Format: DVD|Change

on 5 May 2014
I smiled all the way through this series when it was first broadcast on SKY and now I've just gone through the whole thing all over again in one sitting. I still smiled and laughed just as much. The humour is just right and the three chaps portray their characters perfectly. The women are brilliant as they harangue, abuse and even bully our three hapless heroes, and Barry Humphries' cameo as the Headmaster is a delight!
What really did surprise me was that each episode only lasted about 20 minutes; this in fact made it easy to watch each programme consecutively in one sitting. And then there are the four short 'extras' which are really brief interviews with the major players and an instantly forgettable 'bloopers' reel (not really funny, lads - sorry).
In conclusion, a good price, an amusing, short series and a quality cast add up to a worthwhile purchase.
on 1 October 2013
Its a shame that someone gave this tv series one star and they haven't even seen it. This comedy is so fresh, and its nice to see three young British actors writing the material themselves. Simon Bird steals the show for me, although Jonny Sweet and Joe Thomas still are also great. If you're a fan of The Inbetweeners and Friday Night Dinner I'd check this out if I was you :-)
on 9 February 2014
Loved seeing Joe, Simon and Johnny in a different role from The Inbetweeners. Loved the acting and the script. Can't wait for more
on 29 April 2014
Good cast ! good costume sets , very Inbetweeners though ,kept thinking Jay would pop up in this !! , i think it will take a while before people except the guys doing different rolls as they were quite powerful in Inbetweeners . Fans will loves this !! and probably cant wait for a second Series to be filmed , the rest of the actors were very good and convincing .
on 11 July 2014
I absolutely love this show. Great cast, lots of interesting female characters for a blessed change, and a lovely feel to the sometimes quite subversive humour. I don't know if they'll make anymore as the premise seems limited, but then again they did find 6 episodes in it already. Fingers crossed.
on 12 November 2014
A brilliantly written mini series though one of the characters is a bit painful. Some of the language is either deliberately brought up to date or they didn't want to stay true to the language of the era, however it is very entertaining and superbly funny.
on 8 January 2014
Something a little bit different in comedy area.
I laughed a lot loved simon bird an johnny sweet. Their humour appeals. Finchingfield where this is set is beautiful. Come on Sky another series please.
on 14 July 2014
This was good it just wasn't as funny as I had been expecting, it lacked something and I'm still unsure as to what that was at this point. Worth a watch, just not what I had expected.
on 31 May 2015
A very concept - where all the men in the little village have gone to the war, except for our "chickens". If you're a fan of awkward situations - then this is for you!
on 16 July 2015
Absalutely loved this comedy series, yeah the history commentary says its not historicly accurate. But hey who cares when your laughing away at a very funny comedy.