5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive for Icy Box or PC
Published 21 months ago by Paul.F

3.0 out of 5 stars funny noise
Had high expectation of this Hd. Western drive always seems o.k. Bought this to replace a dead drive for an old computer. Got it running but it made this horrible screeching sound when it runs. Slap the side of the computer casing it the noise dissappear but reappear when restart computer. Though after a few months the noise is less but still there. Does anybody have this...
Published 11 months ago by Alexis

5.0 out of 5 stars Great drive for Icy Box or PC, 4 April 2013
Ordered this for use with an Icy Box IB-318StUS2-B. Had used a 500gb drive in the box before, but after building another PC I ended up with no spare drive. This WD Caviar Blue 1TB does the job, transfers 50gb in around 5 mins or less (video files) - great for backing up or storing music, films or TV programs to catch up on later, or anything else. All hard drives I have purchased in the last 3 years have been WD Caviar Blue, with no issues at all, so I highly recommend them.

4.0 out of 5 stars OK for a second Drive for a Gaming Rig, That's what mine is used for, 5 July 2013
Does the job black WD HHD probably would of been best as there a little faster i believe but as this was cheap priced at £49.99 i couldn't really argue with that. My games run fine with it and most of my games are with steam so steam is installed on this drive so I'm happy with it but as people have already mentioned it will probably be my last HHD due to the SSD dropping slowly in price so i will invest in something like that in the near later future. But as for now my 120gb SSD for boot and programs and HHD for Games and larger programs.

A Note for new builders Remember to go through a New volume setup and then format the hard drive.
type this in the search bar diskmgmt.msc for windows 7 users probably same for windows 8 and other OS your see the drives in there and just right click on the new drive and your see what you got to do from there as stated above. Hope this helps non experienced people

5.0 out of 5 stars does what it says on the tin, 27 July 2013
arrived quickly, easy to install, holds 1tb of data, has not exploded and killed my family. Until I've had it a few years can't speak to the reliability.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good product, remember to purchase the wires too!, 22 Aug 2013
I am not an IT wizkid but just to say that this product does exactly what it says. I am using it as a drive for all my games and so far, so good.

Just something to state, this may be common knowledge in the IT world (but to me it wasn't!) but it turns out you need to buy a SATA cable and something else, I forgot the name of, to hook this up in your machine. I am posting this as I think it may be useful for someone else, like myself, who did not realise this at the time of purchase as I assumed all the necessary wires would be supplied!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Western Digital 1t internal hard drive, 7 Dec 2013
I just want to inform people who may be like me and not computer 'savvy'.
I thought I would just connect the new hard drive inside my computer and then switch it on and the new drive would appear under 'my computer' Unfortunately, whilst it showed up in disk management, it didn't appear under 'my computer'. What I had to do was initialize it first then format it into NTFS files. Probably everybody who has wrote a review was aware of this but I didn't and this review is for people like me!!
It quite straight forward though, however I did read a good article on how to do it at 'pc supportabout .com'.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good drive, 3 May 2013
Mrs. Samantha Rushe (Monaghan, Ireland) - See all my reviews
Excellent drive, easy to install (would be great if they provided screws, but hey you can't have evrything!). Works great and excellent storage capacity. Good value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars decent cheap drive, 18 May 2013
im using this as a boot drive in a budget build and it does a good job, you cant use a wd green as boot its too slow, but if you want better speeds go with a wd black or an ssd

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Performance, 2 Dec 2012
Rob (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
Hard to review a basic part of your computer. Upgraded storage from a WD 500Gb drive to this 1Tb version. Easily installed, worked well once installed with slightly improved performance from the previous drive no doubt due to larger cache. Would recommend the reliability I have experienced with WD drives.

5.0 out of 5 stars Drive Hard, 24 May 2013
Took a chance.
It arrived within a few days - perfectly wrapped, a box within a box all carefully padded.
Cloned W7 across to it in 20 minutes - no problems
CrystalDiskMark3 showed it was 5 times faster than my previous WD600GB drive
Started using it and it has given me a much more responsive PC, I love it!
It is near silent and access is so quick, files and apps load so quickly.
I won't need a new PC for at least a couple of years.

5.0 out of 5 stars my new HD WD 1TB., 6 Mar 2014
This product was recomended and sourced for me by a volunteer computer engeneer (I am severly visually impaired). He said Western Digital made good reliable hardware. The price was the clinching factor for me. He had no trouble in fitting the disc into my computer, and doing techincal stuff like partitioning and reloading all my data from old malfunctioning hd. Everything started up OK, so I am very pleased.

WD 1TB Desktop SATA Hard Drive - Caviar Blue