4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic info
Published 14 months ago by Davie Austin

1.0 out of 5 stars Turned off from the start.
Published 15 months ago by ms anneke m temmink

1.0 out of 5 stars Turned off from the start., 22 Sep 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
I stopped reading when I realized the author didn't know the difference between discipline and punishment. At least speaks of the dangers of spanking except replaces it with other punitive punishments instead which do not teach proper discipline at all just fear. If I wanted something like this I would buy supernanny or some other equally unqualified glorified nannies book on how to repress children and treat them like dogs. Thankfully I wasnt looking for advice but to promote books on my parenting organizations and sadly this isnt one I will be promoting. Educated and discipline your children right, this does not mean threaten, take things away and ignore their emotional needs with time outs. These just sweep problems under the carpet and bottle children's problems up more. They appear to work there and then but never in the long run. for a proper psychologist I recommend Jan Hunt at the natural child project.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good basic info, 13 Oct 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
An easy to read book with plenty of useful information. Sometimes debunking common myths about bringing up children but always offering good advice based on quoted research in its place. The book can easily be picked up to look at small sections without having to plough through long chapters to find information. This is a book that has its place at a basic level of child psychology.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK, 25 Dec 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
WELL DONE BOOK! I NEED IT TO COLLEGE! I AM HAPPY WITH EBOOKS AS THEY ARE EASY TO READ! THE PRICE WAS OK! WELL DONE!

5.0 out of 5 stars How refreshing., 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
This was a very refreshing read. It gives a broader view than most books for first time parents. I liked the fact that there was lots of evidence to back up the points.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful Book, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
Even though this book is for parents I found it very helpful with college work and assignments. A very interesting read.

5.0 out of 5 stars A welcome find., 24 Oct 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
I haven't read a parenting book in at least three years. I think I was finding them repetitive and quite patronising. So it is really gratifying to find Psychology for Parents: Birth to Teens. I really like the way Faye Carlisle has adopted the academic approach, explaining the research behind so many common parenting topics so clearly. The identification of different studies, often with conflicting outcomes, often means you can understand why so many controversial theories exist: for example - when should a mother go back to work- if at all. I will keep this as a reference guide to return to again and again. My only criticism is that it is difficult to navigate on a kindle. But thanks to the author for her insight and helpful commentaries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great source of reference for parents, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
I found this book interesting and informative. A good investment and I plan to use this when my second baby arrives end of January.
As a mother who stopped working to become a full time mum as a result of poor quality childcare, I found Chapter 5 especially interesting. I wish I had read something like this before making decisions on my son's childcare whilst returning to work when he was 1. Some really interesting facts and research included that all support how I now feel about children under 2 and childcare.
Chapter 9 (Family size and Siblings) will be referred to quite a lot in the coming months! I have also used a lot of the advice that has been offered in the Night time training section of the book.
All in all a great source of reference for any parent. I will probably dip in and dip out as chapters become relevant to my childrens development.

1.0 out of 5 stars waste of time, 1 Oct 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
i thought this was too simplistic and not at all helpful for a parent with any kind experience with children, their own or otherwise

5.0 out of 5 stars Psychology for parents, 9 Sep 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
Excellent book to read before having kids or while raising them. Good reference book to fall back to as your child grows up and goes through different phases in life! I have already recommended it to friends and family...

4.0 out of 5 stars Great information!, 21 July 2013
This review is from: Psychology for parents: Birth to teens (Kindle Edition)
This book has great information that I will definitely use when I have children, hopefully in the near future! It's arranged in related categories that makes it simple to find info for certain age groups and situations. I can tell that a lot thought and time went into writing this book. Great job!

Psychology for parents: Birth to teens