Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 June 2013
I am a massive fan of India Arie's voice and albums, and this one is a gem too. Some of the songs needed to grow on me if I am honest, but none of these songs are weak filler tracks or annoying tunes, unlike some of todays current artists. She has kept her soulful identity and signature style and flair. This is is in a similar vein to her last album and overall is quite a mellow album.
My favourite tracks are Moved by You (on the deluxe album version) - the songs lyrics and sentiment is literally moving and is simply exquisite - and could see this song easily being used in a bridal march at a wedding.
Also, Thy Will Be Done (featuring Gramps Morgan) is another triumph with its rich reggae vibes, along with Just do You (which will probably be her next single), I Am Light, Cocoa Butter (1st & current single), Brother's Keeper, This Love, Nothing That I Love More, & Strange Fruit (again on the deluxe album version - an obscure and unusual track from India in a good way, nice!)
This album is very summery, uplifting album, that is refreshing - as so much music that is commercial is the same old repetitive dancey rubbish, about either sex or 'dancing it up & getting down in the club.' India Arie is an ORIGINAL, with class, talent, emotion, detail and great soulful expression.
on 26 June 2013
I'm so happy with India Arie's new album. It's endearing with such empowering message with every song.
If you need to be uplifted and inspired please purchase this wonderful masterpiece.
Well Done Beautiful India!
I love you!!
on 24 June 2013
Highly recommended! India has done it again and created something incredible. A sumptuous sound paired with beautifully written lyrics. Words sound honest and almost emotionally confessional. My new favourite album of 2013.

Give it a try!
on 16 July 2013
waited so long for this album and it didn't disappoint
beautiful and poetic if you are searching your soul this will find it
on 8 September 2013
I love India Arie's voice, her lyrics and this album on first listening had me hook line and sinker just like the others in my collection. I love that she includes family members on some of her tracks, that she is committed to her work. Beautiful woman with a beautiful voice. I have not real favourites as yet as I brought this at the same time as Back To Love by Anthony Hamilton so am beating his album to death but I know that like all her other albums it will capture my heart again.
on 20 January 2014
This was a gift for my wife.
Despite the package not arriving by the estimated date, my wife is more than delighted with the album.

I wouldn't let the delay retract from the pleasure of the album.
on 6 June 2014
Really fast service and delivery from this supplier. I love India's music, and was really excited to hear her latest tunes (it's been so long since the last album). Great set of tracks on SongVersation.. but I personally prefer her earlier albums (Acoustic Soul +9 the Testimony volumes), they had a bit more "bite". Well worth the purchase though, for all true Indie fans.
on 29 July 2013
Finally here!!! I have hoped and wished this new album, I absolutely love this artist!!
India Arie's has the talent to convey her thoughts, feelings and ideas in her songs in a way that calls out to all who listen to them , and this long awaited album is no exception. It is soulfull, joyfull and uplifting, and I love it!!!
To those who don't know her yet, you'll discover a true storyteller who sings her soul..
on 30 March 2014
Another great album from India, I just love her voice, her music, the lyrics... Could listen to it over and over again!
on 10 June 2015
An amazing singer! This album is wonderful and I have been listening to it every day ever since I bought it.....All her songs are brilliant. Don't hesitate-buy it!!!