3.6 out of 5 stars1,207

on 30 December 2013
The problem I have with this is that there are the odd occasions where it seems to freeze and the only way to get out of it is to 'skip' on the tabs. It doesn't happen every time but can be prone to hiccups. The game itself is easy to use. My wife and I played the pass to a friend set up which was good (just make sure she doesn't get to pick your name first). I don't do Facebook but it would be nice if there was a way to play between two people in the same house with two kindles without having to sign up to Facebook or something similar. If there is a way then please tell me. No freeze issues in this mode. When playing against the computer it is really annoying when they come up with the most bizarre words and there is no way of checking the definition which would be handy. In the pass to friend mode the teacher element is good as it tells you what you could have done but it takes a long time when you just really want to get on with the game. Overall, it is a smashing game. Iron the bugs out and it will be first rate.
on 31 December 2013
As a lover of this game I decided to go for this app on my new Kindle fire... however I do not like it for the following reasons:
1. It gives words when playing against the computer that do not appear in my dictionary and make no sense.
2. It sometimes freezes on me at the end of a game and I then need to reboot my Kindle

I would not recommend this version of scrabble.
11 comment|70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2013
The game is good while it is running (I really love the list of two letter words!) But it regularly crashes at the end of the game and you have to reinstall each time - I've had the game two days and had to reinstall about five times already.
on 30 December 2013
Like others have said, there are problems with kindle version of scrabble app. The game initially is fine, but after a few turns, errors in play begin. Then it freezes.. I've only managed to complete one game successfully. I love this app on IPhone, it's brilliant....so PLEASE SORT IT OUT FOR THE KINDLE!!!!!!!
Whilst I love playing Scrabble, and play it regularly on Facebook and in real life; I am finding this game rather frustrating as it keeps freezing on my Kindle Fire. I don't want to press 'skip' as another reviewer suggests, for fear that i would lose a turn; and so I have to come out of the game, returning to it later on.

I also find the know-it-all teacher rather frustrating. however good your word is, they 'could do better' - even if you are holding back your prime counters for a better score; they want to use it NOW!

Not the best app overall. I prefer a free version of Scrabble - Lulo Apps Classic Words Free
11 comment|68 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 30 June 2013
Scrabble's a great game and I do enjoy this but it freezes frequently. Means I have to abandon game temporarily and keep checking back in until such time as it decides (on some arbitrary basis) to get going again. VERY annoying and not at all what you'd expect for something in this sort of price range. For goodness sake EA, get it fixed!
11 comment|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 August 2013
Mega frustration when playing against computer when it always wins by non dictionary words and abbreviations, for example maulvi ,oe ,busti,unsainised, are words not found in 3 variants of UK English dictionaries that I checked

ALSO you are often issued such a poor selection of letters that you are forced to exchange them and lose a turn.

ALSO the computer plays the high value ZQXJWF letters many more times than you get issued with them

This always frustrates your ability to maximise your play with your full intelligence.

Keith Harris Devon England UK
on 3 July 2013
I HATE THIS GAME.REPEATEDLY USES WORDS NEVER IN ANY DICTIONARY AND NO POSSIBILITY OF A CHALLENGE.REFUSES WELL KNOWN WORDS SUCH AS RID
22 comments|47 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2013
I was very excited when this arrived on my Kindle. but how soon I was disappointed. I started two games. One disappeared from view straightaway. The other - every time I try to get into it, I get a message saying "Loading" which goes on for ever and never actually arrives. Ni idea what to do about this as there is no help offered. Waste of money
on 18 June 2013
I really like scrabble and when this worked it was ok but nearly drove Mr crazy because it kept freezing. Wasted three pounds !!!!