5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop improvement
Recently I had a laptop's hdd die on me, so I wanted to look down the SSD (solid state drive) route.
After a bit of research I chose on this one and purchased it.
Great drive, arrived nice and early too.
Published 4 months ago by Brendon Prigmore

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased two of these - both of which failed
I had heard bad things about OCZ in the past, but assumed these problems (mainly with firmware I think) had been sorted out long ago.
So I bought 2 of the 128GB Vertex 450 SSD's on the basis of their performance. The 1st never worked properly and failed completely after about 2 days.
The other one has just failed about 3 weeks after purchase.
I will never...
Published 10 months ago by J. How

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased two of these - both of which failed, 31 Oct 2013
J. How "Justin" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: OCZ VTX450-25SAT3-128G Vertex 450 128GB 7mm 2.5 inch SATA 3.0 Internal Solid State Drive (Personal Computers)
The other one has just failed about 3 weeks after purchase.
I will never touch OCZ again for SSD's.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Fast but very unreliable, 13 Dec 2013
P D Jameson (Paignton, Devon United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
I was very impressed but the reviews for this unit, and despite there being stories of it being a bit flaky, I decided to buy one for my Dell XPS i7 laptop. On the second day it stopped working, Being the eternal optimist I put this down to bad luck, after all stuff happens, so I sent it back, and was eventually sent a replacement. This one has done better, it has lasted two months before failing.

Now I don't like reading negative reviews, written in anger, or that do not paint a fair picture. So here is the balance. If you get one that is reliable, these drives are very very fast, I mean REALLY quick. It transformed my Dell XPS i7 from a stodgy old workhorse into a thoroughbred racing stallion, Office loaded so fast the splash screen was just a flicker. The downside is that while clearly I've been a bit unlucky, I'm obviously not the only one. Also when these drives do go down they take your data with them, I ran a data recovery program and was unable to retrieve anything at all.

My objective conclusion, having given this product the benefit of the doubt twice, is that the benefits simply don't outweigh the risks. I'm sorry but my honest advice, without rancour, is avoid this product like the plague and find a more reliable brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, 9 Dec 2013
I bought this drive back in August - worked fine until it failed after 3 months of not really heavy use. I'm getting now a replacement (a refurbished one). If I could also add that OCZ aftersales experience was rather poor as they didn't process my RMA for over a week (due "UK hub being closed") and now will have to wait for new drive to arrive from Taiwan (another extra days of delay). So not really happy about this purchase to be honest.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, 9 Dec 2013
Junk drive from a rubbish company. Mine died after I'd installed everything on it. Took OCZ a month to acknowledge and weeks to replace (stall not received the replacement)

Junk drive and awful service from a rubbish company

1.0 out of 5 stars Beware!, 17 July 2014
Very unreliable. I bought 15 of these drives to replace spinners in a small network of mac minis. So they just have the OS and apps for fast boot and open. Data is saved on 90TB server. Two drives have failed within 1 year, 1 failed with in 10mins of installation. I would not recommend this product until reliability is improved. 15% failure rate is unacceptable. Sorry OCZ I have moved to another manufacturer now. RMA via OCZ was fast and easy though.

I also used two as pair of scratch discs for audio video recording not in RAID. As with most SSDs, performance degrades over time especially with high volume data like video recording, I think this is to do with data compression. On this particular model, I was able to record 5 mins of uncompressed HD 8bit 1080p video before it started to drop frames. Needs around 95MB/sec of space. Reading was fine, writing after 6 minutes dropped well below 90MB/sec and recording had to be stopped.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laptop improvement, 15 May 2014
After a bit of research I chose on this one and purchased it.
Great drive, arrived nice and early too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really fast!, 28 Mar 2014
Great product.Really fast! Is a very high quality object.The computer turn on three time faster and the applications 5 times faster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast very fast, 16 Dec 2013
I followed the installation guide helped by some youtube videos and it is pretty straight forward to get it done.
once you turn on your laptop immediately you realice how fast is your laptop now

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb drive, 17 Sep 2013
I have been using this device for a couple of months and have been very impressed. I use it on a desktop custom build and so far there have been no problems. I bought it to replace a OCZ Revodrive which seems to have a high failure rate (3/4 owned have now died) but I decided to keep faith with OCZ. I will probably buy another one for use with another build.

1.0 out of 5 stars Warning - OCZ on verge of bankruptcy. Warranties worthless???, 28 Nov 2013
Amazon Customer (Suffolk, England) - See all my reviews
This is not a comment on the performance of the drive per se but buyers should be aware that OCZ are on the verge of filing for bankruptcy, which could mean that if your drive fails you won't receive any protection under the warranty or any customer support.