4.0 out of 5 stars Some hiccups but a great game.
Published 15 months ago by samandalinoz

2.0 out of 5 stars unreliable
As a lover of this game I decided to go for this app on my new Kindle fire... however I do not like it for the following reasons:
1. It gives words when playing against the computer that do not appear in my dictionary and make no sense.
2. It sometimes freezes on me at the end of a game and I then need to reboot my Kindle

I would not recommend this...
Published 15 months ago by Kindle Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars unreliable, 31 Dec. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)

I would not recommend this version of scrabble.

4.0 out of 5 stars Some hiccups but a great game., 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
The problem I have with this is that there are the odd occasions where it seems to freeze and the only way to get out of it is to 'skip' on the tabs. It doesn't happen every time but can be prone to hiccups. The game itself is easy to use. My wife and I played the pass to a friend set up which was good (just make sure she doesn't get to pick your name first). I don't do Facebook but it would be nice if there was a way to play between two people in the same house with two kindles without having to sign up to Facebook or something similar. If there is a way then please tell me. No freeze issues in this mode. When playing against the computer it is really annoying when they come up with the most bizarre words and there is no way of checking the definition which would be handy. In the pass to friend mode the teacher element is good as it tells you what you could have done but it takes a long time when you just really want to get on with the game. Overall, it is a smashing game. Iron the bugs out and it will be first rate.

2.0 out of 5 stars would be good if it didn't crash!, 24 Dec. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
The game is good while it is running (I really love the list of two letter words!) But it regularly crashes at the end of the game and you have to reinstall each time - I've had the game two days and had to reinstall about five times already.

1.0 out of 5 stars Freezes..., 30 Dec. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Like others have said, there are problems with kindle version of scrabble app. The game initially is fine, but after a few turns, errors in play begin. Then it freezes.. I've only managed to complete one game successfully. I love this app on IPhone, it's brilliant....so PLEASE SORT IT OUT FOR THE KINDLE!!!!!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Frustrating freezes!, 28 July 2013
E. Heckingbottom "elaineheck143" (U.K.) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Whilst I love playing Scrabble, and play it regularly on Facebook and in real life; I am finding this game rather frustrating as it keeps freezing on my Kindle Fire. I don't want to press 'skip' as another reviewer suggests, for fear that i would lose a turn; and so I have to come out of the game, returning to it later on.

I also find the know-it-all teacher rather frustrating. however good your word is, they 'could do better' - even if you are holding back your prime counters for a better score; they want to use it NOW!

Not the best app overall. I prefer a free version of Scrabble - Lulo Apps Classic Words Free

2.0 out of 5 stars Fine, but ..., 30 Jun. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Scrabble's a great game and I do enjoy this but it freezes frequently. Means I have to abandon game temporarily and keep checking back in until such time as it decides (on some arbitrary basis) to get going again. VERY annoying and not at all what you'd expect for something in this sort of price range. For goodness sake EA, get it fixed!

2.0 out of 5 stars cheater teacher computer., 15 Aug. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Mega frustration when playing against computer when it always wins by non dictionary words and abbreviations, for example maulvi ,oe ,busti,unsainised, are words not found in 3 variants of UK English dictionaries that I checked

ALSO you are often issued such a poor selection of letters that you are forced to exchange them and lose a turn.

ALSO the computer plays the high value ZQXJWF letters many more times than you get issued with them

This always frustrates your ability to maximise your play with your full intelligence.

Keith Harris Devon England UK

1.0 out of 5 stars Love the game but DOES NOT WORK, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Just bought my kindle fire HDX 8.9 downloaded scramble to find it loads upside down, will not rotate and does not fit on screen. Cannot click on any settings either. Contacted May day took me through different things removed it, downloaded it, updated device same outcome.

Spoke to May day again a few days later told my issue is with the developer. So a paid app that does not work, a real shame because I love the game so only one star because it makes you give that!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
Very difficult to get it to work and locks quite frequently. Would be good if it worked properly. Not good

2.0 out of 5 stars not so great, 13 Jan. 2014
This review is from: SCRABBLE (App)
As much as I like playing scrabble, this is not a good version. Firstly, it's virtually impossible to play a real opponent, unless you use the pass and play. Secondly, the teacher is annoying and rather depressing in the long run: it gets really boring hearing you can do better every time.
Finally, it makes up words! I have been playing the advanced version against the computer and checking the words it uses on the scrabble checker I also downloaded. It's amazing how many of the high scoring words do not exist. Not much fun.

SCRABBLE