5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent car seat - highly recommended, 3 April 2014
A. Craven - See all my reviews
This review is from: Kiddy Phoenixfix Pro 2 Racing Black Colour (Baby Product)
The most significant thing that attracted me to this seat was a top rating on Which? 'Best Buy' awards, and at a price much lower than other equivalent seats we were very interested. After receiving it, we are more than happy to rate it as a 5* recommendation. Here's my reasons why;

- The integrated wedge design makes it very quick to strap my child into. Our seat gets passed around various family and friends covering for child care and they have all commented on how easy the wedge design is to use. It used the principle that during impact, the child is 'slowed down' rather than the sudden jolt you will get with a traditional 5 point harnesses - giving five times lower stresses on the body.

- The seat is light and easy to clip in and out using the Isofix connections. The safety rating is the the same when used with and without isofix.

- There is a handy strap on the rear of the wedge that we can strap my child's toys onto so they never get dropped.

- The covers are removeable and machine washable.

- My child has great freedom to see what is happening around, going by the amount of sleep she gets is extremely comfortable too.

- The seat has also been approved for use on aeroplanes, meaning there's no problem shipping a car seat separately ( maybe we will try that one in the summer..)

Every aspect of this seat works as well or better than expected and so I'm more than happy rate this and recommend it to my friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great child safety seat, 30 Oct 2014
This review is from: Kiddy Phoenixfix Pro 2 Racing Black Colour (Baby Product)
Great car seat recommended as Which? best buy. I bought it mainly for ease of use using the ISO fixing method. Very quick and easy to install/remove as required. Full instructions are supplied and worth reading. However these are a bit convoluted and you may find it easier to do a practical run-through in the car first, using common sense, and then checking that you've got it 100% right using the instructions as a check-list.

Was a bit concerned about the idea of the 'sheltf' which sits in front of junior but I now see the good sense of this. Apparently it is meant to better distribute the forces acting on the child in a collision. Which? tests find this a best buy for safety and I believe that will be so.

5.0 out of 5 stars ... hating the pad at the front but now he's happy with it, 10 Aug 2014
This review is from: Kiddy Phoenixfix Pro 2 Racing Black Colour (Baby Product)
The first few weeks were a challenge with the toddler hating the pad at the front but now he's happy with it. Really, I think he would have complained about any restraint. He sleeps easily in this car seat.

Kiddy Phoenixfix Pro 2 Racing Black Colour