5.0 out of 5 stars The new Apple sat-nav, the iGO. Toyota won't be happy. Wait, it's made by who?...
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
---- UPDATED (24/12/14) REVIEW BEGINS ----...
Published 16 months ago by DARKcell

2.0 out of 5 stars Existing TomTom users prepare for disappointment
If you are someone who already owns a TomTom SatNav, and if you are someone who loves the TomTom user interface design with its many features and customisations, you need to think very carefully before you cough up your cash for the new Go experience. Unfortunately it is all too easy to be swayed by the "free" headlines and the lovely map images appearing in the product...
Published 18 months ago by Buzbox

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent at what it does!, 6 July 2013
This review is from: TomTom GO 500 Europe (Electronics)
While there are missing features, as mentioned in the other reviews, my personal preference is to have a device which works well and I never used the features which are currently missing.

I connect the device using my iPhone 4s and the connetion is instant and I believe a lot faster than the 'always connected' x000 devices! Traffic magically seems to appear within seconds and is updated regularly. The new search features are excellent and the routing, as with past TomToms, seems to use the best algorithm I've come across. The screen is just about the right size, being bigger than my previous TomToms and not too big, which is what I feared the 600/6000 would be.

It does what it says on the tin!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 2 July 2013
This review is from: TomTom GO 500 Europe (Electronics)
I have used 2 generations of Tomtoms (910 and GO 750) before buying this one and I believe this to be an excellent update. Device is responsive and mapping, routes etc all good. The level of personal configuration allowed has dropped significantly but for me this was not an issue as new settings were right. No more 7 screens of settings.

The bluetooth element worked well. My phone (HTC One XL) supports two connections at once - one voice (to Ford handsfree) and one data to the Tomtom. This uses bluetooth tethering.

Problems
- seems to use more power than previous GO 750 - always low battery when unplugged so not charging properly from my 12v feed
- some instability, repeated crashing for 30 mins on one drive, otherwise fine
- better PC management with dreaded Tomtom home replaced with more lightweight version

5.0 out of 5 stars Routing to excellence, 10 July 2014
J. Pearce - See all my reviews
This review is from: TomTom GO 400 Europe (discontinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Wow! After getting rid of my dreadful Garmin this is like a breath of fresh air! The mapping is amazing and when you get into a large city centre like Manchester the mapping zooms right in meaning that navigating complicated junctions become really easy.

Dump that old sat nav and get one of these today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun 2014
This review is from: TomTom GO 500 Europe (Electronics)
A great Sat Nav. Very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars tom rom, 18 Jun 2014
C. Mcbeth "seventies child" (Hampshire England) - See all my reviews
Very happy with my Tom Tom. It is reliable. I like that it shows me what time my expected arrival is. The Australian voice is great. Makes me smile everytime.

5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom GO 600, 14 May 2014
Sent to my very fast. Very nice service. Easy to use and quick to pick up the gps signal. Will go back as and when i need a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars item is priced right, 27 Mar 2014
yes i like it becase of the size and how clear the screen is plus the make tom tom . regards fred.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 14 Mar 2014
Brilliant product - just what i needed. It does everything that i had expected and i strongly recommend it. Perfect!

2.0 out of 5 stars BLACKBERRY USERS BEWARE!!, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: TomTom GO 500 Europe (Electronics)
A definite improvement on my old Tom Tom XL. The.main reason I upgraded was to get live traffic updates. In the small print on the box, it does say "via smart phone connection to the internet". That's the first problem. You will need 3G or 4g coverage and a reasonably priced data package. Then you will have to hope that any traffic jams do not occur in a 3G/4G black spot. But most annoyingly (shame on Tom Tom), the device WILL NOT TETHER TO A BLACKBERRY. only the Z10 is supported. This information is not shown on the packaging or in-device support menu. I spent hours trying to connect my BB 9900 and eventually found the above information on the Tom Tom support website. My advice? Save your money and buy a cheaper model, if you are a Blackberry user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little SatNav, 20 Dec 2013
Neil Douglas (London, England) - See all my reviews
I was a little nervous about buying this having read reviews of people struggling to update it from the TomTom site and so on, but I have to say I have had absolutely no problems.
Also, some reviews complained about missing features - these seem to have been added, so for example you can plan trips that start somewhere other than you are.
To date I have no criticisms at all of the device. If I was to be picky I'd say searching for addresses is slow.
For those who complain you can't do house numbers have you tried house number, space, postcode? It works. So for instance 12 RH5 9QA
This model has an integrated mount, the next size up (500) has a separate mount. If I lost this I'd probably buy the next one up so I could leave the mount permanently on the windscreen, but its no big deal.

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›