5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding
Snapshot of a superb artist developing his range and roles. Wonderful orchestral accompaniment directed by Ivan Fischer.

An outstanding disc. A must for fans of Kauffman, Fischer and for Wagnerites
Published 13 months ago by DRW

3.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment
This recording has received very good reviews in the press and I bought it on the strength of this.Performances are
generally pretty good, though I have some reservations about Petra Lang the soprano soloist.For my taste her vibrato
becomes too wide on occasion and this can spoil the focus of the voice.Technically, the recording quality leaves much
to be...
Published 14 months ago by hifimuso

3.0 out of 5 stars a disappointment, 10 July 2013
This review is from: Wagner: Opera Excerpts (Audio CD)
to be desired.The sound brings to mind some of the LSO live recordings made at Barbican Hall ie. a compressed feel
lacking ambience.On the other hand the dynamic range can get unnaturally quiet and withdrawn in relation to louder
dynamics - don't get me wrong I'm not advocating a compressed Classic FM sound,just a realistic concert hall feel.
In case you're wondering,I do know what an orchestra sounds like in the flesh as I'm a professional violinist and I
also attend plenty of concerts.To be fair I was not listening in surround sound so hopefully there would be more air
and space in that mode.

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding, 18 Aug 2013
DRW (London UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wagner: Opera Excerpts (Audio CD)

An outstanding disc. A must for fans of Kauffman, Fischer and for Wagnerites