5.0 out of 5 stars Late to the party
Published 10 months ago by Reddskin

2.0 out of 5 stars All filler, no thriller!
Maybe I'm getting old, but this I found this album really disappointing. Besides the singles, there isn't really anything else worth listening too. It's repetitive and boring, with many of the tunes using very similar rhythms, beats and tempos...don't believe the hype!
Published 7 months ago by E Z Driver

5.0 out of 5 stars Late to the party, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
My daughter went to see these flibbertigibbets at a gig last year. I didn't know or care what or who she was going on about. Then recently, trapped in the car on a long journey to my other daughters uni I had no choice but to listen. Purchased via the Amazon app on my phone by the end of the day. Now on constant repeat. LOVE. p.s I'm 51 and a half and probably should be listening to something more age appropriate. Sorry if this puts you off!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Settle for anything less, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Settle (MP3 Download)
If you like dance music, you'll love this! That said, it's not your average album full of beats and bass. I actually listen to this quite a lot when I'm studying. It's got quite a chilled feel to it - but you could still stick it on when you're having a few drinks before hitting the club at the weekends. I listen to a lot of Groove Armada, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx and Justice, and these guys are nestled right up there with the rest. A great album!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer soundtrack, 3 Jun 2013
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
This year has seen a welcome injection of credible dance music penetrating the charts, with recent hits from the likes of Duke Dumont, Rudimental, and of course Disclosure. Eschewing the tiresome dubstep trend, the duo instead bring a fresh approach to deep house and garage. This works best on the jittery funk of Voices, the synth-laced stomp of Latch, and of course the pandemically contagious White Noise, which was a massive top ten hit earlier this year. With Settle, Disclosure have succeeded admirably in making a shimmering, poppy record that never fails to stay true to its electronic roots.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album, 30 Nov 2013
Sussman "Sussman" (London CA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
Settle is the inaugural album by the British electronic music duo Disclosure; the album includes previously released singles "Latch", "White Noise" and "You & Me". The deluxe edition of the album contains four bonus tracks including Disclosure's remix of Jessie Ware's song "Running". The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It has also earned pervasive critical praise by NME, Digital Spy and Billlboard - to name but a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I wrote them a "thank you"..., 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Settle (MP3 Download)
This is some of the best and boldest music I've heard in a long long time.

Back in the mid nineties, when these lads were barely out of nappies, I was hitting clubland every weekend - and arguably at its peak, during the early age of the "superclub" (just before they got too pretentious and commercial). If you remember (and went to) clubs like Hard Times, or frequented the back room at Cream, this will take you right back to those glorious years; the days when UK garage and strong US House seemed to be in some kind of an alliance. Think along the lines of Todd Terry, Frankie Knuckles, Roger Sanchez, Dave Morales... this is immediately up there with some of those legendary names.

It packs a punch but is beautifully soulful. Deep, tasty bass and yet relentlessly catchy vibes - this is bound to appeal to people traditionally way outside the bounds of the genre.

I just wish I could be listening to it from a dancefloor...

5.0 out of 5 stars My current favourite album - and has been for months., 19 Jun 2014
Thomas (Leeds, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
This is my current favourite album - and has been for months. I purposefully bought it just to play in our car - and it gets played loads. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's great!, 26 Aug 2013
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
Not as like 10/10 I thought it maybe was going to be but still some greats songs on, gone the most popular ones like Latch and White Noise which are my fav!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good album, 25 Aug 2013
R. Perugi (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
Pleasantly surprised by this album...the headline tracks are great anyway, but the really good news is that most of the other tracks on the album are better than expected. Good buy, highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars Selection of Styles, 5 Jun 2013
This review is from: Settle (MP3 Download)
Where to start..... well I brought the Deluxe version, it was only a little more and you get 4 extra tracks. I particularly like these 4 tracks so bit of a bonus! If you need to burn this to CD, be aware the full 18 tracks are too long for the 80min CD, choose a track you don't like or just leave off the 'Intro' track (1min long). The album is a mix of tracks that are of differing styles and is packed with 'feat' artists which provide the variations. At first I thought this would be difficult to get into but somehow the tracks 'meld' together and after a few playthroughs I'm hooked! Yes there are some tracks I like better than others but unlike many other albums my finger has avoided the 'Skip' button. To me there appears to be some underlying 80's soul/dance in here but it sounds new and fresh. If you're looking for something new buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved by an old school cheesy quaver, 9 Jan 2014
D. J. Scholes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
(cheesy quaver = raver. In case you weren't sure).

Brilliant re-imagining of deep house for a new century. Straight-up fantastic.

Settle