4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and refreshing
Published on 29 April 2012 by T. Moss

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing
I can't express how let down I was from this offering. For so long, through recommendations from Amazon, Classic Rock etc all I heard was buy this album, it's simply amazing. You like Porcupine Tree, Steve Hackett, Pink Floyd then such and such recommends this album. How wrong can you be.

For starters, if you're going to work with a drum machine...buy a decent...
Published 22 months ago by Mira Prospekt

4.0 out of 5 stars Haunting and refreshing, 29 April 2012
This review is from: Fog Electric (MP3 Download)
This is a great second album for a band crystallising their art into a definite style. They are very individual but I have a sense of more commercial neo Floydy Sigur Ros, but with more affinity with modern production techniques and breakbeats. This is indie rock for the gym, pacey and occasionally aggressive yet uplifting and with an underlying intelligence. What I find the most attractive is the unusual but delightful melodies - they are a constant surprise and definitely a cut above the rest. My only gripe is the disparate arrangement of the album, but with a bit of arrangement it could be virtually perfect. A real gem, and I highly recommend it. 4.5 out of 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars another great kscope realise, 3 May 2012
This review is from: Fog Electric (Audio CD)
i love this album great theme running throughout. the album cover makes you feel its gonna be a dark record couldnt be more wrong its its very uplifting dare i say a step up from grappling hooks .kscope have signed some great bands i get the feeling they may struggle to keep hold of nao fog electric is an album you wont be able to stop playing

5.0 out of 5 stars 1969 -1973 Beach Boys meet The Engineers!, 3 May 2012
R. White (Down, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Fog Electric (Audio CD)
Having quietly enjoyed the first NAO album I was looking forward to the arrival of this little beauty & in a nutshell 'Fog electric' is a great second album!

I read with interest the previous reviewer's comments concerning both influences & sequencing. Maybe I'm too old but to these ears this album smacks of late 60's/early 70's Brian, Dennis & Carl Wilson harmonies meeting the Engineers of 'Folly' to 'Three fact fader' fame.

Listening to 'Fog electric' reminded me of a lot of the 'lost' pop classics from the 60's. It is a sublime recording, beautifully paced however flagging up influences does it a disservice. This is a modern rock record infused with celestial harmonies, great playing & a melody store rude with good health.

There are treats galore here for fans of thoughtful, to die for harmony. Surf's up? Surf's back with a killer bite!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good LP but my record and good value., 2 Aug 2013
This review is from: Fog Electric [VINYL] (Vinyl)
This is the first LP I've ordered for some years, it was really nice to receive and play it, front cover is brilliant.

2.0 out of 5 stars Really disappointing, 26 Oct 2012
This review is from: Fog Electric (Audio CD)

For starters, if you're going to work with a drum machine...buy a decent drum machine and don't rely on the rhumba beat on a kids casio keyboard. At times it does actually sound like 2 guys harmonising over a casio! If you've come to this album through Porcupine Tree or 70's prog rock, don't be fooled, this is pretty below par stuff. I have heard a hell of a lot better from a number of unsigned bands. There's nothing different here, there's certainly nothing exciting here and if I was you I'd save my money.

2.0 out of 5 stars First Listen From Amazon Samples Seemed Good, 2 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fog Electric (Audio CD)
I listened to the samples of this album on the Amazon player.
The short bursts I heard seemed really good.
The first 6 tracks certainly lived up to the title 'Fog Electric'.
I would describe them as vocally harmonic barely distinguishable through a fog of overbearing musical instruments.
I gave it another listen, hoping to discern something from it, but came to the same conclusion unfortunately.
Very electronic and not much prog in my opinion.
This offering just didn't suit my musical taste.

Fog Electric