5.0 out of 5 stars The new Apple sat-nav, the iGO. Toyota won't be happy. Wait, it's made by who?...
✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚✚
---- UPDATED (24/12/14) REVIEW BEGINS ----...
Published 21 months ago by DARKcell

2.0 out of 5 stars Existing TomTom users prepare for disappointment
If you are someone who already owns a TomTom SatNav, and if you are someone who loves the TomTom user interface design with its many features and customisations, you need to think very carefully before you cough up your cash for the new Go experience. Unfortunately it is all too easy to be swayed by the "free" headlines and the lovely map images appearing in the product...
Published 23 months ago by Buzbox

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Routing to excellence, 10 July 2014
J. Pearce - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMTOM GO 400 EU (Electronics)
Wow! After getting rid of my dreadful Garmin this is like a breath of fresh air! The mapping is amazing and when you get into a large city centre like Manchester the mapping zooms right in meaning that navigating complicated junctions become really easy.

Dump that old sat nav and get one of these today!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 30 Jun. 2014
A great Sat Nav. Very easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars TomTom GO 600, 14 May 2014
This review is from: TOMTOM 1FA6.002.04 GO 600 EU IN - (SatNav GPS Devices) (discountinued by manufacturer) (Electronics)
Sent to my very fast. Very nice service. Easy to use and quick to pick up the gps signal. Will go back as and when i need a new one.

5.0 out of 5 stars item is priced right, 27 Mar. 2014
yes i like it becase of the size and how clear the screen is plus the make tom tom . regards fred.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 14 Mar. 2014
Brilliant product - just what i needed. It does everything that i had expected and i strongly recommend it. Perfect!

2.0 out of 5 stars BLACKBERRY USERS BEWARE!!, 22 Dec. 2013
A definite improvement on my old Tom Tom XL. The.main reason I upgraded was to get live traffic updates. In the small print on the box, it does say "via smart phone connection to the internet". That's the first problem. You will need 3G or 4g coverage and a reasonably priced data package. Then you will have to hope that any traffic jams do not occur in a 3G/4G black spot. But most annoyingly (shame on Tom Tom), the device WILL NOT TETHER TO A BLACKBERRY. only the Z10 is supported. This information is not shown on the packaging or in-device support menu. I spent hours trying to connect my BB 9900 and eventually found the above information on the Tom Tom support website. My advice? Save your money and buy a cheaper model, if you are a Blackberry user.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic little SatNav, 20 Dec. 2013
Neil Douglas (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOMTOM GO 400 EU (Electronics)
I was a little nervous about buying this having read reviews of people struggling to update it from the TomTom site and so on, but I have to say I have had absolutely no problems.
Also, some reviews complained about missing features - these seem to have been added, so for example you can plan trips that start somewhere other than you are.
To date I have no criticisms at all of the device. If I was to be picky I'd say searching for addresses is slow.
For those who complain you can't do house numbers have you tried house number, space, postcode? It works. So for instance 12 RH5 9QA
This model has an integrated mount, the next size up (500) has a separate mount. If I lost this I'd probably buy the next one up so I could leave the mount permanently on the windscreen, but its no big deal.

2.0 out of 5 stars Live services frequently unavailable, good when it works though, 12 Dec. 2013
Edit:
Posted to the TomTom forum

I've been using the Go 600 since just before Xmas (previous history Go Live, Nuivi & Mio) and have issues with the availability (or lack of) of the Live Traffic services which let's be honest if it wasn't for that, I for one would have kept the Garmin.

The problem for me is whenever the traffic is heavy (i.e. Xmas around the M25 belt) and you really need up to date traffic info is the time when the Live services never seems to connect. (phone is Galaxy S4 and shows as internet connected, just not to TomTom)

This could be a (O2) network jam but I don't think so as Google Traffic seems to work fine - I think TomTom's servers are overloaded and that is just unacceptable.

Worst still is that the Go 600 map display doesn't display the presence or absence of the connection to the services, so you have no idea whether the lack of delays en-route is real or not, ditto when calculating a route. This IMHO is just unforgiveable

Original review
Was on the verge of sending it back after trying & failing to get any of 3 laptops to recognize the unit?????

Rang Tom-Tom helpline and was pleasantly surprised at the quick answer - no listening for hours on end to 'how important my business is to us' on this call at least. They immediately sorted me out.

So tip for future purchases - do not try to connect to PC via the car mount, IT DOES NOT WORK!

Connect directly to the unit's micro USB port and it works fine

Question for Tom-Tom, what are all the pins for on the car mount??? it only seems to operate the charging circuits!!

In operation it works as well as the Go Live 825 before it, and like others I prefer the display layout and do not miss the bells & whistles left off this version.

5.0 out of 5 stars I just love it., 6 Nov. 2013
Having read other reviews I was a bit sceptical of buying this. After trying garmin and getting hacked off with its constant alerts, I'm back with TomTom. I Really like the new styling. The interface is simple and easy. What more do you need it to do, it does everything I ask. Pinch to zoom is great. I don't often write reviews but felt this was getting a bad press. I buy a new gps every year and this is the one I've been waiting for. Micro usb is also a bonus. It feels modern and a refreshing change.

2.0 out of 5 stars Small icons and text - disappointing, 31 Oct. 2013
I was disappointed.

I had to return this because it was difficult to see the small icons and text on the screen. The street names are difficult to read and too minimal. The time of/distance to arrival are very small and the speed icon and numbers are too small for me. It becomes dangerous for me if I'm concentrating on trying to read instead of driving.

In my opinion anyone who needs glasses for reading close-to will have the same problem. Previously I owned the Start 60 which I had no problem with. The only reason I changed was my laptop cracked the Start 60 screen in my bag, so I thought I'd try a newer version.

Yes, it is a departure in design from previous models, but most facilities you can adapt to when you learn how to use. I understand TomTom are trying to make devices easier to use, but I'm not that simple that I can't decide on options given to me on previous devices and I find it better to have these to customise to my personal needs.

It is especially disappointing to see I can't enter GPS latitude& longitude coordinates. I use these extensively to enter accurate positions.

I only used it half a day, after it took about 3 hours to update on a reasonably fast internet connection (6mbps), but it only took me that time I used it to realise it was not for me. I do miss the ability to select the options you find best.

However, there are some plus points - again, in my opinion:

The mounting system is excellent. The mount can stay on the windscreen and the unit fixes and removes from this very easily. If you want to leap out of the car for a break you can whip the device off and on in an instant. The unit is slim and looks and feels good quality (my Start 60 has an integrated mount, making it more difficult to remove and fix and more cumbersome to take with you). The power cable fits into the mount instead of the unit and in my car the USB adaptor/charger switches off when the ignition turns off, so you only have to take the unit off its mount when you leave the vehicle and snap it on when you return.

The sleep mode is good. The search facility is quick and I'm sure there are other improvements, if you keep it long enough to adapt to the changes.

TomTom support was excellent on answering my questions and understanding the model was not right for me. They advised me there was a Start Go 60 still available with lifetime maps and they happily transfer my Speed Camera subscription to my new device. Top marks TomTom.

IMPORTANT TIPS: If you have insurance for home contents and say you frequently use your TomTom as a handheld device(which I do overseas because phone roaming charges are expensive), it is covered as a handheld device. Less your excess of course. It isn't covered if you only use it in the car. Also as an aside, the Pocket Earth App for mobiles doesn't need data - you download maps before you go.

I hope this helps somebody. For me, the Start 60 is better to use, other than the bulky integrated mount and the thicker cable which is not very flexible. I will definitely look for another TomTom again when it's time to replace and commend their excellent customer support - yes, you can pick up the phone and talk to a real person with the ability to help you!

‹ Previous | 1 2 314 | Next ›