5.0 out of 5 stars No problems so far
I got this drive back in Feb 2014 so it's pretty much done a year of work and I've not had any issues with the device so far.

Published 2 months ago by SpadeAX

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Fast but very unreliable
Published 16 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Fast but very unreliable, 13 Dec. 2013
Amazon Customer (Paignton, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was very impressed but the reviews for this unit, and despite there being stories of it being a bit flaky, I decided to buy one for my Dell XPS i7 laptop. On the second day it stopped working, Being the eternal optimist I put this down to bad luck, after all stuff happens, so I sent it back, and was eventually sent a replacement. This one has done better, it has lasted two months before failing.

Now I don't like reading negative reviews, written in anger, or that do not paint a fair picture. So here is the balance. If you get one that is reliable, these drives are very very fast, I mean REALLY quick. It transformed my Dell XPS i7 from a stodgy old workhorse into a thoroughbred racing stallion, Office loaded so fast the splash screen was just a flicker. The downside is that while clearly I've been a bit unlucky, I'm obviously not the only one. Also when these drives do go down they take your data with them, I ran a data recovery program and was unable to retrieve anything at all.

My objective conclusion, having given this product the benefit of the doubt twice, is that the benefits simply don't outweigh the risks. I'm sorry but my honest advice, without rancour, is avoid this product like the plague and find a more reliable brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased two of these - both of which failed, 31 Oct. 2013
This review is from: OCZ VTX450-25SAT3-128G Vertex 450 128GB 7mm 2.5 inch SATA 3.0 Internal Solid State Drive (Personal Computers)
I had heard bad things about OCZ in the past, but assumed these problems (mainly with firmware I think) had been sorted out long ago.
So I bought 2 of the 128GB Vertex 450 SSD's on the basis of their performance. The 1st never worked properly and failed completely after about 2 days.
The other one has just failed about 3 weeks after purchase.
I will never touch OCZ again for SSD's.

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, 9 Dec. 2013
I bought this drive back in August - worked fine until it failed after 3 months of not really heavy use. I'm getting now a replacement (a refurbished one). If I could also add that OCZ aftersales experience was rather poor as they didn't process my RMA for over a week (due "UK hub being closed") and now will have to wait for new drive to arrive from Taiwan (another extra days of delay). So not really happy about this purchase to be honest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 9 Dec. 2013
Junk drive from a rubbish company. Mine died after I'd installed everything on it. Took OCZ a month to acknowledge and weeks to replace (stall not received the replacement)

Junk drive and awful service from a rubbish company

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 17 July 2014
Very unreliable. I bought 15 of these drives to replace spinners in a small network of mac minis. So they just have the OS and apps for fast boot and open. Data is saved on 90TB server. Two drives have failed within 1 year, 1 failed with in 10mins of installation. I would not recommend this product until reliability is improved. 15% failure rate is unacceptable. Sorry OCZ I have moved to another manufacturer now. RMA via OCZ was fast and easy though.

I also used two as pair of scratch discs for audio video recording not in RAID. As with most SSDs, performance degrades over time especially with high volume data like video recording, I think this is to do with data compression. On this particular model, I was able to record 5 mins of uncompressed HD 8bit 1080p video before it started to drop frames. Needs around 95MB/sec of space. Reading was fine, writing after 6 minutes dropped well below 90MB/sec and recording had to be stopped.

1.0 out of 5 stars Drive failed after a few months... and warranties apply only to the original purchaser., 4 Feb. 2015
Alison Scott (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Well, obviously I'm writing because my drive has failed. These drives are advertised as having a 3-year warranty, and this one has failed completely, with no warning, after about 10 months of light use (in a Mac Mini that's used as a TV server). But because I didn't buy the drive directly from OCZ, but with my machine from a third-party seller, I don't have access to the warranty which is original purchaser only.

Moreover, the OCZ support and drive diagnostic tools are very rudimentary; you will not be able to recover your disk to reformat it after a failure (and although that might sound unlikely, many people report simple power cycling has this effect with other brands of drive because they have self-repair routines). Not OCZ though.

If you do buy this drive, or indeed any other drive from OCZ, keep your documentation close to hand for the full warranty duration.

1.0 out of 5 stars Most unreliable piece of kit I've bought in 30 years ..., 29 Oct. 2014
Most unreliable piece of kit I've bought in 30 years! I've gone through 4 since my first purchase 9 months ago, all returned to Amazon and replaced. They last a few months then I get disk issues with Windows and within a few weeks the drive won't boot. Never buying this model again, I've heard that OCZ quality has improved but the jury is still out for me.

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems so far, 11 Feb. 2015

I regularly get R/W speeds about 450mb/s without fail, and it's under quite a lot of use as it's used to store raw video captured from a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card (For those who have this card will know how big the video files are)

It's aided with two 500GB drives which are general storage (Steam games, rendered videos etc), and my OS is located on the SSD.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop improvement, 15 May 2014
Recently I had a laptop's hdd die on me, so I wanted to look down the SSD (solid state drive) route.
After a bit of research I chose on this one and purchased it.
Great drive, arrived nice and early too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fast!, 28 Mar. 2014
Great product.Really fast! Is a very high quality object.The computer turn on three time faster and the applications 5 times faster.