1,973 Reviews
 (1,241)

1,593 of 1,689 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent
I received this today despite having only ordered it yesterday afternoon. Cleary Amazon have plenty of HDX 7 inch models in stock. I went for the cheapest option - 16Gb of memory, (Wi-Fi only of course), and `with special offers' to cut the cost further. This is the third generation of Fire released in the US market and the second UK version. I purchased one of the first...
Published 9 months ago by Dr. Paul Ell

1.0 out of 5 stars Glitchy and disappointing
I bought two of these at Christmas for my children who have been stealing my tablet for some time. I opted for the Kindle HDX because it seemed to offer a good hardware spec, parental control features and solid build quality.

I have been bitterly disappointed.

Firstly what isn't clear on the advert is that the parental control actually creates a...
Published 5 months ago by Amazon Customer

‹ Previous | 1173 174 175198 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT AS EASY AS IT CLAIMS, 30 Mar 2014
John Tierney "viletrog" (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kindle Fire HDX 7", HDX Display, Wi-Fi, 16 GB - Includes Special Offers (Electronics)
ON AMAZON PAGE SAID IT WAS EASY TO USE/SET UP - THE PRODUCT DETAILS SAID IT WAS EASY TO USE BOUGHT THIS BECAUSE OF THAT - IT ISNT EASY TO OPERATE, I'VE HAD TO BUY A BOOK TO HELP ME - PRODUCT LEAFLETS THAT COME WITH THE DEVICE TELL YOU NOTHING

1.0 out of 5 stars Review of the Kindle Fire HDX, 29 Mar 2014
This product has been let down by the ' only forward facing camera' the camera is next to useless and I wish I had chose another product. I would not recommend this tablet.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not so good, 28 Mar 2014
This time I didn't have a positive experience with this kindle and I don't think it is anyway as good as the Fire HD. I had to send it back. However, the customer service from Amazon was excellent and a positive outcome for me as I was able to return the item and get a refund.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it, 17 Mar 2014
Keeps losing wifi connection, have apple and acer products that do not. Very disappointed , wish I had not purchased it a lot better options out there. Saying that picture quality is very good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Warning re. Vodaphone starter pack, 8 Mar 2014
I bought the Kindle with Vodaphone SIM fitted and duly paid 25 to Amazon for my starter pack. I couldn't get it to work, couldn't access email or web even though Vodaphone sent me a welcome email etc.

I contacted Vodaphone and after being bounced between 4 Customer Service reps eventually reached one who told me I had no credit on my SIM card. When I explained about the Amazon starter pack he said he'd never heard of it and I'd have to take it up with Amazon.

I used the Mayday button to speak with an Amazon person who said that I had no data subscription on the Kindle and I'd have to buy one from Vodaphone. When I quoted an Amazon order number proving that I'd paid 25 to Amazon he was baffled (he seemed unaware of the Vodaphone starter pack sold by Amazon as well.

His solution was to refund the 25; but now I have to buy a data plan from Vodaphone and guess what, it's much more expensive than the 25 for 5gb that I thought I had bought from Amazon.

As for the Kindle itself (putting aside my frustration at the time and inconvenience this data issue has caused me....) it seems fine, although the battery drains at an alarming rate whether you are using it much or not.

1.0 out of 5 stars not working, 6 Mar 2014
Got the Kindle fire as a present, however it would not work, even after speaking to a lady in the Canary Islands and a man in South Africe. In the end Amazon sent me a new one which is ok, YODEL have yet to come and collect the old one, even after more than 20 emails, they are pure scum......BE WARNED, Amazon will bill you for the one to be returned even if it is not your fault it has not been collected by YODEL!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Faulty, 4 Mar 2014
Unable to download apps, Silk internet browser doesn't work properly (tab not responding), Kindle occasionally switches off itself, getting disconnected when chatting with Amazon tech advisor, etc.
Much more disappointed with Amazon customer services - a week has passed and I'm still at the same point where I was - talked to approx 6 different advisors, every time needed to tell the story from the start, spent ages speaking to them. Not gonna do it again, returning tomorrow to the department store where I bought Kindle Fire.
How easy to get rid of loyal customer by just ignoring them, very disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars kindle fire HDX 7", 20 Feb 2014
I am enjoying using my kindle playing with it and seeing what it does, being able to take it with me wherever I go is great.
Being able to get help at the touch of a button is a great idea, I have used the help line and was very impressed.
The price was right for me I have recommend it to my friends.

2.0 out of 5 stars I thought when it stated a camera was included I could take photographs, 19 Feb 2014
Ordered the Kindle because it said it included a camera as I wanted to take photographs at a wedding. I see this is not possible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my new Kindle Fire HDX, 17 Feb 2014
I spent a long time deciding whether I really needed to buy this for myself or not, the 30 discount for Valentines Day was the clincher as I knew I was going to buy it eventually. It arrived a day ahead of me expecting it and was beautifully packaged. I thought I would just plug it into charge it up and set it up later. Immediately it started setting itself up and 5 minutes later it was up and running.It was the easiest thing I have ever done and boy am I having fun with it. Watching a TV series from LoveFilm instant I actually realize for the first time why people rave about HD picture quality. I have read lots of reviews both positive and negative, all I can say is that for my needs it is perfect.

‹ Previous | 1173 174 175198 | Next ›