5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous Phablet or ,in my case, tablet!
Pretty well every review I have read about this product (and I've read a lot) has mentioned its astonishing size as a smartphone and gone on to discuss the pros and cons of that, compared with the size of any other smartphone the reviewer has previously owned.
Published 9 months ago by Mrs. Margaret Little

1.0 out of 5 stars Wake up TOPV.
The phone arrived within a few days, good.
The ultra-slim Userguide was in some foreign language.
A note from TOPV said that Samsung had stopped sending
Instruction Manuals with their phones for environmental reasons,
but I could email TOPV to have a copy of it sent to me as PDF attachment.
So I emailed TOPV at <topv@live.co.uk> on the...
Published 9 months ago by Declan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A marvellous Phablet or ,in my case, tablet!, 19 Sep 2013
Mrs. Margaret Little "Meg" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Samsung I9205 Galaxy Mega 6.3 inch 8GB Sim Free Smartphone - White (Electronics)
I'm coming from a different direction, as I happened upon the Samsung Galaxy Mega while I was looking for a lightweight tablet. In fact, when I first clapped eyes on it, that was what I thought it was - a lightweight (less than 200 grammes) and manageably sized tablet, which would (a) fit into my handbag and (b) get 3G internet access, if I were to feel the need of that (for instance, to find reviews of possible activities or purchases, or get a timetable or download a map) while I was away from home.
All the other tablets I'd been looking at previously were much heavier. Many did not offer 3G, because (of course) they weren't officially telephones, or if they did offer 3G it still seemed that one had to pay for a costly personal 3G contract to make access from them possible.
The Galaxy Mega I am able to run as an inexpensive "extra" linked to my home telephone service (with Virgin as it happens, 7 a month for 500 megabytes downloaded which, so far, is very much more than I need) and it functions magnificently as a tablet.
So far, it does everything I require. How successful it would be for me as a sole mobile phone, I am not sure. Personally, I am still using my tiny 25 Nokia for that - on pay-as-you-go, Virgin doesn't provide two services to one subscriber! - because that has the phone number everybody knows for me, and also because I don't think I would want to carry the Mega round all the time. It would, for one thing, be an expensive item to lose or get stolen - or, perish the thought, to sit down on after putting it into one's pocket!
But as a tablet, I can't fault it - though I shall of course need to buy extra memory for it, and up to 64GB is possible.
And, having been daunted by its price (540 sim-free) in the well-known electronics store where I originally came across it, I was of course absolutely delighted to come across it supplied by Amazon at not much over 300. As so often, thank you, Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 6 Dec 2013
I bought this for my daughter instead of the Samsung Note 3 as the note 3 was nearly twice the price.
It is just a little bit bigger than the note 3 and has much the same functionality.
She is really happy with it and very impressed with the design and usability, so that is all that counts.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love my item, 21 Sep 2013
Really, really happy with my decision to purchase this item. It is very glam and attractive - I've had so many comments and questions about it. People actually think I'm carry around an ipad mini, and my colleagues joke that it is my new 40 inch TV :) I know I sound like a crazy phone person, but I'm not at all.

It is an upgrade from my S3, so I found it simple to use...plus there are some new amazing features, which I like alot... :-)

It is quite a large phone, but still a very slim phone....I really like that it is so easy to find in my massive handbags, whereas my S3 would get lost and I'd always miss my calls.

I also like the large screen, as when I am looking at web pages, I have no need to scroll around so much to see the entire page.

It is well worth the buy!

5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Mega, 15 Sep 2013
Brilliant piece of kit, it may not have all the brilliant specs of the S4 but for the price it is absolutely great

5.0 out of 5 stars I love my mega, 12 April 2014
I am not technical but I love this phone. I use it for most things and turn on my laptop only when I want to create a document although that is possible on this wonderfully large phone as is printing.
And even though people think it's too big to use as a phone it isn't!
Now when I see my old phone next to it I wonder how I ever managed without my mega.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it:), 23 Mar 2014
Very nice. I love it's ;) nobody have in my area everybody say wow ;) easy to use. This my dream ;)

5.0 out of 5 stars wifes phone, 28 May 2014
D. Pickford (england) - See all my reviews
brought this for wife I owned one and like all Samsung products they are easy to use,and always top quality.can get spares
and if you have had Samsung products before you will work this.great screen size and looks good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellant phone, 23 Feb 2014
Excellent in every way.
Jus two small niggles- it comes with a lot of unwanted Samsung and Google Apps that cannot be uninstalled.
The screen is clear and bright but not really bright enough for use outdoors in sunlight like Nokia Lumia phones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 3 Dec 2013
Great phone, the screen is amazing for the quality , ok the size is big but it's very useful for emails and internet surfing,

The phone design is very slim, and the battery life is 2 days usage max, but I'm a heavy user, so will last longer ir your not.

It's future proof, as it allows 4g networks, the internal memory is only 8gb, but this is not a issue, as I the apps are only very small, but there is a expansion slot for micro ds up to 32gb,

Overall very happy with my purchase,

And would recommend this to anyone buying a smart phone

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality Product, 29 Oct 2013
Recieved on time and does everything expected, only problem was the instructions were all in french so was the phone settings which took a bit of frustration sorting out. After that though everything about the phone is good, I like a big phone to see the internet surfing I do and its great for that.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›