At the time of writing this is the only review available I'll try to be as detailed as possible. I've only had these earphones for 24 hours so if anything changes I'll update my review.This seems to be an upgrade on the JVC HAM5X Xtreme Xplosives Around Ear Headphone. Do yourself a favor and listen to high quality FLAC audio with these, it sounds amazing...
Published 16 months ago by Wizzar

2.0 out of 5 stars Build quality an issue
Sounded alright for the price, a bit too much bass for me but loud enough for an iPod but the 3.5mm jack didn't last very long (under a year with light weekend use), before a loose connection and music only from one ear . I'm not saying every pair would have this fault but disappointing.
Published 7 months ago by Ian Chamberlain

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Pair Of Headphones, With A Few Exceptions(Read Review), 21 Aug 2013
This review is from: JVC HA-M55X Xtreme Xplosives Stereo Headphones (Electronics)

Appearance:
This headphones look really good, but you should know that they are rather large. So much so that even though I don't care much for appearances I don't think I would wear them outside the house. Not because they are heavy unsightly(they have a comfortable weight,not too light not too heavy) but because their size makes wearing them outside seem rather impractical. You should also be aware that while you won't be disappointed with the way these headphones look, the red is not quite as vibrant as is displayed in the picture. The big size allows for much bigger sound drivers which results in better bass and overall sound quality.

Sound Quality:
I first used these on my windows laptop and at first the sound isn't optimal, a bit of equalization is required. This is not to say the sound is bad, it's actually very good but it can be improved upon by using an equalizer. On vlc media player(versions are available for most platforms here: http://www.videolan.org/) go to tools > effects and filters(crtl+e) >Audio effects, enable graphic equalizer then choose headphones under preset. This improves the sound dramatically! The overall sound quality is impressive, these headphones have better bass than the JVC HAFX1X Xtreme Xplosives In Ear Canal Headphones The sound is great when listening to all sorts of music, the highs and lows are clearly present. The sound is very rich and I've found myself hearing things that I've never heard before in songs.

Bass:
The headphones have some superb bass. The headphones are good enough that the bass is not overpowering on songs that don't have much bass, but once you play a bass heavy song such as Sun Is shinning by bob Marley you'll really feel the thunderous bass for which the extreme xplosives series of headphones are renowned. This is saying a lot coming from somebody who frequently uses bass headphones. You will not be disappointed with the bass, if you really want to experience the bass use VLC's full bass and treble preset under equalizer settings.

Noteworthy:
The cord for these earphones is long enough for comfortable use with a laptop,front earphone jack on your pc or media player but it really isn't too long. The cord is 1.2m so keep this in mind and buy an extension cord if needed.

Volume: The volume is very good, I had no problems in this area.It's worth noting that at these earphones do leak a fair amount of sound. I would recommend keeping them at low volume when in a public place.If you're wearing these headphones and listening to music at a reasonable volume the audio leak is almost non-existent, but beware of listening to music at higher volumes if you don't want your music heard by others.

Comfortability: These headphones are reasonably comfortable, I did experience some slight discomfort but this was after listening to music at very high volume over a period of about 3 hours.

Conclusion:
All in all this are a great pair of headphones, they are a big improvement over the JVC HAM5X which smelt of fish the first time I opened them!(with time the smell did go away) If you love bass and you've used other bass headphones but are looking for something more then these headphones are for you.

4.0 out of 5 stars some first impressions (updated), 16 Oct 2013
Piers (Salisbury, England) - See all my reviews
These just arrived today, so I'll update my review in a while after longer use, but here are my first impressions.

They are HUGE. If I look at myself wearing them in the mirror, I'd say that if you put the two cups next to each other, they'd be as wide as my head. So, as others have said, these aren't for wearing in public if you're remotely self-conscious (at least that means sound leakage won't affect anyone).

With bass, it is there on these, and noticeable at low volumes, but I really wouldn't say it's overwhelming. From what music I've listened to so far with these, I'd say it comes across as the artist intended, if actually a little on the weak side.

Overall, these are the most comfortable headphones I've owned.

UPDATE:

After several months now, I've got a much better impression of them. For the money, they're decent. Yes, they are unashamedly plastic, and massive. However, and despite my collection of headphones expanding since purchasing these, I still maintain that these are the most comfortable headphones I've ever owned. They don't crush my ears, they don't feel like they're compressing my skull, in fact, they're so comfortable I sometimes forget they're still on my head, despite them being so large.

The audio however is another matter. I've been carrying JVC XX earphones with me every day since early 2012 because they're small, affordable, and sound good. These don't sound so great.
I'm no audiophile - I don't own a portable amp, nor any 'audiophile grade' headphones. But, I know what my ears hear. Using my MacBook Pro, a headphone splitter, and several tracks in iTunes, I compared these with the JVC HA-FX3X in-ear earphones and the premium WeSC Chambers by RZA headphones (which are a lot less comfortable than these, but have better sound quality). These rank third for audio quality. If I was to describe the sound from these in a word, that word would be 'muddy' - the sound is far from crystal clear and is ever so slightly distorted. Not really a deal breaker though, and here's why:

If you are after audio nirvana, look elsewhere. If you're on a budget and want some exceedingly comfortable headphones for general listening, these are for you. Despite having better sounding headphones, I still turn to these for say, (with my slightly complicated audio setup) gaming on an Xbox 360 and listening to podcasts simultaneously for hours on end - they suit that scenario perfectly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality Headphone, 13 Sep 2013
This is a fantastic quality headphone. I would stongly recommend and feel that they are far superior to the nearest other headphones around this price point.

In terms of looks - they look really good. Be prepared ...they are large! But this is the fashion. They feel nice and sold - have a quality feel to it.

The sound is aboslutely brilliant. I plugged it in to my iphone - and it was very impressive. You can hear the beats clearly, the treble is superb, and the highs and lows are very well heard. It is probably one of the richest sounding headphones on the market - you can hear things in sounds which you would never hear with normal headphones!

The bass is finely tuned. It is not overpowering - and on songs which are bassy - you will hear the thunderous sound - but yet still hear the words of the song very clearly.

These headphones are extremley comfortable to wear. Soft covered ear pads.

Overall fantastic headphones and i would strongly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good quality, 26 Nov 2013
For the price I paid for these they have been amazing. Worn them pretty much everyday for the month I've had them and So far It's perfect.
Great for long periods of listening to music or gaming. Almost like they aren't there! I don't know about other headphones but these are the best I've had.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 4 Dec 2013
I needed a good music headphones for my iPad and I have found it. this headphones adds some bass to your music with amazing sound quality. The ear pad around the speaker is leather and has memory foam in it. So it's comfortable and it has great sound quality. So I recommend buying these headphones

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore, 9 Feb 2014
Warning this product is not for the faint hearted, at first the design is a little more showy then the previous model now taking on a gloss effect, the headphones themselves have a slightly lower spec range then its predecesor but personally I cant hear a great deal of difference, they still provide an intense immursive amount of bass and exceed in all other ranges of music and sound, the sound cancellation on the bins is good. These are a huge fashion statement especially on the bus or any public transport they will attract various looks but when you put these puppies on and get into your favorite music, trust me you wont care. Great headphones from a great brand, if you are looking at this item your not generally browsing your looking for something amazing to knock your socks off, if you have the money sure you can diddle around with the bose and senheisers and overprices beats, but if like me you are an average user looking for a mighty kick look no further as these have similar specs to the pricey tags with a reasonable price on them. Pleae, Enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good all round Headphones, 15 Nov 2013
These headphones are extremely comfortable. I can wear them for hours at a time, with no discomfort. They look pretty good, and I haven't found them to look as big as other reviewers have. The sound quality is not the best i've ever heard, but it's certainly not the worst either. They are seriously bass heavy, even at relatively low volumes, but the highs and mids can sometimes sound a little muddy because of the heavy bass. I have used them with my computer, my iPod and I have even plugged them into my guitar amp, and they have a pretty good sound quality throughout. They appear to be fairly sturdy, so hopefully i'll be getting years of enjoyment from them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 10 Oct 2013
This headphones are very good!
I had the previous version which was called something like HA-MX50. And this once are better than they are. Good bass and they are loud. Especially with my Xonar Pheobus sound card on the highest volume the sond still stayed at the high quality and the bas made the headphones nearly jump on the table.
Love them and recomend to everyone even though they are a little bit big.

2.0 out of 5 stars Build quality an issue, 3 May 2014
Ian Chamberlain "Mr Shad" (Bucks, UK) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing Headphones, 31 Jan 2014
So I had an older version of these and when they broke I needed these (Earphones are not the same) amazing pair of headphones great sound quality and they were dispatched the same day and arrived two days later
Dam quick compared to other I have gotten

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›