5.0 out of 5 stars Another fantastic three piece rock band
This album is fabulous and met all my expectations. Three brilliant pedigree musicians who know how to rock and have produced a stunning debut album. So reminiscent in musical genre to Badlands (only a four piece), rock with a bluesy edge. Stand out musician and surprise for me is Richie Kotzen who vocally and guitar wise delivers in bucket loads. Go buy this album if you...
Published 12 months ago by Haywain

3.0 out of 5 stars not that great
Excellent musicians but really get a proper singer, vocals are strained and forceful. A couple of good songs but I would not have bought it if I'd listen to previews. Still three stars as there is no denying the skills displayed.
Published 11 months ago by vibrato

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic rock band http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00CXQL828/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_5, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: Winery Dogs (Audio CD)
I now have 2 versions of the CD. This release and the Japanese release. They have the same number of tracks but there is one track different between them. I have listened to this CD every single day since I first got a copy. I was so impressed that I have bought tickets to see them in London although I live in Merseyside! The musicianship and the singing is first-class along with the songwriting.

I would describe this as a classic rock band somewhere between a cross of Coverdale/Hughes era Deep Purple, Free, Led Zeppelin. It is up there with the Black Country Communion albums

5.0 out of 5 stars This is awesome!!!, 28 July 2013
This review is from: Winery Dogs (Audio CD)
This is one of the best album I have heard in years, 3 musicians who have been at the top of their respective instruments for many years and it all seems to gel together perfectly. Although with the virtuoso styles of each member you never get the sense of them playing over the top they play exactly what the songs need. Don't get me wrong the technical ability on show here is just phenomenal I play bass myself and Billy Sheehan is just from another planet!! Mike Portnoy is as always incredible, the biggest surprise for me though is Richie Kotzen, even though i new he was a great guitarist what strikes me on this album is how powerful his vocal is his voice is just outstanding, very similar to Chris Cornell. His guitar playing is so unbelievably good mixing both technical ability, soul and feel in his playing it really blew me away. Its very rare for me to get excited about an album these days with so many boring bands out there but for me this a near perfect rock album there is not a bad song here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Aug 2014
This review is from: Winery Dogs (Audio CD)
My favourite album of this year (even if it came out last year, saw them live too, fantastic band!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 1 Aug 2014
This review is from: Winery Dogs (Audio CD)
Loved this cd, very good songs and fantastic playing .

3.0 out of 5 stars not that great, 3 Oct 2013
This review is from: The Winery Dogs (MP3 Download)

1.0 out of 5 stars please give the record a listen to before you buy..., 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Winery Dogs (Audio CD)
another one of mike portnoy's bands that he put together flailing from being booted out of dream theater. first of all this sounds promising billy sheehan and mike portnoy! richie kotzen i'm not familiar with. Now before i explain why i gave this album 1 star i will preface it by saying that obviously all three of these guys are great musicians.

Because they can play it's even more disappointing to here stock alt-rock riffs and these awful lyrics - for a band called the 'winery dogs' it's puzzling as to why their songs are all about sobriety and angels etc...

and the vocals such a pale imitation of chris cornell, it's been done and you're also over 20 years late to cash in on this style

I'm not sure who compared this to cream, I don't think cream ever wrote christian alt rock in the vein of "I'm no angel" this sounds nothing like 60's blues rock at all

please make sure you have a listen to this before buying because i really think the 130+ 5 star reviews are misleading and dishonest. Even if you like this record there is no way you could like that much.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Winery Dogs
Winery Dogs by Winery Dogs (Audio CD - 2013)