4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia!
I don't mind a bit of pop music, and this three disc collection gathers some of the very best songs from the past thirty years, tracks known instantly by everyone. Whilst it would be nice for a bigger variety of music, some rock and britpop too even things out a bit, there is more than enough good material on these discs to merit four stars.

I don't think I...
Published 10 months ago by ReviewBlog51

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing.......
I have know on what basis they choose these songs. Perhaps licensing, legal problems,popularity or stupidity but how could they leave out Oasis, Blur
Published 10 months ago by MH

4.0 out of 5 stars Nostalgia!, 30 May 2013
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)

I don't think I could give 'NOW That's What I Call 30 Years' five stars, but to give it a one star is ridiculous, as surely there are at least a handful songs on here that will be of everybody's taste. It could have been better, but it's still a good collection of some of the biggest hits from the past thirty years.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's ok-ish, 31 May 2013
This triple cd is ok but there's too much modern stuff on it for my liking. There's no tunes from Blur or some of the other 90's bands on it. And what is Madonna doing on it. I thought her record company didn't like her being on these according to a tv programme I was watching the other night. It was a well known fact that she'd never appeared on a NOW compilation.
There's also not a lot of 80's stuff on there either, I think it should have had one disc of 80's, one disc of 90's and one disc of 2000 - 2012/13 on it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of Past Hits, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call 30 Years (MP3 Download)
Excellent and quick to download with some of the best music from some of the best artist's over the last thirty years

2.0 out of 5 stars Missing......., 5 Jun 2013
MH (California United States) - See all my reviews
Duran Duran, Culture Club, Spandau Ballet, Adam & Ants, George Michael even The Artic Monkeys. I would have a hard time picking songs but all the bands I mentioned were crucial during certain era's of Britpop, New Wave/New Romantic, and Pop and Rock. Just my opinion and thoughts. But seriously no Oasis???

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal gift..., 30 May 2013
Ideal gift recommended for any NOW music fans. Bought this product for my partner for his birthday and upon arrival he put it on and texted me to tell me its full of camp tunes and great songs from the decades. Fast next day delivery and one happy partner... A+ rating highly recommended as gift or personal item

3.0 out of 5 stars another 'now' let down rush release, 31 May 2013
This review is from: Now That's What I Call 30 Years (MP3 Download)
I HAVE TO SAY THIS IS A VERY POOR SELLECTION OF SONGS FOR 30 YEARS OF THE NOW MUSIC ALBUMS. I HAVE BEEN BUYING THE NOW ALBUMS SINCE I WAS 11 YEARS OLD AND STILL DO TO KEEP UP TO DATE, WHY PUT MADONNA ON HERE WHEN SHE NEVER APPEARED ON ANY OF THE EARLY (80'S AND 90'S) NOW ALBUMS. THERE ARE TOO MANY OF THE MODERN SO CALLED HITS TRACKS ON HERE ALSO THE BIGGEST SELLING NOW ALBUMS WERE FROM THE EIGHTIES AND NINETIES. THEY COULD HAVE MADE THIS A LOT BETTER AND HAD A FOUR CD SET WITH MORE TRACKS ON IT,OR EVEN HAD AN ONLINE VOTE TO SELECT PEOPLE'S FAVOURATE TRACKS FROM 1983 TO 2013 OF THE NOW ALBUMS RELEASED.

3.0 out of 5 stars Now 30, 15 Jun 2013
Thomas Mc Nulty "Texas Tom" (Derry, Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Now That's What I Call 30 Years (MP3 Download)
For me, this compilation focuses to much on the second 15 years! Though it is a fair enough selection of tracks. Some glaring omissions. Where are the Pet Shop Boys, Erasure etc. No instrumentals such as Robert Miles' 'Children' or 'Axel F' Psy, Bastille etc.How many people will remember them in 30 years. Great party cd but not entirely my cup of tea

3.0 out of 5 stars Disc 1 is brilliant, the others are not so great but provide some decent tunes., 8 Jun 2013
Disc 1 has nothing but back to back classics with cheesy pop monoliths such as 'I Should Be So Lucky' and 'Never Gonna Give You Up' alongside dance tunes like the brooding 'Killer' and the fabulous 'Saturday Night'. Can't really fault this disc, i loved every song. 5/5

Disc 2 is quite feeble in comparison, i only liked 12 out of the 20 songs. You've got the horrendous Titanic theme 'My Heart Will Go On' alongside other feeble ballads such as 'No Matter What' and 'Bleeding Love' and *gulp* 'You Raise Me Up', a song so sugary that it makes you wonder why the album didn't come with a sick bucket included just for that one, solitary song. Dismal. But there are some decent tunes on here. 'Livin' La Vida Loca' is an absolute belter, 'Mambo No. 5' is an infectious tune, 'Oops!..I Did It Again!' is Britney at her most poptastic and catchy and 'Grace Kelly' is a joyous little sing if you can tolerate the ear puncturing falsetto in the chorus. But there's too many forgettable songs on here such as 'Just A Little', 'Push The Button' and 'Sound Of The Underground' alongside the aforementioned ballads. 3/5

Disc 3 is even worse with only 10 songs appealing to me. We get a trio of excellent songs that kick off this disc: 'Rolling In The Deep', 'Bad Romance' and 'In For The Kill'. But then we get a few uninspired duds such as 'OMG' and 'I Gotta Feeling'. One Direction, PSY, Ed Sheeran, Jessie J and Bastille provide the best tunes. It speaks volumes that the weakest disc is full of modern songs which indicates that modern pop music is really heading down the drain.

Nevertheless, it's worth the money if you don't mind wading through utter dross to find the gems on the later discs.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill cd, 3 Jun 2013
Really enjoyed listening to it as normally when you buy cd like this you always get some rubbish records on it. Disc1 and 2 were very good but the third on not so good. I would recommend it to friends and family. Value for money

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice tracks, 3 Jun 2013
Adam "A friendly bloke who likes to listen to... (DROITWICH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Good value at just 4.
Nice range of tracks. Good for the gym!
I like how the era's are separated out on the set.

ARRAY(0xa26a55d0)