Price:£21.30+ £9.60 shipping

on 3 November 2013
While understanding the cash cow nature of the franchise, my 6 yo son loves these things so getting this set was pretty much essential. The pieces are sturdy and the launcher seems like it is capable of withstanding a decent amount of use. The actual Star Destroyer is a little complicated for smaller children to construct as there are no real instructions and you have only the picture on the box to go by but with a bit of help it comes out quite impressive looking. My boy soon after started making his own designs so there are enough blocks to make a variety of constructions to knock down.

The birds themselves are made of a slightly softer rubber than those pre-telepod ones for those that are familiar with them, which makes them less likely to scuff or dint. The details of the characters are painted on a bit haphazardly compared to earlier editions, with a bit of paint run here and there, but the important thing is that my boy doesn't care and is actually amused by the more 'organic' slightly melted look of the characters that brings out more personality.

The use of the characters with the Angry Birds Star Wars II tablet game can be a bit fiddly depending on the nature of the tablet used. Using the special base, the character was quite easily recognised by an IPod Touch 4th gen, and this version even has a guide as to where to place the base, but on a larger Android Acer Iconia 510 tablet, it took a little more work(the tablet isn't listed as being supported but it works)as there is no guide and one needs to shine a bit of light on the base so the camera can pick up the symbols and incorporate the character into the game.

Finally, there isn't all that much educational value to this set, except to develop the usual skills that come with creating things out of blocks and working out the physics necessary to launch rubber creatures at the creations to knock them down. But judging by my son's reaction this thing is a lot of fun and the fact that 6 of the 10 characters are unique to this set pretty much keeps all parents with children who are into collecting these, somewhat captive regarding whether to get this or not.

Recommended toy for real Angry Birds fans.
on 26 December 2013
A great idea if the telepods work on your tablet. A google search will bring up a list of compatible tablets however some tablets that are not listed may still work. Unfortunately I couldn't find a list of tablets that definately don't work. The tesco hudl is not able to scan the telepod. After I tried it on my ipad mini & it scanned straight away. It does look impressive as it appears in the angry bird game and is ready to be launched. I had imagined you could scan each angry bird in over and over, however it only seems to let you scan the particular bird once per level. Hopefully future telepods will be able to be scanned by a wider range of tablets.
on 6 November 2014
I can't WAIT to see my LO's face when he opens this at Chrimbo.
He says it "ties in" with the game on his tablet.
But I was NOT expecting anything so substantial; there's lots of bits, & the box is rather large.
Now, where can I hide this for a few months . . . . . . .
on 13 March 2015
There is not enough weight in the plastic blocks to give any stability, and you only have to walk past for the whole thing to collapse. My five-year old grandson, who loves building, and is quite dexterous, has been disappointed frequently when trying to put the last pieces in place on the construction, only to have it clatter down again, before he is ready to bombard it. The 'Knock on Wood' version is much better, more stable, with bigger pieces and with construction designs on cards to copy. He has had much more fun out of that, and it was quite a bit cheaper. However he seems to like the Star Wars characters interacting with the iPad, but even this game seems quite simplistic to me, having peered over his shoulder. I wouldn't recommend this toy at all.
on 5 December 2015
Really cool item. Quite elaborate and fiddly to put together so approach with a steady hand and plenty patience. Son age 5 needs mum to set it up which is a shame but it's worth it I suppose
The figures are great and the detail is awesome. Quite impressive. Plenty of them too which was nice to see
on 14 February 2015
Well, my 3 1/2 years old son love Angry Birds Star Wars. He likes to build the "rocket" in many shapes and the he just hit the "rocket" by hands (the launcher is not very efficient).
We are enjoying to teleport the heroes on the tablet.
Perfect for him.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 February 2014
Contains loads of characters so really good. Only downside is that they wouldn't work on my sons tablet but we finally managed to load them onto my Samsung Galaxy Tab. They can still be played with as toys so not a waste.
on 31 December 2013
I bought this for my grandsons aged 4 and 6 and was amazed when they knew exactly how it worked (without reading instructions!). It was undoubtedly their star Christmas present and they never get bored of it, thanks to the innovative link-up with I-pad.
on 5 November 2013
Got this for a lot less than Argos were selling it for, my son will be well excited when he opens this at Christmas.
on 27 November 2013
Purchase this from Amazon for £26 with free delivery which was the cheapest I could find along with Jedi v sith pack for £6

It has lots of telepods some exclusive my son has talked non stop about it being his favourite toy

Ordered on the sat night and arrived on the tues what more can I say , very impressed , thanks Amazon