5.0 out of 5 stars Best Bread Book - for Beginners as well as Experienced Bakers
I already own a number of bread baking books and thus wasn't sure I needed another one. Whilst I am very experienced with baking yeasted breads, I had never attempted a sourdough before buying this book.

All other books I own that feature sourdough recipes (amongst them the Bourke Street Bakery and Bouchon Bakery Book) didn't explain the process of making a...
Published 14 months ago by Franziska

3.0 out of 5 stars Informative book with good pictures showing lots of the steps as well as finished breads
I bought this to use some of the recipes in my breadmaker as I hoped to expand my current collection of breadmaking books. There is lots of good info on what makes good bread and tips on how to recognise when the dough has reached the desired texture, etc, but it has limited use if you want to use it just for machines as a lot of recipes require manual intervention...
Published 1 month ago by Mr. A. Brown

‹ Previous | 111 12 1317 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!, 31 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
Such an excellent wee introduction to bread making - I bought one for my friend.

As a keen baker but a complete beginner tae bread making, I was looking for an easy-to-follow comprehensive guide to learning to bake bread.

Well this is it! Such a decent price too! I thought the introduction was witty, well written and interesting to read. Understanding the science behind the processes which make a loaf so good was something other recipe books just lack.

I love the easy to follow instructions with fully comprehensive pictures of how to fold and knead your dough.

There's a great range of simple, easy to make recipes with very little ingredients required, as well as some crackin' show loafs!

James Morton's passion for bread making shines through. The first simple white loaf was the most mouth-watering thing I've ever baked, even with a temperamental oven!

I would also recommend this for the more experienced baker too - it's such a breath of fresh air compared to some other books I've bought.

Looks braw sitting on my coffee table - just a beautiful, well thought out book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent bread book, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
Love this book, well written, great design and contains excellent recipes for all sorts of loaves. Bought as a gift for my partner and he was very happy with the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
Well written, down to earth book which explains the science behind bread-making. My husband has already made a loaf, breadsticks and naan bread - all very tasty. The only thing I would ask for in the next edition is, for new-to-baking husbands, a short chapter on how to clean the kitchen before all the stray bits of dough stick to the surfaces like concrete!

5.0 out of 5 stars this book is brilliant, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
Ideal for anyone who goes out to work you can prepare the dough before you leave for . Minimal amount of time in the kitchen, so you can fit your bread making around the household chores. A good read vey informative and explains the processes of bread making. Ideal for anyone interested in baking and bread making

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 18 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
My sister bought this for me - she raved about it and she was right to. My previous bread making experiences were based on Dan Lepard's book which whilst being a good read, is a bit chin stroking in its approach, and sadly only disastrous bread was ever produced. So I had gone off the whole thing. This is squarely targeted at beginners and home cooks. We have made a couple of the recipes and they have been so successful that we want to try more and more. I really do feel that every recipe has been tried out in a domestic context, which I think is often not the case with many books. In between saving lives in his day job, I hope this author will find time to write another.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
This book is a great read and I enjoy using it. I have tried a few of the recipes now with success.

5.0 out of 5 stars Had never thought about baking bread, 12 Jan 2014
MHT (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Kindle Edition)
I had never thought about baking my own bread until I read this book. Now I can't imagine buying bread again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bread!, 4 Jan 2014
Hc Aw Brady - See all my reviews
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
Loving the tone of the book, and, once I am mobile (foot operation) I'll be baking bread brilliantly daily! Love this!

5.0 out of 5 stars Does exactly what it says on the cover, 4 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
Simple no knead recipes making fantastic loaves. Bread making made easy,enjoyable and relaxed. Haven't brought a sliced loaf from a supermarket since receiving this book. Truly brilliant.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 3 Jan 2014
This review is from: Brilliant Bread (Hardcover)
well presented, so simply explained really motivates you to want to do the recipes. You can see he has a passion for what he does and it shines through. Here is to all of us making our own bread!

‹ Previous | 111 12 1317 | Next ›