4.0 out of 5 stars Accessible Post-Modern Jazz, 4 Mar 2013
This review is from: Kairos Moment (Audio CD)
Kairos Moment came up as a recommendation after I'd ordered another jazz CD and, on first playing, I was tempted to check up to see how much money I'd wasted. In fact, it was only that it had excellent professional reviews that stopped me binning it and give it another try. Although I still think it is a little bland and a little too sweet, the album is growing on me. If the saxophonist, Adam Waldmann, were to study gut-bucket and be more daring in his improvisations, the Kairos 4tet could be great. Pretty perfection is for Mozart. Jazz needs an edge.

5.0 out of 5 stars The new bop, 20 Dec 2010
This review is from: Kairos Moment (Audio CD)
I'm not used to write critics over here but this record deserves it so much... I'm a big Jasper Hoiby fan, so I fall into this amazing new band. This is the kind of music that jazz needs to grow and to show to the world that we aren't just reminding the greats, but also thinking in the future of this incredible kind of music. This cd is fresh air for every listener who's interested in discovering new voices (not only the new yorker ones, who are also great but too much in the foreground). There's an awesome band over here, it's called Kairos 4tet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Genius....., 22 Feb 2010
S. Railton (London, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kairos Moment (Audio CD)
This is a truly excellent album, Hymn for Her is genius.....very much worth a listen.

Kairos Moment