2,005 Reviews
 (1,265)

5.0 out of 5 stars My first Tablet....
I had been thinking of buying a tablet for some months and did a lot of research before actually buying this one. In the end it was a toss up between a Nexus 7 and the Kindle Fire HDX; the reviews were mainly positive for the latter, so when a certain high street store were doing the 32GB version for 60.00 less than advertised on Amazon, I took the plunge...
I've...
Published 5 days ago by signet

3.0 out of 5 stars I've had it a few months and it's alright, but I'd only recommend if you've got Amazon Prime.
Nice tablets with decent battery life as long as you can live without Youtube, Chromecast (you can sideload these but it's glitchy and you can't login), Gmail, Chrome, Hangouts, Maps, Drive...basically anything to do with Google integration. There are 3rd party apps available but these are generally absolutely rubbish (they usually just link to a browser window) and you...
Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1176 177 178201 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars hdx 7 survives a bashing from angry person, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Electronics)
To use the hdx you will need to create an amazon account. I've had many tabs in the past few years from cheap to top quality like iPads. I bought this to replace my old nexus 7 tegra chip set. The nexus 7 had a bench of about 20k but this thing was over 34k on the antutu bench app. So definitely a better performance tablet and a great grahics card. When I compared iron man 3 on iPad 4 to this I could see no difference, practical effects and red targets are there.
The OS is jelly bean 4.1 with a skin, it's called Fire OS. It took sometime to get used to the navigation but I can describe it similar to iPods 4 finger swipe up , but instead it's single finger to bring up the multi tasking and choose apps. Swipe down will get you to notifications.
The stock browser is called Silk although it's very fast it looks simple and very glitches 10% of the time when going to websites that have high java content and window frames. You can side loaded 1mobile app to install other browser like Firefox that is more stable, you can also side load youtube app and use it with ps to navigate around, but it will not sign you in. Still you can get around these hurdle by using vtube app that lets you sign in and manage vids, better yet tubemate to get around problems.
Multi tasking is easy once you put swipe up to choose recent apps opened. The ram usage is high almost 80% used because of all the amazon bloat apps running in background. The ram is total 2gigs but you will find it uses 1.7gig during normal use, it's best to use a task killer to manage ram usage. I'm surprised though because battery life is well beyond original nexus 7. I'd say 8 to 9 hrs and that mix regular use.
The amazon store is small but getting better and loads of good high quality games such as iron man 3, asphalt 8, dead trigger, real boxing to name a few. But you can also side load apps as I've already said, search tube vids if your unsure.
Purchasing things is also easy because it linked directly to your amazon account, you can buy anything on here no worries.
I haven't tried videos on love film or netflix but I assume high quality due to higher resolution screen than iPads.
I've tried using music and works great but there are missing songs found only on iTunes store and not on Amazon.
For gaming this tablet is the best, great performance and textures.
Today I showed a video on utube to someone and they became angry took my hdx bashed it on a wooden chair. It still alive without any scratching. I assume the plastic casing must have absorbed the shock damage. It's very cool as I'm writing this review. I can verify this is the best 7 inch tablet on the market as of today's date. Nothing beats this except iPad mini retina which is 8 inch and crazy price. Although you'll get small hurdles you can get by using apps and side loading apps, it's practically the same performance as iPads in terms of loading pages and games, just the selection is lacking. That's why it only gets 4 star not 5.

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it a lot more than I thought I would!, 4 Feb 2014
S. Williams (UK) - See all my reviews
I umm-ed and arr-ed about whether to get a Kindle Fire HDX or a Google Nexus as my kids are always fighting over the family iPad. In the end I chose the Fire as I got a very good deal through a department store. And I'm glad that I choose it. Its a lovely device. Supersharp screen, nice interface, highly responsive, much faster than our iPad, and it does everything I want it to do.... almost. I understand why all these different devices try to tie you into their own content and merchandise, but I really think the Fire is less down slightly by its access to some well known apps. It is light on shopping apps in particular (no surprises there) such as Tesco, Sainsburys, John Lewis, etc... but I can access these through the Silk web browser anyway so its not too much of a problem. I hope this is something Amazon rectifies soon, as with broader access to the appworld the Fire could really clean up, especially when you compare it to in cost-terms to the Ipad. I also have the origami cover which is fab.

2.0 out of 5 stars KINDLE FIRE, 3 Feb 2014
Not at all impressed to find i cannot get SKY GO on it as that was the main reason for buying it.

3.0 out of 5 stars still working it out, 29 Jan 2014
I;m not sure about the fire HDX .got it for christmas and still trying to work all the functions it has out.I mainly use it for reading books but not to happy with this as the slightest movement whilst reading the page spins round finally worked out how to stop this happening .think i was more happy reading from my old kindle

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 29 Jan 2014
I love this tablet. The set up was easy; you just switch it on.
The screen has a nice sharp image and the touchscreen is responsive even with a finger rather than stylus and even with small print it is remarkably accurate. Loading and downloading speeds are good. I have never used an on screen keyboard, but it has been a joy to use.
I haven't watched a video yet, or used the camera or listened to music, so I can't comment on those yet.

What else can I say? Buy one; they are great!

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T buy this rubbish, 26 Jan 2014
CC 236 (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
These are tied to amazon, if you expect to download from the internet 4 get it, the only way is through the security settings,
and that will affect your guarantee. thanks for putting this little matter in your description Amazon...... i have now given this item 8 weeks of use, i have been frustrated by the fact i cannot get on a lot of sites due to amazon restrictions,
wish i had returned it for a refund..

2.0 out of 5 stars Kindle HDX nice but Unreliable, 26 Jan 2014
The Kindle Fire HDX has a lovely HD screen and I quite like its OS but I personally had tonnes of trouble with my particular device. Firstly it developed the habit of freezing and when I pressed the power button it didn't turn off so I was left waiting for the battery to die before I could do anything with it again. Also I found it a little too fragile especially compared to my Kindle Fire which had fallen down stairs without issue, my HDX just developed a terminal crack one day without any obvious incident to cause it which pretty much writ off the device. In the end when I paid extra to upgrade my Kindle Fire I didn't think I would get something that in practical terms was inferior.

2.0 out of 5 stars my new kindle fire hdx, 24 Jan 2014
I received my new Kindle Fire HDX for xmas. And I was very pleased. But after starting to use my new Kindle i feel a bit disappointed, because it comes with no written instructions, u r supposedly meant to b able to access on line help after registering! Well after many attempts to access the on line help i am still unable to use this..therefore resulting in being unable to get the full use out of my kindle.

I also now have to take my kindle fire hdx back to where it was purchased as it is not charging!!

Although i am having these problems i am still hopeful and looking forward to using my new kindle fire hdx once fully functioning!!

JB

3.0 out of 5 stars I'm having a problem, 24 Jan 2014
I was given a kindle HDX 7" for Christmas and have enjoyed using many of the features. However, the prime use was to be reading books when on holiday. This has proven to be an impossible task outdoors. Here the sunlight causes a glare on the screen which makes reading impossible. Is any one else having this problem and if so how did you correct it please?
Frank

4.0 out of 5 stars A great tablet, 19 Jan 2014
A great tablet although would be even better if it was lighter as it can be a bit heavy to hold when used as a book.

‹ Previous | 1176 177 178201 | Next ›