4.0 out of 5 stars In the end, she liked it!
I picked this for my girlfriend, expecting all sorts of thank yous and applause for being such a thoughtful boyfriend so was a little miffed when she was less than pleased with it.

Confused, I asked why she wasn't over the moon with her new gift? And she told me that, apparently epilators are blooming painful to use.

Well, I then explained to her...
Published 13 months ago by The Truth

3.0 out of 5 stars A decent epilator, but the grips need to be wider
This is the 3rd epilator I've tried over the years and my main complaint just always seems to be valid no matter what make I am using. The head is only 32mm wide, just about an inch. Now when you've got so much skin to cover be on your arms, legs, or elsewhere, this can lead to very, very long sessions, especially if you consider body hair to be a design flaw and would...
Published 14 months ago by Inspector Gadget

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars In the end, she liked it!, 13 Aug 2013
The Truth "How it is" (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Philips SatinPerfect HP6582/00 Cordless Wet and Dry Epilator (Personal Care)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

Well, I then explained to her that she had to use it, at least once, so I could do this review. Again she was less than impressed - until she used it, that is.

Apparently epilators have come along way from the days of yore because this was relatively OK to use (according to her). It has 2 speeds and comes with a bagful of accessories too. One of which is a bag! The others are listed here:

1 x SatinPerfect HP6582/00 epilator
1 x Cleaning brush
1 x Smart tweezers
1 x Power adapter
1 x User manual

It can be used wet or dry which makes both cleaning and using the unit convenient and easy, and comes with a 2 year guarantee as well. It ain't cheap - but it ain't half bad either if epilation's your thing.

PS. If you're wondering what smart tweezers are, they're tweezers which have a inbuilt light to help you see the hairs you're plucking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect epilation kit, 23 July 2013
kehs (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This epilation kit has everything you could need. The epilator works efficiently, tackling even short hair, and is one of the most painless ones I've used (and I've been epilating for over 10 years). The light is a brilliant innovation, especially for people like me with poor eyesight! I love that it can be used in the shower - no more towels covered in hair to launder. The normal shaving head is a wonderful addition as I've never been brave enough to epilate my underarms, so this addition is very useful. The eyebrow tweezers are a great bonus and they too have a light and also a mirror to ensure professional looking eyebrows. All of this packs away neatly into the supplied pouch. This is the perfect epilation kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic epilator, 15 Feb 2014
I'm in love with Philips epilators. I've been using them for almost 20 years (1 lasts me about 10 years and I use them extensively).
This time I decided to try something from the higher shelf, as I was always using the cheap basic Satinelle models.

Cons: I can't see any. Maybe only a lack of instructions. There are some mysteriously looking attachments in the bag and I've got no idea what they are for.

Pros:
- while you epilate the light inbuilt in the case is on - a great help: finally I don't have to turn at awkward angles towards the lamp ot window to see what I'm doing.
- cordless: finally I can do it where ever I want to, no need to stay close to the socket any more
- ergonomic shape: sits well in palm, feels good
- great tweezers with strong light

And a few more thoughts:
I was worried about the width of the epilating area: it is actually exactly the same as in case of cheap usual satinelle models, it's just an optical illusion giving impression, that it will be very narrow.
I was also told, that a fully charged epilator will work for up to 40 minutes. It might be the case for higher speed settings. I use it on lower speed and it lasts much longer.
The trimming attachement works fine. IT's waterproof (tested in the shower).
Shaver works ok. Does the job, but I still prefer razors. Maybe I'm just not used to this kind of shavers.
There are more things in the bag, but as I previously mentioned, I don't even know what they are for.

In a nutshell: a great but and I would recommend to anybody.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really glad I chose to upgrade to this epilator!, 2 Feb 2014
Gemz (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I did a lot of research before choosing my new epilator. I knew I wanted to stick with Phillips, having used a Satinelle epilator happily for approx. 7 years before the unit gave up. I read a lot of reviews before picking this satinperfect but I am very happy with it.

Pros:
Smooth, quick to use, picks up even short hair fast. My old epilator in the end took ages to get to grips with the hair and thus the process took ages.
The light is really useful for seeing where the hair is on the skin that might be missed otherwise.
The attachment for bikini line really makes sense and makes it easier to remove the hairs. My old one didn't have anything like this, and epilating there could be hit-and-miss. Am very impressed with this feature.
It glides over curves in the knees and underarms easily, so removing hairs there is not a problem either.

Cons:
The button could be better designed, building to the higher speed instead of having to press it twice to reach it.
(Minor - The bag it came with was a poor substitute for the case my previous model had.)

I haven't yet had cause to try it in the shower or bath so I can't comment on the wet/dry feature, but that isn't what I bought it for, and I struggled to find what I wanted without the wet/dry feature. It works brilliantly on my underarms too, and the shave lasts longer than my previous model. I noticed some reviews commented on the noise; I don't find it noisier than I would have expected.

I'm very happy with this and hope it lasts as long as its predecessor!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent wet or dry, 28 July 2013
Cheshire Cat (Warrington, Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Philips have produced another winner with this top of the range unit. Must confess that my wife tested it (sorry, my dedication to the cause has some limits!) and,save for the occasional wince , declared that this was the most efficient u it that she has used to date.

Capable of being used dry or wet, this rechargeable unit charges quickly and comes with accessories that my wife thinks were nice but not essential. What she really liked was the pair of tweezers with s built in torch! Innovative thinking by Philips.

Supplied with a carry pouch, this compact little unit has no significant drawbacks.

Easy to recommend

4.0 out of 5 stars Epilator - Great, Razor Attachment - A Bit Pointless!, 11 July 2013
RozziD "Rose" (Lincoln, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
OK - so I got this out of the packaging, read through the instructions and charged it up. Then I took a deep breath, gritted my teeth and went for it!

Yes - I have used an epilator before and I am fully aware that you need to be a bit of a masochist to use one. Or at least that used to be the case. This one seems to have found a way to make the whole process bearable. I used the machine - according to the very clear instructions and diagrams - on both my legs and bikini line (which I thought was a very brave decision! But wanted to be thorough!) And I didn't cry! In all honesty, it really isn't that bad. If I said it was totally painless I would be fibbing but it wasn't awful (unlike in the early days of epilation)

The benefits of this machine are:

A really bright light that lets you see the hair you are trying to get
A variety of guards so that you can make the process as painless as possible
Cordless Wet and Dry so you can use it in the bath and it works equally well in either mode

The negatives ( in my opinion) are limited to one thing - there is a razor/shaver head that comes with this machine. I found it a bit pointless. WHY Philips?? If you want a razor - you'd get a razor!

On top of the epilator with all its benefits, there is also a pair of precision tweezers in this pack that have a very bright light. It is a really nice addition as you can get an all over hair removal - as it clearly states on the instructions not to use the epilator above the neck! (would anyone really do that?!?) so the tweezers can be use on eyebrows or anywhere else you may want to use them.

I would certainly recommend this Epilator even if you have tried them before and found them too painful to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Philips HP6582/00 Epilator, 6 July 2013
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Got this Philips HP6582/00 Epilator for my partner and this review is based on her comments.

On first few uses the results showed only a few hairs were left and these were easily removed at a second attempt.
As my partner explained you have to hold the epilator in a certain way to keep the unit in contact with your skin. A well-illustrated quick-start guide shows how to do this, but it can be hard to do, it took a bit of getting used to, especially if you're new to epilating and when doing the back of the legs. My partner found that most hairs were removed when using light pressure and moderate speed (as instructed). There are variable speed settings for `bony areas' or those with little hair (such as ankles) and another for larger, hairier areas.

The epilator comes with a storage pouch; there is a small cleaning brush to help dislodge loose hairs from the epilation discs. A Specifically adapted cap for use over more sensitive skin, so that the epilation can be used in delicate parts, there also skin tweezers, integrated light and mirror, for use with eyebrows. The unit is cordless with a rechargeable battery. Recharging the unit can be tricky, as mentioned by other reviewers. My partner's final thoughts on Philips Epilator were that only repeat use over a longer time frame, would determine whether this method of hair removal was preferable to waxing, hence her four star rating.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it!, 13 Aug 2014
Great investment.

I had an old Satinelle for over 10 years, and the cord finally broke off. I was gutted, but now I've got my new Satinelle and it's sooo much better. Super quick, removes ALL hair, no need to worry about the cord, the light is great help as my bathroom is not particularly well lit.

Perfect to take on holiday as well, takes no space, pack it in any corner of the bag and off you go!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good value for money, 22 Aug 2014
I love this epilator. I used to have the satinelle which I liked but this one is so much better. Using it in the shower or bath is a plus, the different heads are all quite useful except the sensitive one (too small for arm pits or bikini.)
I charged it once since I got it and used three times without having to charge it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smoothe legs, 23 Mar 2014
J. T. King - See all my reviews
Work brilliantly on all hair length on legs giving a silky smoothe feel - not been brave enough to try elsewhere :-)

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›