5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for all Kindle e-book publishers.
I owe AAron Shepard a huge debt - I read Aiming at Amazon, POD for Profit and Perfect Pages before setting out as a small publisher - and he answered all my questions in those three books. I have now published thirteen titles, in hardback, paperback and as ebooks, and Aaron's books were always there to guide me.
This latest book on publishing colour books on Kindle...
Published 11 months ago by Tessa Warburg

3.0 out of 5 stars May be some help
Published 9 months ago by CS Professor

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A must-have for all Kindle e-book publishers., 18 July 2013
Tessa Warburg - See all my reviews
This review is from: Pictures on Kindle: Self Publishing Your Kindle Book with Photos, Paintings, Drawings, and Other Graphics, or Tips on Formatting Your Images So Your Ebook Doesn't Look Horrible (Like Everyone Else's) (Kindle Edition)
This latest book on publishing colour books on Kindle is no exception. It is easy to follow and goes into the nitty gritty of what has to be done to produce a good colour book. There are a lot of pitfalls and this book covers all the ones I have come across. The amount of helpful information, the brilliant step-by-step guides, should make preparing your files for publishing a colour book relatively simple. In fact I had already published a book of paintings before reading this book, but I think I can make the next one better by following Aaron's suggestions. They are clear, detailed and full of outstanding advice. I can't praise PICTURES ON KINDLE highly enough. Rush out to buy it. The price may go up - I paid 1 UK penny for it - but it will be worth it at any (reasonable) price...
Thank you, Aaron.
Tessa Warburg

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best!, 26 Sep 2013
Aaron Shepard's books are must-haves for anyone interested in producing books for Kindle. I also have his From Word to Kindle and HTML Fixes for Kindle. All invaluable - and I talk as someone who has suffered the pain of having to learn the hard way how to produce books for Kindle. I wish I had had these books when I started out. Even now they are still essential. I am a HUGE fan of the whole Kindle process. It has freed many of us from the tyranny of agents and elitist publishers. Do yourself a favour - buy these books (at the moment the best spent penny EVER) and learn from a Master.

3.0 out of 5 stars May be some help, 14 Oct 2013
It seems to be more about doing pictures on computers than doing pictures for Kindle books. With respect to the latter, it confirms my personal experience that Kindle doesn't do pictures very well but that if you insert pictures between (effectively) paragraphs, they come out as well as they are going to come out. If you don't know about doing pictures (I really should have said images) on computer, it's not a bad introduction for Windows users and to using expensive proprietary software (Gimp is free).

5.0 out of 5 stars if I had to choose one author to recommend for self-publishing help it would be Mr Shepard., 21 Sep 2013
I think I have all of his books on self-help publishing and this one, like the others, is really, really helpful. It's targeted at adjusting pictures for Kindle, which is what I want, but the information is also useful for understanding how to tweak photo's etc. for electronic media generally.

one of the attributes of his self publishing books is there is no "fat", short and straight to the point and they address the key aspects. the writing is simple and easy to understand, he's not trying to fill pages.

I've published several Kindle books, but I'm never confident I've got the technology right. Now I feel a little more relaxed knowing I'm doing the same as an accomplished author and self publisher.

If you want to get into self publishing there are loads of books out there and I have read several. if I had to choose one author to recommend it would be Mr Shepard.

3.0 out of 5 stars Debut publisher, 24 Aug 2013
Clear concise and useful.............just it was not quite what I was looking for. I wanted to find out how to improve line drawing presentation ie maps.

5.0 out of 5 stars In spite of the weird cover art, this is a great series., 2 July 2014
I used this excellent guide as an instruction manual to insert images into books for Kindle and stories with illustrations published via Create Space. In spite of the weird, off-putting cover art, this is a great series.

5.0 out of 5 stars quick service was on my kindle in seconds, 27 Jun 2014
To be honest I have yet to read this book but on a quick butchers Iwas impress with the lay out and it seems easy to follow. can't wait to get stuck in

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 16 Jun 2014
I nice, clear, well structured and helpful book.

Does what is says on the cover, and does it with clean simplicity throughout.

5.0 out of 5 stars Extremely Useful, 11 Jun 2014
The unappealing covers of this series house helpful, well-written, easy to follow advice. Since reading Shepard's fabulous 'how to' I turned two of my stories into picture books. Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting book on how to format images for ebooks, 21 May 2014
If you are publishing books on Kindle (or other ebooks) this gives good technical advice on formatting images, file types, file sizes, etc., how to get good quality with smaller file sizes and avoid ruining your image.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›