5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Decanter Toy That Works!
Published on 11 Nov 2010 by bambozzo

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great
I tried the blind test and there was not a great difference. this is a great idea which does not work for me. my wife likes it though.
Published 14 months ago by Caveman

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic Decanter Toy That Works!, 11 Nov 2010
Heard about these aerators from Americans on a recent cruise, seems they are very popular in the U.S. Thought I'd try one with the idea that it would be just another toy that's fun to start with then just gets put in a drawer and forgotten about. This wont be the case here, it works, the wine smells and tastes much better as soon as it's poured through this little gadget so it definitely will not be getting put away. It will be used every time I pour red wine, (quite often). It's also fun by the way, the wine gurggles and bubbles it's way quickly through and everybody wants a go.
The only problem I have is with the supplier. The filter and carry bag were missing from the box and although minor details, I thought I'd get in touch through Amazon and ask about these. To date there's been no reply which I find really annoying. Firms who are quick to take your money for the original purchase should at least have the decency to reply, even if its just to say sorry but they don't have any of these left.

5.0 out of 5 stars Smooth wine!, 21 April 2013
What a find! I have bought two of these in the past 4 months. One for me for Christmas, and one for my brother, who is also a wine lover, for his birthday. It really does work! I am pretty sceptical as a rule but kept an open mind. I, together with my husband and sister, tried this out at Christmas without letting a bottle of red wine breath. Wine under those circumstances would not be that great but after pouring it through this little a aerator it was lovely and smooth. I would recommend it to anyone who can't wait out the 'breathing' time, and actually anyone who can.

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems to make a genuine difference to how wine tastes, 29 Nov 2013
Guy Morris (London) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand (Kitchen & Home)
I've used this a few times now and it does seem to improve the taste of the wine. It can't make a bad wine taste good, but it can make a good wine taste incredible. Definitely worth having one for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wine aerator, 2 Aug 2011
We find the aerator very successful in improving the taste of red wines dated 2009 to the present.
Curiously, we also find that white wines are similarly improved.
Alec Benjamin

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 18 Oct 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Decanter, 16 July 2013
I chose this rating as I am not at all convinced this product does what it claims to do i.e: aerate the wine as I could not detect any changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy for wine lovers, 8 April 2013
Bought this as a gift but we have the same one. It is really easy to use and makes a real difference to red wine. Would recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars red wine aerator, 20 April 2011
Bought one while wine tasting in Sonoma last year and can really taste difference -so wanted another one for a friend

3.0 out of 5 stars Great decanter - poor service, 31 Jan 2011
M. Gee - See all my reviews
A friend of mine showed me one of these last weekend, I logged straight on to Amazon to buy one.

It arrived a couple of days later, unfortunately missing the filter and carry case. To cut a long story short, Amazon basically refused to intervene and insisted I return the item for a full refund. In the end they've offered me a small refund but I'm still without the filter and carry case.

The decanter itself is fine and really improves the flavour of the wine. I just wish I had received the full product!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay - I suppose !, 12 Jan 2014
This review is from: Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand (Kitchen & Home)
I had great expectations of this item . I have used it a few times and I must admit I have'nt noticed too much difference ,maybe I'll appreciate it after more usage.

Magic Decanter Red Wine Aerator & Stand