty paying just 3 pounds.

5.0 out of 5 stars 70's jazz funk, 11 Sep 2013
Some great rare grooves on this offering. Totally brilliant price £3 delivered. Worth every penny.
If your an old school jazz/funker this will be a good investment. Reccomended.

5.0 out of 5 stars A great selection, 27 Aug 2013
Every track a gem. A few I had forgotten about. I have several of these tracks on vinyl, so was pleased to see a compilation of classic Jazz Funk tunes and more.

5.0 out of 5 stars good music, 21 Aug 2013
this is a very good album at first the seventy's funk rhythm made me think groove and disco but behind the beat is very good musicianship and I have been playing it nonstop since I received it.
plus it is cheap. this is more fusion than funk soul brother

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous Funk, 13 July 2013
If you need a retrospective funk album from the 70's this most certainly is it. It contains a great mix of the best funk artists of their time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jazz funk, 1 Dec 2013
Amazon Customer (Bolton, Lancs, UK) - See all my reviews
I love Jazz Funk and this album has only served to increase my liking of the genre - there are artist I had heard of and some I was only being introduced to for the first time - I can highly recommend the album - well worth a listen to

5.0 out of 5 stars Gamble paid off, 28 Oct 2013
Bought on a whim because it was cheap. I love this album. I like jazz & funk but I am not a serious afficionado so I don't have a big collection of either. This album hit my buttons and it's an excellent album that I turn to when I'm in a jazzy funk sort of mood. I bought it with some other funk collections, and this is definitely jazz funk, and good jazz at that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Funky stuff!, 3 Feb 2014
Great CD of top jazz funk tunes, including some real sought after gems like Charles Earland's "Coming to you live". Well worth the purchase price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great CD, Amazing Value., 22 May 2013
You cannot go wrong with ths CD if you enjoy Jazz Funk... I brought 5 of these from this series for £15!! All mixed by AJ man Dean Rutland