on 2 February 2014
I bought this (not from Amazon!) at Christmas 2013. Overall, now a happy bunny!
I was looking specifically for an i5, big ram (8 GB) and big storage (1 TB) to replace my flaky 6 year old desktop. Asus is a quality brand so I thought I'd go with a name I knew. Initially, the machine had to download around 100 updates for Windows 8 and for about 3 days (8 hours per day!) the machine kept locking up, the only way to get out of it was to switch the machine off by the on/off button. I'm aware the PCs can be flaky in the first few days, so I persevered with it...it got so bad I contacted Asus technical support but this was worse than useless.

Anyhow, 3 weeks on, the machine is still reasonably quiet and stable, the two front USB 3.0 front ports are very quick (when using USB 3.0 memory sticks), it is still super fast (around 2 seconds to start up and 2 seconds to shutdown) and the apps (programs and Office 2013) open instantly. Although the initial issues left a bad taste in the mouth, I am now overall very happy with the machine.
on 1 January 2014
I ordered this to replace my 5 year old Novatech Desktop as it fit the price and specification I wanted. I added a graphics card to improve the video performance and it works a treat - fast, compact and quiet.

My only two gripes about it are:

1. It is advertised as a £GHZ Processor - it is NOT, it is 2.7Ghz. I am contemplating reporting Amazon for misrepresentation of Goods. It doesn't bother me personally but they are still breaking the law.

2. If you want an expandable computer, this is not the one for you. Both SATA ports are taken up and there is only one PCIE full length slot

I still like it nevertheless
on 12 February 2014
Ok, for those that need to know: This desktop is a Pentium G2030 CPU running at 3.00GHz. It also has 6GB of memory. It's surprisingly quite fast and together with a reasonable keyboard and mouse it's quite a good value package.
Useful features are: Front powered USB sockets can power an Ipad directly; Instant-On is really the computer going to sleep and then pressing the on button to wake it up (although it is very quick) The 1TB Hard Drive is split into about 200 GB for Drive "C" and 800 GB for Drive "D" All in all a good basic workhorse - definitely would buy another.
on 9 December 2013
Starts up and shuts down quickly - runs fast and quietly. Windows 8 has a few user interfaces better suited to touch screens.
on 14 November 2013
This is now the third computer that has been sent (I rejected the first two and Amazon took down the advert to find out why they were advertising an article that was not as described but re-advertised without correcting the specification) and although it performs very well it is NOT as advertised. The processor is NOT a 3.0GHz as stated it is a 2.7GHz, this may not bother anyone but it is still not as advertised.
I kept the third offering as I was desperate for a computer as my own had expired. As I say it is not a bad computer it performs very well but IT IS NOT AS ADVERTISED.
on 27 October 2013
Delivered promptly. Instructions only drawings on one side of A4 paper. After loading some basic APPS I found there were 76 Windows updatesto download. These took 1 1/2 Hrs. to completely install, after I found there was no Internet Explorer or other search software left, also there was no internet connection. After removing security software I ran the Restore file which restored all software to its earlier status of having 76 Updates awaiting installation while the internet connection was restored ad software worked. When I next re-booted all 76 folders were automatically reinstalled again over 1 1/2 hours and all software worked as did the internet connection. An irritating experience which continues with the clumsy operation of Windows 8. compared to earlier versions
on 18 February 2014
Bought this when our old desktop gave up the ghost, and we love this! Set up in minutes,does the job,no problems whatsoever.....and windows 8 isn't that bad!
on 11 October 2013
ITS THE FIRST WINDOWS 8 I HAVE USED AND A BIT OF A CHALLENGE TO GET USED TO OPERATING BUT THATS MY FAULT NOT THE COMPUTERS. BUT FAST SPEED AND GOOD COMPUTER.
on 25 January 2014
Carp unit it would not connect to internetand windows8 is total garbage avoid this at all costs don't waste your money