on 1 March 2014
MSI Z87-GD65 does come at a premium over the G45 but I don't regret paying the extra, for the money you get a rock solid board that is able to overclock with the best of them and looks the part too. The UEFI is easy to navigate and the click to bios is a god send.

Matched with a 4770K and a GTX 780 for gaming and video rendering you can't go wrong.
on 21 July 2014
This motherboard is very kool, the red and black theme is amazing, the board doesn't get hot and support high overclocks with ease. Would easily support a 5Ghz overclock in my opionon, I've got my 4770k at only 4.3Ghz on this board and use it for gaming. So many options on this board and the Killer LAN and Audio is a treat. The onboard graphics isn't that bad awell. This is well worth the money and would hight recommend one! Feels very solidly made.
on 24 January 2014
Got this this as part of my gaming build, and it doesn't dissappoint. Only thing I would say , is don't install all the utility applications it comes with, as their not windows friendly. Glad I looked into MSI,
on 3 January 2014
I really loved the way this MoBo is designed and hence bought it after reading so many reviews about its good OC and other features. But then after installing it so many problems with the existing windows. I had nearly 10 BSoDs a day with regular hangs and what not. Now after installing Windows 7 nearly 5 times afresh, i have given up. I could not think of reasons for all these errors and so many things that did not work. Sometimes the HDD would not be recognised, sometimes the OC genie just restarts the PC for no reason. Just before writing this review the PC went to sleep while working. Previously i had ASUS P7P55d-E Pro and it never had any of these probs. Now going with ASUS z87 PRO. This is going back.

Having returned this, i bought a ASUS z87 Pro and its just perfect. Has a lot more features and works better.
on 19 September 2014
Love this motherboard. Got all the features a gamer could ever want. Plenty of fan headers too which i loved has i had a Corsair H105 and 5 system fans. It's a good looking board too with its dashing red theme.

Can also say that's its durable and well built since the power supply i bought ended up breaking and failing on me and this board survived along with the rest of my rig (thankfully).

Overall if you're a gamer looking to build a gaming rig for yourself no need to go for a super expensive board this one is ideal.

This is the hardware im running on this board:

- Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.2Ghz
- 16GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz
- Corsair H105 Water Cooling
- Asus GeForce GTX 780
- Corsair AX 860W power supply (New power supply, the one that broke was the CX750W)
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 March 2016
Best motherboard I ever owned worth every penny. Msi made my gaming experience a whole lot better even with the inbuilt lag killer and overclocking boot button on the motherboard if need. But I haven't used it yet as I don't have the need to yet. thank you msi wish I had the money to buy more of your products. Had this over 3 years and still going strong
on 17 October 2013
I like this mobo a lot, does what it suppose to do, packed with many features in bios. the look is great! on the mobo you`v got buttons for on/off, restart, overclocking, overclocking mode, for more detail review I recommend to visit [...]
on 26 August 2014
Bought this for my first build. This board is unreal for games it give great performance. This bios are so easy to work with the mouse feature. Also the board looks AMAZINGGGG with the red dragon it goes well with my corsair vengeance ram.
on 13 September 2013
Its really nice I love it, the first boot is amazing I didn't think it would have as many led's as it has so that was a nice surprise. Fantastic looking very nice if you are going for a red colour scheme. It was a bit hard to find all of the headers but a little bit of time with the manual and that was that solved. Arrived on time and great packaging all in all very good.
on 20 December 2013
I coupled this with an i7-4770k processor and a Corsair H100i cooler... easy to setup! Easy to install, fantastic for the money