5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT COLLECTIONI WOULD GIVE IT 10 STARS IF I COULD...!
I had been browsing through Jillian Michaels' videos for some time before I made up my mind to purchase this boxed set. I am very keen on fitness and, having 3 young children and working full-time, there is no way I can even start to think about hitting the gym. Therefore, I own a very well-stocked fitness collection of about 60 DVDs, some of them going as far back as the...
Published on 13 Jan 2012 by Nuria

2.0 out of 5 stars Heavy n Dry - most people are not likely to stick with it...
I own many titles on home fitness, and many of them have transformed my (body/life - read as you will). I have a bone to pick with Michaels: yes, the exercises are tough and effective, however the workouts are no fun at all! Unless you possess military discipline, you will quickly abandon this set. And isn't the usefulness of such a product measured primarily by how often...
Published 3 months ago by x iLeon

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Love this Women, 22 Mar 2013
Samantha (Stoke on Trent, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Love these DVD's. If you like a strict style trainer Jillian Michaels is for you. Unfortunately I have not stuck to the regimes as I prefer to go the gym, but I use the workouts when I can't get there and I have used some of the exercises with the weights in the gym.
Happy workouts :)

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE this collection, 23 July 2012
This is a very well thought out collection and hats of to Jillian for an excellent array of butt kicking workouts in a top value boxset. This boxset was the first Jillian Michaels DVDs I got and after trying these out and I immediately went and purchased the 2 DVD boxset with Ripped in 30 and Killer Buns and Thighs. Basically anything from Jillian is going to good.

30 Day Shred is an excellent all rounder which works every part of you. There are 3 levels on the DVD and each level is about 25 minutes long. There is a short warm up with 'dynamic' stretches, then three 6 minute circuits made up of 3 minutes strength work, 2 minutes cardio and 1 minute abs, then a short cool down/stretch. Each circuit works the whole body and the cardio moves are short, snappy and interesting. Jillian doesn't give you any breaks in this due to the short length of time so don't be fooled into thinking because it's only 25 minutes long it will be easy!

Banish Fat Boost Metabolism isn't for faint hearted! This is a longer workout, about 55 minutes long. It is made of a warm up, six 6 minute circuits and a cool down. The circuits aren't the '3,2,1' sort although each circuit seems to focus on something different to keep it interesting. There is a killer core circuit in there! This workout is mostly cardio. Obviously, in doing the moves you will be conditioning your limbs in some ingenious way as is Jillian's way, but there are no weights involved or any slow strength moves. You're leaping about pretty much for the whole 45 minutes. I was gasping for air at the end and wasn't breathing normally again until well after my protein shake AND my shower. This DVD will REALLY burn the fat.

No More Trouble Zones is almost the exact opposite to BFBM. There's not much cardio in here at all and it's all conditioning and strength moves. It's the same length of time with the same make up of circuits, just a differet feel. I think these two compliment each other perfectly. BFBM burns off the fat and this DVD tones you up in every which way concievable. If you alternated between these two you can't really go wrong.

Six Week Six Pack - this one is a real toughy! In fact, this is the hardest workout I think I have right now. All my other workouts are tough because you get a bit knackered and you start to ache but you gamely continue whilst puffing and panting away. I can't physically do some of the moves in 6W6P! This works your abs in a way which isn't obvious. There are no crunches in here! It is a mix of standing cardio and kicks and matt work. There are also a lot of leg raises both standing and lying down to work the lower part of the abs. The move I can't seem to do is the side plank. I can do it on my elbow and feet but Jillian does it on her hand and feet. My arms and wrists just aren't strong enough for this! The moves are quite fast paced, especially during the second run through so I found it took me so long to shoe-horn myself into poistion they'd moved on to something else. However, don't read this as a failing on the part of the DVD, this means I need to do this one more often to whip myself into shape. The day after I felt how much it had actually worked me so I shall persevere and try to get up to Jillian's standards! Everyone can do crunches so Jillian is bringing something more challenging to the table with this one.

This boxset is fantastic value for money with the quality of workouts in here. It caters for all levels and will work every part of you. I can't reccommend this boxset enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars Evil, 26 Jun 2012
Jillian michaels is one of the toughest trainers in the world,you will definately feel it the next day, she is amazing. It is such fun to do just because you can feel yourself losing the weight and the inches. All four discs are brilliant. Such an amzing buy. You can choose which disc you want depending on the time you have and the area you want to improve. Plus the discs arrived the day before the estimated delivery, brilliant !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this collection!, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - The Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Buy this DVD! Honestly if you are where I was 5 months ago and considering starting the 30 day shred save yourself some money and buy this. After finishing the Shred you will be hooked and you will buy all these other workouts (like I have done). My weekly exercise program is now, Saturday BFBM, Sunday NMTZ, Monday through Thursday a level of Shred or 6W6P, Friday rest day! This has me in the best shape of my life despite being in my 40's and I've lost 20lb! Yes it is hard and you will sweat loads but Jillian will encourage you ever step of the way and it always seams like she is in the room with you.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not sure what fitness DVD to get?, 20 Mar 2012
I have been wanting a fitness DVD but was not sure which one to get. There are so many on the market! I am a fan of Jillian Michaels from watching the Biggest Loser USA so decided to look at her DVDs. This set is excellent because it includes 4 different DVDs for the price of 1. It's definitely worth it's money! I have been using the 30 day shred which is excellent. You can always fit 20 minutes of workout into your day and it includes different exercises. There 3 different levels. I'm unfit and on level 1 but I get through it knowing I've had a proper workout and wanting to go back (unlike other workouts which are too hard and you give up.) Jillian talks to you throughout which is great and she knows when you'll start to lag behind and encourage you to keep going. Her DVDs use a circuit programme so your body is constantly challenged. Her other DVDs have 6 minute circuits and you can put these together as you wish or do the 1 hour fitness routine. I think she is amazing and so are her workouts and would recommend anyone to buy the DVDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best £18 I ever spent, 7 July 2012
I needed an effective routine to do at home over the school holidays when I can't get to the gym. Having read lots of the reviews of this box set I was a little intimidated, but having had a personal trainer in the past I thought I could handle it. I've tried all the DVDs so far except the six week six pack. I can do all the level ones but they are challenging as I am trying to lose baby weight, however the circuit sections are just the right length. I love circuit training as it constantly changes so isn't boring and it gets really fast results. I have done 5 workouts in the last 7 days (2x 20 min and 3x 40 min) and I have gone down 2 notches on my belt already. I feel stronger and have more energy after just a week so I have high hopes for the next 2 months! I like Jillian, I had never seen Biggest Loser but I like her style. Don't bother with the bonus section on lifestyle tips though!

Highly recommended for variety and choice of shorter or longer routines that are progressive. You can really feel it working!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant dvd collection, 25 Sep 2014
This review is from: Jillian Michaels - The Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant dvd collection, it's really hard work but the results are worth it. I am currently on level 2 of 30 day shred and I have noticed a huge difference with my strength,stamina and abs. I have tried the other dvds one day out of the week and doing 30 day shred 3 other days per week depending on how much time I have. Gillian is really encouraging and explains all the moves clearly, there is also an option on the dvds to play the workout with just music and no instruction from Gillian for when you either no longer need instructions or you get bored listening to the instructions. Would recommended to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick Results within Weeks - Brilliant Buy!!!, 27 Feb 2012
Iam a mum of 2 under 5 year olds and have no time or desire to leave the house to go to the gym once the kids are in bed. I've maintained my fitness through Davinas DVDs and the Wii but recently I wanted that extra push and felt the excerising I was doing wasnt giving me the results I wanted - everything still jiggled.
So I looked up Amazon and found this - I got the box set as I am and always will, keep my huffing and puffing to the front room and it means I can vary the workout. I'am currently into my third week of the 30 Day Shred (did 5 sessions week 1 and 4 session week 2) and although I didnt set out to lose weight(just wanted to firm up) I've lost 4lbs and this is without dieting and with 3 birthday parties and an girls night out - not bad!!!
At the weekends I do one of the longer more intense DVDs.

The 30 Day shred is great - you zip through it sweating buckets and generally wishing it was over. Iam starting level 3 tonight. As a busy mum, I love thats its only 20mins although I do need to do a little more stretching on my own afterwards as the cool down section is very quick. The pace is fast, so fast you have to stop the DVD for a sip of water and Jillian instructs you in a plain, matter of fact way - this is a welcome relief, as sometimes I found Davinas DVDs to have too much chat in them.

I did No More Trouble Zones yesterday and that worked out just about every muscle in my body, you still sweat buckets though its low in cardio - I hated some of it though it really works and as Jillian says you'll hate it when your doing it though love it when its over.

I've also completed BFBM though only once which got the heart pounding - although its longer I felt it was on par with the 30 day shred.

I have watched but not done the 6 pack workout- looks like another one I might hate though love the results.

On the Weightloss - you generally modify your eating habits and in my case cut back on the wine drinking as you know you will be jumping about for 20 mins, there is nothing nice about plank thrusts when you eaten too much even if it was hours ago. Though, if you have an event in mind this box set will help you achieve the figure you want with alot of effort and hard work from you- if I was to recommend one it would be 30 day shred though this might get repetitive after a while.

Overall result for me, is a firmer figure even after 2 weeks- Iam really glad I purchased this boxset and would highly recommended it to all

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Satisfied, 25 Mar 2012
I maybe an unusual customer for this type of product because I'm male. I'd recently quit my gym because it was becoming over crowded - I'd been doing BodyPump, Spinning and other tough aerobic classes 6 times a week for 7 years, so my physical fitness level was excellent. After greed got the better of the gym owner and he started taking in more members than could possibly take part in the classes, I quit and decided to train at home. Despite having all the necessary equipment at home, I was too lazy to do much without an instructor telling me what to do. So, I decided to try some fitness DVDs. I was doubtful I'd find anything to match my fitness level but I was pleasantly surprised by how tough some of Jillian Micheals' The Collection workouts are. I assume the programs are intended for women but by using heavier weights (and using extra weight when Jillian and the girls are using only their body weight), I get a real kick ass workout. When buying the collection of DVDs you will find suitable workouts for beginners too with plenty more tougher ones to move up to as your fitness level improves. The workouts can easily be adapted for a wide range of fitness levels by using lighter or heavier weights and Jillian often gives modified versions of the exercise for beginners. I would advise you to get The Collection rather than individual DVDs as it is excellent value for money and will give you enough variety to exercise at home for years.

5.0 out of 5 stars 30 Day Shred works, 4 Feb 2012
I bought the set after reading some reviews on Amazon and the first dvd I've tried was the 30 Day Shred. And it really works - if you read somewhere that it hurts and makes you scream - it is all true. I couldn't believe it, but even though I am not a total beginner I was struggling to keep up with all exercises. You will need set of dumbbells but I do strongly recommend that you start with the lightest ones for a couple of days. But the routines prepared by Jillian really give you the results - after one week I could already see change in my arms and my stomach looked a bit flatter too. There are 3 levels, 20 mins each and I have never thought that you can be sweating and grasping for air after only 20 minutes. Well, you can. But at the end it is all worth it as you will feel stronger and slimmer. Of course, good healthy diet is also important. I will finish 30ds in a few days and cannot wait to move on to another dvd. I do recommend it to everyone.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

Jillian Michaels - The Collection [DVD]
Jillian Michaels - The Collection [DVD] by Jillian Michaels (DVD - 2013)