4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, breathable , convertible summer trouser.
I bought four pairs of these Karrimor Aspen Convertible trousers (one pair of each colour) for my work.

I needed something lightweight and breathable to wear, whilst driving for long periods in a van with no aircon, these trousers meet most of my requirements as the nylon fabric is lightweight, breathable and quite tough too.

The sizing is pretty...
Published 13 months ago by White VanGoth

3.0 out of 5 stars Pockets
Nice Trousers. Dry quickly when wet. Zip off lowers practical. My only major winge is the pockets. Too shallow & on the right hand side the zipped & ordinary confuse!!
Published 23 days ago by Gary Pritchard

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight, breathable , convertible summer trouser., 6 July 2013
White VanGoth (Southeast England) - See all my reviews

The sizing is pretty much as I expected with the purchased Medium size being approximately a 32 inch waist (with elastic sides giving another inch or two max) and about 31/32" inside leg.

The fabric finish on the outer face is slightly "peached" so as to seem quite soft to touch.

The legs zip-off to give a perfectly good pair of shorts, unfortunately, I'm not permitted to wear shorts at work (Health and Safety!). The only minor negative point so far, and this may just be my preference, is the zips for the zip-off legs start unzipping from the back of the leg which means I cannot unzip the front area only - to gain extra ventilation whilst driving/sitting - but still leave the leg attached.

The suggested retail price of GBP39.99 is ridiculous. Whilst the trousers are well-enough made and the fit is good, the general quality and material specification is not in the forty-pound bracket. There are other trousers available for less than thirty-pounds with a higher-spec. I would be surprised if these trousers were ever sold at much above twenty-five pounds. The price here at GBP16.00 (July 2013) is however, good value.

The product washes well at 40c and dries quickly too. Whilst being nylon, it does look a little bit crinkley after washing, I think for the summer months it doesn't look out of place.

In summary, a good basic (no proofing or SPF fabric treatments) summer convertible trouser at a good price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bargain price convertibles, 18 Aug 2013
Hawfinch - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
These appear to be the cheapest full length convertible trousers on Amazon. They're not up to the quality of the Craghoppers Kiwi Pro Stretch Convertibles (which I also have) but they're certainly adequate for summer use, and are great value at the current price of 16.

The material is very light and thin, like running shorts. They provide little protection against cold, and are not waterproof, though they seem to have slight water resistance. I wore them while river kayaking and the occasional splashes from the paddle either beaded and ran off or evaporated quickly. On another occasion I got caught in a downpour and the trousers were soaked, but when the rain stopped and the sun came out they were bone dry in about five minutes.

The zipped-off legs can be stuffed in the cargo pocket on the right thigh. There are also two hip pockets, a zip-up secure pocket on the right, and two velcro fastened pockets at the rear. The zips that attach the leg sections are protected by cloth flaps inside and out. There's a slight chafing from the join with the legs attached, though I stopped noticing it after a while.

The waistband has elasticated segments, which give a lot of comfort space for tucking in vests and shirts. The cut is quite baggy in the legs and rump and not at all stylish. The Craghoppers that I mentioned above are less stretchy in the waist but have a more flattering cut and could almost be mistaken for straight leg chinos. They're probably a better choice for the fashion conscious backpacker.

For stomping through the countryside, however, these Karrimors will do just fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good walking trousers, 15 Aug 2014
I bought these already owning a pair. I use them walking in humid tropical countries where I find they are cool even though the fabric is synthetic. The top pockets are not as deep as I would like and could be easy to pick pocket but there is a zip-up pocket that can be used. The conversion to shorts is easy and welcome and the joint does not look overly obvious nor does it rub. The 'belt' is a rather useless thin nylon strap that I hardly ever use. However, if one was walking in the wilderness and needed a waterproof belt to keep them up....I find they stay up just fine without it (size 36) unless I weigh down the pockets. There may be better quality convertible trousers out there but I like these at the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 29 July 2014
These have quickly become my favourite trekking pants for summer. My Kiwis (the previous favourites) are great in cooler weather but relatively heavy. My only quibble is the pockets are a bit shallow, and I miss the mobile phone pocket inside the cargo pocket that I have on the Kiwis. Having zip off legs not only allows me to convert the trousers to shorts, but also means that if they get muddy at the bottom I can just wash the zip of bits. Great for long distance trekking!

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for my requirements., 31 July 2014
Perfect just what I was looking for. They are a lighter weight than I thought they might be, which is a good thing, as I wanted very light weight trousers. Size was good I ordered XL I have a 39" waist and a 31" leg. I might have to shorten the legs by an inch, better too long than too short though. The elasticated waist band would accommodate an inch or two more. However the belt would not extend to any more than 36", but I didn't need it anyway..

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice style, 25 Jun 2014
Good quality trousers, and look smart my only gripe is that the cut is on the small side. Would have preferred slightly more rom

4.0 out of 5 stars trousers, 23 Jun 2014
Good quality and fit well. Value for money.
Would recommend and ideal for holidays.
Zipped to change into shorts if weather changes good idea.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fit, 3 Jun 2014
Ordered because of broken leg, zip off leg just perfect for wearing with a cast and easy to put on and off

5.0 out of 5 stars Good comfortable product at a great price., 12 Mar 2014
These walking trousers are very good for the price. They are quite lightweight and thus don't get too hot and sweaty, even when wearing full length, whilst still giving protection against the cold wind.

There are only a couple of gripes with these. Firstly there is only one lower side pocket on the trouser leg, I would have expected one either side.

Secondly, when having unzipped the trouser sections to make them into shorts, there are no markings to identify which leg should be reattached to the trousers. Other makes have a red and green stitching on the zip and leg part. (I had to stich in my own colour of stitching!)

Other than these minor gripes, I am quite happy with these trousers. They are comfortable to wear, good value, and are a good length.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delighted, 17 Feb 2014
Very pleased with these, extremely lightweight and comfortable. Elasticated waist means ideal for fishing and sitting around for long periods....