on 6 January 2014
I thought I would add a review for this as it is a great bit of kit for a fiver. Plugged it into my Panasonic Viera 42 inch TV and it works a treat.

Good reception on all TV channels including HD. Just plug it into the aerial socket along with a vacant USB port and away you go.

I stuck mine as high up the wall as possible with supplied sticky back.

Well done.
on 21 November 2014
Im amazed this tiny £5.25 aerial is brilliant for me, it will depend on where you are in relation to the transmitter mast i live about 1.5 miles from a relay station which is considerably less powerful than a regional one, i use it in an upstairs bedroom which probably helps and i get 100% signal and quality, very happy with my purchase and I've bought 2 more.
on 8 March 2016
Not too surprised at the mixed reviews such aerials receive, since it basically comes down to how good or bad the reception is where you live. I mean, you do need to have a BIT of a signal to begin with before you then start to boost it!

If the TV signal is half-decent (even a quarter decent...) in your locality, then this should work.

If, however, your reception area is very poor, then an aerial of such a small size almost certainly won't do the job, and no amount of boosting will fix this. The reason for this is, as your signal becomes weaker and weaker, it will also be becoming more and more 'lost' in the background 'noise' - general electrical interference and even sounds from the 'Big Bang'! Really :-)

So, if you try and boost this weak signal, you will also be boosting all the carp that surrounds it. Ergo - you won't get a powerful CLEAN signal.

By it's very keenly-priced nature, this booster will almost certainly be a simple non-filtering device, so it'll boost the TV signal AND all the surround rubbish equally. You need to have the semblance of a usable signal to start with!

I bought this for use on an all-in-one PC (Packard Bell) which has a built-in Freeview tuner. I'd previously be using a small 'stick' aerial, and had to mount this at its max height and wiggle it around to get a half-stable picture.

I plugged in the little August 415, placed it casually on a shelf above my PC, connected up the booster to the PC's USB port (a wee light comes on to show it's powered), and - bosh - a PERFECT picture from the off.

I then took the aerial down to desk level and just lay it on the top facing no particular way - it still worked.

Finally I removed the booster and connected the aerial direct to my PC - this worked as long as the aerial was held reasonably high, but was reliable in this - far better than the old 'stick' aerial. Bringing it down and laying it on my desktop, the signal began to pixilate, but was still largely present (the old aerial had NO chance at anything other than near-ceiling height).

It's hard for me to describe what my reception area is like, but I did have to go for a sizeable and good-quality multi-element aerial fitted in my loft before I got reliable reception on my Samsung LCD TV, so it isn't particularly strong.

So, top marks to August for this little fellow. The booster is not in any way a gimmick - it DOES clearly 'boost'.

But, you do need a bit of a signal there to begin with - you cannot just boost 'noise' and expect a picture! And do bear in mind how small this aerial actually is.

For just over a £iver, this is GREAT value. It's well made, comes with all the cables you'll need, and will not get damaged easily.

Really impressed :-)
on 15 April 2015
Great reception for something so small, best indoor ariel I have bought,& I have tried a lot
on 4 May 2015
I knew I was taking a chance buying such a cheap aerial but I thought it's amplified so it should do something. I got zero channels on 2 different TV's. I had bought a window aerial which was amazing for 5 mins then cut out so I know it is possible to get a good signal where I live. I'm near a transmitter and can see for 20 miles. On top of this I am on the top floor and the aerial was placed on my window seat which is outside of the building as it overhangs and is supported by a bracket. Not sure there's any point in trying this as one 1 aerial I get every channel available (until it became faulty) yet with this I cannot even get 1 single channel on 2 TV's.
on 14 April 2014
I did't have much faith when buying this as I spent over £20 on my last aerial with so so results and only a fiver on this one, I was pleasantly surprised as it works perfectly even with hd channels.
on 18 April 2016
Excellent tv aerial at a fantastic price, small and unobtrusive and gives a great picture with my Samsung blu-ray HDD box. Picks up all the HD and SD channels and works a treat. I find it works best with my samsung box, I bought this one so my LG oled tv could get it's own signal but I get a lot of pixellation/interference with it when using the tv's own tuner and this aerial. When I find a good spot it gives a lovely clear picture and it definitely finds all the channels. I haven't tried using the the signal booster yet so this may improve things - I suspect the issue is the tuner on the tv is not as good as the one on my samsung box
on 2 April 2016
Took a gamble on this Ariel, but my goodness it has paid off. It is small and now takes pride of place stuck to my apartment window. I've been using sky for the past few years but have decided to switch to the inbuilt freeview HD on my LG TV. Here's the amazing bit, this Ariel picked up 146 TV channels including all HD available and 36 digital radio channels. I am more than impressed, to the point I have ordered another another one for my new motorhome.
on 22 June 2016
Works perfectly and boosted by USB - as most TVs have multiple USB sockets, this is ideal saving the need to use another electrical socket to power the amplifier. loss of one star due to the fragility of both the plastic aerial loops and the hanging tab. The hanging tab looks more like some disposable packaging as opposed to the product itself.
on 4 September 2014