5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Wow! Why is it so quiet about this band? Brilliant, alternative music. Every track is played and sang beautifully! I've heard "Full Circle" on a radio and fell in love with it straight away- I just had to get the full album. Highly recommend!
Published 18 months ago by jo30

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
no thanks
Published 1 month ago by harvey duplicate

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 23 Feb 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this record, 14 Mar 2013
Guyt (Montréal, Québec) - See all my reviews
Listen.

I am a French-Canadian from Montreal. All the music I ever listened to was from U.K. And I used to pay big bucks for my records, because most albums I bought were imports (Joy Division, Durruti Column, Pale Fountains, Ride, Bloody Valentine and so forth) . So I feel you owe me. You have to buy "Dark Eyes", from this Canadian group that decided to live in my city, Montreal.

To convince yourself that you are doing the right thing, go on youtube, listen to "Full Circle", you'll be hooked. The rest of the album is as good. Just one complain, there's maybe only 38 minutes of music, we could have used more.

Half Moon Run will be big. I tell you, if these guys were Brits, I would buy the import.

5.0 out of 5 stars great album from a small canadian band, 4 July 2013
This review is from: Dark Eyes (MP3 Download)
I discovered this band with full circle, which is an outstanding song. The rest of the album follows that same emotional flow, which makes it a must buy in my book.
Also, this is a small band which deserves recognition for their soulful talent and I'm sure that any future album will be well worth the wait and the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellence from Canada, 4 May 2014
This review is from: Dark Eyes (Audio CD)
Half Moon Run show so much promise of things to come in the future. Sometimes they remind me of folky rock like Midlake or fleet foxes other times radiohead are called to mind.
For anybody who likes sweet harmonies and interesting guitar music, this is for you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 28 May 2013
S. Herbert "Sherbs" (Suffolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dark Eyes (Audio CD)
I fell in love with 'Full Circle' on BBC 6 Music station and the rest of the album did not disappoint, it's excellent. A bit reminiscent of Radio Head in places, and at other times it reminds me slightly of Jeff Buckley, but it's a unique sound with a wonderful vocalist. It's haunting, I have not liked an album so much for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Dark Eyes (Audio CD)
Love it, great in the car

5.0 out of 5 stars half moon rising, 17 May 2014
Really great tunes to listen to. My fave song is turns full circle but the rest of them are just as good to relax to. Very pleased i bought it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Half Moon Run ... Dark Eyes, 26 April 2014
T. BUTTERS "Trevor Butters" (Spalding,Lincs,UK) - See all my reviews
Half Moon Run have a unique sound, beautiful & at times haunting vocals from Devon, very cleverly crafted songs played effortlessly by the band, with subtle harmonies which suggest this is a very tight band of guys who are expert at executing their skills. Favourite songs? "Unofferable", "Need It" & "Give Up" are my personal favourites, but the whole album is just brilliant. For me I enjoy listening to it the most late at night with headphones on & my eyes closed. Definitely my best buy of this year yet & it'll be very hard to beat.

5.0 out of 5 stars dark eyes, 21 April 2014
a brilliant band that don't come along too often had to wait a few weeks to be delivered as had to come from usa but well worth the wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 14 April 2014
This review is from: Dark Eyes (MP3 Download)
Good album. Good mixture of songs. Like half moom runs style upbeat folky music. Hoping for a uk tour :)

Dark Eyes
Dark Eyes by Half Moon Run (Audio CD - 2013)