5.0 out of 5 stars Late to the party
Published 21 months ago by Reddskin

3.0 out of 5 stars She enjoyed it.
For my daughter.. She enjoyed it.
Published 2 months ago by ralph amato

5.0 out of 5 stars Late to the party, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
My daughter went to see these flibbertigibbets at a gig last year. I didn't know or care what or who she was going on about. Then recently, trapped in the car on a long journey to my other daughters uni I had no choice but to listen. Purchased via the Amazon app on my phone by the end of the day. Now on constant repeat. LOVE. p.s I'm 51 and a half and probably should be listening to something more age appropriate. Sorry if this puts you off!

4.0 out of 5 stars Don't Settle for anything less, 13 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Settle (MP3 Download)
If you like dance music, you'll love this! That said, it's not your average album full of beats and bass. I actually listen to this quite a lot when I'm studying. It's got quite a chilled feel to it - but you could still stick it on when you're having a few drinks before hitting the club at the weekends. I listen to a lot of Groove Armada, Daft Punk, Basement Jaxx and Justice, and these guys are nestled right up there with the rest. A great album!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect summer soundtrack, 3 Jun. 2013
Pete H (Newcastle UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
This year has seen a welcome injection of credible dance music penetrating the charts, with recent hits from the likes of Duke Dumont, Rudimental, and of course Disclosure. Eschewing the tiresome dubstep trend, the duo instead bring a fresh approach to deep house and garage. This works best on the jittery funk of Voices, the synth-laced stomp of Latch, and of course the pandemically contagious White Noise, which was a massive top ten hit earlier this year. With Settle, Disclosure have succeeded admirably in making a shimmering, poppy record that never fails to stay true to its electronic roots.

5.0 out of 5 stars So good I wrote them a "thank you"..., 9 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Settle (MP3 Download)
This is some of the best and boldest music I've heard in a long long time.

Back in the mid nineties, when these lads were barely out of nappies, I was hitting clubland every weekend - and arguably at its peak, during the early age of the "superclub" (just before they got too pretentious and commercial). If you remember (and went to) clubs like Hard Times, or frequented the back room at Cream, this will take you right back to those glorious years; the days when UK garage and strong US House seemed to be in some kind of an alliance. Think along the lines of Todd Terry, Frankie Knuckles, Roger Sanchez, Dave Morales... this is immediately up there with some of those legendary names.

It packs a punch but is beautifully soulful. Deep, tasty bass and yet relentlessly catchy vibes - this is bound to appeal to people traditionally way outside the bounds of the genre.

I just wish I could be listening to it from a dancefloor...

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good album, 25 Aug. 2013
R. Perugi (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
Pleasantly surprised by this album...the headline tracks are great anyway, but the really good news is that most of the other tracks on the album are better than expected. Good buy, highly recommend.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Album, 30 Nov. 2013
Susman "Sussman" (London Mills IL) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
Settle is the inaugural album by the British electronic music duo Disclosure; the album includes previously released singles "Latch", "White Noise" and "You & Me". The deluxe edition of the album contains four bonus tracks including Disclosure's remix of Jessie Ware's song "Running". The album debuted at number one on the UK Albums Chart. It has also earned pervasive critical praise by NME, Digital Spy and Billlboard - to name but a few.

5.0 out of 5 stars A joy from start to finish, 25 May 2014
S. C. JONES "Jonesy" (Leicestershire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
Well, I'm a convert. Let me firstly state that this is an absolutely brilliant pop / house / garage LP from two extraordinarily talented brothers. Having said that, I only got into their music through osmosis. Zane Lowe's constant championing of the band allowed me to hear their glossy, shiny singles (i.e. the more commercial stuff) while cooking / cleaning in the evenings. I bought the album not exactly knowing what to expect, but it didn't - and still doesn't - let me down in any way. I can happily listen to it from start to finish and not skip a track. It's quite simple - there aren't layers and layers of sounds - but it's effective and catchy and the Lawrence brothers not only know how to write a song, they also have impeccable taste in guest vocalists. This is a great debut, but what's really exciting is I get the sense they could be like the Chemical Brothers or Orbital and produce classic album after classic album. Here's hoping ...

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent dance music!, 16 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
These 2 young lads have restored my tarnished faith in British dance music. For about a decade now, the airwaves have lacked characterful and imaginative dance music; instead we've been bombarded with tedious Autotuned chart fodder, naff remixes and same-old-same-old soulless American RnB. Now, enter these fellas, and we've got a return to the heady days of the early 90s, with better production techniques. There are soulful vocals, there are edgy urban rhythms with a nod to the UK garage sounds of the early 2000s, spacey, sinister-sounding 3D synths and rocking beats. This album has barely a dull track. My own favourite is 'Confess to Me', but 'F for You', 'When a Fire Starts to Burn' and 'Voices' are excellent dance choonz too. Great to hear decent dance music back in vogue and a welcome change to the trash we've had to endure for far too long. Can't wait for the next album!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am an Old Disco Dolly Sad Sad Sad, 18 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Settle (Audio CD)
I brought this album because I have had a love affair with all things disco,dancy and night cluby since about 1978 when I used to go to jazz funk nights at my local Tiffanys, I am now far too old for night clubbing and most of them in my area seem to have closed and gone the way of most pubs. For me dance music is given far too many different labels these days,it's just music, enjoy it, listen to it, dance to it. What I would say after listening to this album is there is a good mix of sounds and beats. Good varied tunes that's what I like about this album, some of the synth sounds to me are abit 80's some abit 90's but with a modern twist. Happy listening 'Pop Pickers'

4.0 out of 5 stars Selection of Styles, 5 Jun. 2013
Where to start..... well I brought the Deluxe version, it was only a little more and you get 4 extra tracks. I particularly like these 4 tracks so bit of a bonus! If you need to burn this to CD, be aware the full 18 tracks are too long for the 80min CD, choose a track you don't like or just leave off the 'Intro' track (1min long). The album is a mix of tracks that are of differing styles and is packed with 'feat' artists which provide the variations. At first I thought this would be difficult to get into but somehow the tracks 'meld' together and after a few playthroughs I'm hooked! Yes there are some tracks I like better than others but unlike many other albums my finger has avoided the 'Skip' button. To me there appears to be some underlying 80's soul/dance in here but it sounds new and fresh. If you're looking for something new buy it.

Settle