4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!
Published 7 months ago by ExiledTownFan

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as funny
This was good it just wasn't as funny as I had been expecting, it lacked something and I'm still unsure as to what that was at this point. Worth a watch, just not what I had expected.
Published 5 months ago by JS

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun!, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
I smiled all the way through this series when it was first broadcast on SKY and now I've just gone through the whole thing all over again in one sitting. I still smiled and laughed just as much. The humour is just right and the three chaps portray their characters perfectly. The women are brilliant as they harangue, abuse and even bully our three hapless heroes, and Barry Humphries' cameo as the Headmaster is a delight!
What really did surprise me was that each episode only lasted about 20 minutes; this in fact made it easy to watch each programme consecutively in one sitting. And then there are the four short 'extras' which are really brief interviews with the major players and an instantly forgettable 'bloopers' reel (not really funny, lads - sorry).
In conclusion, a good price, an amusing, short series and a quality cast add up to a worthwhile purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent DVD, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
Loved seeing Joe, Simon and Johnny in a different role from The Inbetweeners. Loved the acting and the script. Can't wait for more

5.0 out of 5 stars A comedy with a twist, 1 Oct 2013
R. Powell (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
Its a shame that someone gave this tv series one star and they haven't even seen it. This comedy is so fresh, and its nice to see three young British actors writing the material themselves. Simon Bird steals the show for me, although Jonny Sweet and Joe Thomas still are also great. If you're a fan of The Inbetweeners and Friday Night Dinner I'd check this out if I was you :-)

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not as funny, 14 July 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars One I'll watch again and again, 11 July 2014
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
I absolutely love this show. Great cast, lots of interesting female characters for a blessed change, and a lovely feel to the sometimes quite subversive humour. I don't know if they'll make anymore as the premise seems limited, but then again they did find 6 episodes in it already. Fingers crossed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not The Best, 9 Jun 2014
Bradley S Martell (calgary, Alberta Canada) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
This Brit sitcom is sometimes clever & funny but the premise of the show begins to lag a few episodes in. My biggest complaint is Joe Thomas who has been in The Inbetweeners & also Fresh Meat. It seems that he plays the same type of character on every series. If you have seen all of these shows, then maybe you might understand. Simon Bird is much, much better on Friday Night Dinner. That show is so incredibly funny!!!!
The best part of this series is the fact all of its stars wrote all of the scripts!!! The show isn't perfect but yes, it does have its funny bits.

5.0 out of 5 stars Chickens ww1 Comedy, 29 April 2014
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
Good cast ! good costume sets , very Inbetweeners though ,kept thinking Jay would pop up in this !! , i think it will take a while before people except the guys doing different rolls as they were quite powerful in Inbetweeners . Fans will loves this !! and probably cant wait for a second Series to be filmed , the rest of the actors were very good and convincing .

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 8 Jan 2014
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
Something a little bit different in comedy area.
I laughed a lot loved simon bird an johnny sweet. Their humour appeals. Finchingfield where this is set is beautiful. Come on Sky another series please.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very funny, 12 Nov 2014
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
A brilliantly written mini series though one of the characters is a bit painful. Some of the language is either deliberately brought up to date or they didn't want to stay true to the language of the era, however it is very entertaining and superbly funny.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cannot wait for this to arrive, 18 Aug 2013
This review is from: Chickens [DVD] (DVD)
I cannot wait for this to arrive as I am unable to watch the 6 part series on Sky1 and I was actually an supporting actor in this series. It was fantastic to work with Simon, Joe and Jonny and we all had a fantastic time. They decided to use girls/women connected to and from the village where the parts of filming was done on outside location. This was a fantastic opportunity for all us woman chosen and perhaps a once in a lifetime thing for us. I know it was one of the best weeks of my life :)

Chickens [DVD]
Chickens [DVD] by Ben Palmer (DVD - 2013)