4.0 out of 5 stars Good non-branded cheap projector
Does the job to a more than satisfactory standard.
It's better for gaming with my Xbox but still pretty good for movies.
There are some minor marks that can be seen on projected screen, but if your not too fussy, you'll find it more than satisfactory.

It's pretty bulky with some weight to it too, but again for £200(ish) what was to be expected. The...
Published 19 months ago by Sherber Khan

1.0 out of 5 stars this is not a HD projector
The quality of picture from this projector is very poor compared to the previous one I was using. It failed to meet my expectations
Published 6 months ago by ograbe ahiakwo

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent!!, 5 Feb. 2014
Excellent product would definately reccomend for the price! The picture quality is good but not 1080p although it is 720p!

4.0 out of 5 stars Reasons for being cheap, but great none the less, 17 April 2015
Works fine out of the box, very well packaged, no damage at all. The seller also sent through a troubleshooting guide without prompting. Although I thought this was a useful gesture, it did worry me a little!

Reason for being so cheap became clear quickly - it's not approved by​ European standards, there are no "CE" marks on the equipment (I didn't trust the plug that came with it that being the case and swapped it for another 'kettle' style lead). Furthermore the instructions that come with it although clear and easily understood were definitely not written by someone with English as their first language (see image attached that I took). Still if this doesn't bother you then fine.

There is no HDMI lead with it so you'll have to source your own. It worked perfectly with the VGA. I have it hooked up to a PC to act as a projector for a flight simulator. The focus is not automatic or electrical, you wind the front lens bezzle. At first I thought it was very limited but you have to 'force' it a little to get it to turn further. No damage was done, just tight manufacturing on the parts I suspect.

The same goes for adjusting the keystone it's not electrical. You have to twist a knob at the back. Another reason for it being so cheap. However, this doesn't bother me at all. The quality of the output is great, the lens on the front is massive and it seems to work well for what I need it for. I have it mounted on a bracketed shelf high on the wall. Combining this with the single front foot adjustment for tilt I am having an issue with correcting focus at the top and bottom of the screen. This likely means I'll have to adjust where this shelf is located which is a pain.

No complaints yet, looking forward to hooking it up to a HDMI cable to see the real difference HD makes.

If you're looking for a cheap, straightforward projector that will do the job (be prepared to play around with positioning and what have you) then I would definitely recommend this.

3.0 out of 5 stars For the price it's ok., 22 Dec. 2013
This review is from: DBPOWER® NEW White Full Color HD LED Projector 16:9 4:3 Maximum 30000 hours 2000 Lumens Support 1080P 720P, Native Resolution 854*540, Contrast 800:1, Home Theater with USB, HDMI, AV, VGA Input for PS3, XBOX360, Blu-ray DVD Player, Wii, PC/Laptop, TV (Electronics)
Claims to be HD but the quality of the image is not great. It's ok for what I need to do but if you need a high resolution image spend the extra money and get a better model.

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price I am really pleased, Basically it does what I want it to ..., 31 Dec. 2014
A bit temperamental when connecting to a new piece of equipment but when it does connect it does the job it says it will. For the price I am really pleased, Basically it does what I want it to a great price

5.0 out of 5 stars Good facilities for the price, 20 Oct. 2014
Surprisingly good facilities for the price. The focus adjustment is a bit clumsy and I needed a minimum 2 metre distance between projector and screen to obtain clarity. The built in speakers are roughly equal in audio quality to modest pc speakers and more than adequate for a domestic situation. Audio output is available but I have not found it necessary. Given the ability to play a limited range of audio and video files directly from a USB pendrive and the connectivity to VGA , HDMI and TV It is hard to complain at the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value for money., 24 Jan. 2015
I wasn't expecting much at this price-point but im glad to say it has exceeded my expectations by quite a margin.

PROS:
Superb picture quality for such a cheap unit.
Works in daylight (well winter daylight anyway, dunno what it will be like on a sunny summers day).
Really easy to set up, although the manual is a bit unhelpful at times due to translation issues. Thankfully, you wont really need it.
BIG screen, I have a 60" screen projected onto a wall and its like being in a mini cinema.
Integrated speakers are handy if you dont want to faff about with audio cables and amps.
Runs pretty cool thanks to the integrated cooling fan (more about that below).
Nice set of io ports including usb for media playback.
CONS:
The main one is the incredibly loud fan that never powers down, solved by drowning it out by turning up the sound.
The manual doesn't really help much, some of the text is quite funny though.
Focus ring feels a bit cheap (It works great though).

Overall im really happy with this, it does exactly what I need without spending a fortune.
It would be an instant five stars if the fan was a bit less noisy.
Great seller as well, I got a follow-up email with some troubleshooting tips, which although I didnt need, is a really thoughtful touch.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good basic data projector, 13 April 2014
Great projector. This one is a bargain for the price - works well and looks smart and robust. Very pleased with this purchase

5.0 out of 5 stars Performs better than expected - bright and clear, 4 Feb. 2015
Performs better than expected - bright and clear. Minimum distance for focus is about 2 meters meaning the smallest size of image is a little wider than my screen (1 meter) which was a surprise. Unit is big by current standards for projectors but that should not be a problem for me at least. Not tried the sound or remote (as it needs 2 AAA betteriesnot supplied) yet . Very happy with it and the price was lower than any others I'd seen at £160.

4.0 out of 5 stars DBPower Black Full Colour HD/LED Ready Projector, 9 April 2015
In terms of value for money, this has been excellent. This was for my 11 year olds room and already having a more expensive projector in the house we were a little hesitant due to the much cheaper price...However, although this is much bulkier, it has been great in his room. The size and sturdy nature means it's been more solid and appropriate for a child's room. The resolution is not as sharp as more expensive machines, but it's still acceptable for his bedroom watching films through Sky and playing his x-box. For an modern home average sized bedroom, this has given him the equivalent of a 60 inch screen which we have projected onto an Ikea white pull down blind (all in all much cheaper and bigger than his last TV) . It is a little noisy when operating due to the fan, but you don't notice this much when the sound is up. Speaker quality goes up quite high and is passable. There are lots of connections, including 2 x HDMI, 2 x USB, 1 x VGA, an aerial input and connections for external speakers. For what we wanted it for, it's been great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright image and with okay quality picue, 27 Oct. 2014
Bought this as a replacement for my Sahara projector. I read the reviews and so wasn't expecting HD quality display. I bought a used/repackaged device so only paid around £115 cheaper than the cost of a new bulb. I Was surprised by the brightness even with the blinds open the picture is still clear and bright. I had an issue with the focus of the picture it was clear at the top and out of focus at the bottom even playing around with the keystone dial it was never quite all in focus. I decided to open it up and adjusted the video output screen to even out the focus, sorry can't think of a more technical description, apart from its the bit where the image gets displayed before being projected : ) As I hadn't paid a lot of money for this I was quite to play around and get it working correctly. I mainly use the projector for films and gaming. It is mounted about 2.5m from the screen and I am unable to read any text clearly, whether this is improved by a longer throw distance. Video wise colours are okay, I am basing this on playing Fallout: New Vegas. Haven't watched a lot of video, apart from a couple of Youtube videos and the quality is okay, not quite DVD but very watchable. Will update review with a film later.

I am quite happy with what I paid for the projector, it does what I want. Build quality okay and perfectly suitable for gaming and movies if you are not bothered about picture being perfect HD quality.

‹ Previous | 1 2 320 | Next ›