on 10 January 2015
The TopiDeal hard shell fits very nicely on my MacBook Pro Retina 15" 2014. I've read on other reviews that the case puts devices to sleep, I have not had this problem as of yet.
You can easily access all ports, thunderbolt, charging, USB, SD slot. The case adds a little bit of weight to the MacBook but very good protection.
There are ventilation outlets on the bottom of the casing and rubber feet to raise the casing slightly off your surface.
review image
on 11 May 2015
The Macbook Pro is a beautiful machine, but the aluminium case is susceptible to scratches, dents & nicks. Metal zips on a laptop bag, no matter how careful you are, can be a real problem. (Not to mention kids, cats, or coffee shop / library mishaps.) I decided to give this cover a try & am generally quite happy with its performance so far. Reason for 4 stars: slight roughness on 1 edge of lower cover. However, my main concern was the Mac's top, not the underneath. This case cover is a plastic mounding, doubtless turned out in a factory in large numbers, so I didn't expect perfection. When I opened the packaging, I found the case cover in 2 parts, both shrink-wrapped. I removed this slowly & carefully - it would be easy to damage or break this item with hasty handling. The Topideal logo was on the shrink-wrapping, not on the case cover, & the Apple logo on the Mac is still visible after fitting the cover. Fitting the top cover takes a little patience & minimal force; I then turned the Mac upside down, closed, & fitted the lower case cover. This took slightly longer, but went on ok. The fixing clips are small & could break, but if I can do this, anyone can. The case cover fits snugly, but the bottom part could come loose, & need some gentle handling. Don't expect this cover to defend your Mac against hitting the deck, or being struck by a flying coffee cup or beer mug, but it should keep your Macbook Pro looking young & beautiful, just like you.
on 28 August 2014
A good snug fit and doesn't hinder the look of the MacBook. Add's a bit of weight but definitely makes the MacBook feel more 'rugged' - Not afraid to set it down on the table anymore!

The clips are very small (albeit discreet) but this means that the case does occasional unclip while opening the lid.
on 3 April 2015
It fits tightly around my Macbook pro 15" (Early 2015)
I bought the green version of this product and it looks great, feels great and adds personality to my Macbook.
HIGHLY recommended!
review image review image review image
on 18 April 2016
I purchased my Macbook Pro and as you can imagine I wanted to keep it protected as it wasn't cheap!

I ordered this matte frosted black case for my Mac with no expectations as the product was such a reasonable price compared to Apples over priced cases.

The product was delivered quickly and packaged well.

I was amazed when opening how robust the case looked, it took me seconds to clip it onto my Mac and instantly i was delighted with how it looked. I love the matt finish, it doesn't look tacky in anyway and fits perfectly.

The fact you can see the Apple logo through the case is a massive plus as who doesn't love the Apple logo on show!

The only one con and yes there is only one is the fact this thing picks up finger marks so easily especially if your fingers are a little greasy. As seen in the pictures. This can be sorted with a quick wipe over but it is something to consider. As this is such a minor issue i still highly recommend this product and give it a 5 star rating!
review image review image review image
on 16 May 2015
The case is sturdy and does a fine job at protecting the body of the Macbook. The vents do work well if you are concerned with overheating, and they work especially well if you use your Macbook with a fan. However, there are some things that could be improved upon:

1.) The little white footsies on the bottom of the case falls off constantly. It's been a battle with all kinds of glues, and in the end I've still lost all of mine.
2.) It's not the most comfortable case to type with. This is mostly due to the fact that where the bottom case clips onto the Macbook, there's quite an obvious lip. I find that it can get uncomfortable after a while, and it leaves marks on your wrists.

Otherwise, I find this product to be affordable and reasonably priced.
on 20 December 2014
After just spending a fortune on my MacBook I was eager to protect itmfrom light scratches & knocks etc. After reading countless reviews of similar products I decided to go with this one & I'm glad I did. The cover fits well (my MacBook it the 15inch 2014 retina desplay model) I got the see through case because I like the alloy finish on my Mac. The odd wipe down with a damp cloth keeps it looking like new, & I'm not in the slightest bit worried about any little scratches that my Mac might acquire
on 2 October 2014
This cover is great! I was looking at speck and impact cases that apple sell and im happy i went with this instead. It looks great and its nice how the apple logo shines through but it does pick up finger prints very easily and occasionally it pops off on a corner. The case doesnt obstruct the laptops ventilation but it wont protect it from drops and falls. If you're looking for a case that looks good and will protect your mac from knocks and scratches then thia is the one for you!
on 25 June 2015
I was genuinely really surprised by how good this case is. I'd read the reviews but considering the cheap price when compared to other snap-on shells I still assumed it had a good chance of falling apart or falling off my macbook. Safe to say I'm thoroughly impressed by the case and have been recommending it to everyone who doesn't want to spend £50+ on a basic shell.
on 10 August 2015
The rubber feet on the bottom of the case came off in the first 7 days of use, leaving the case unusable on pretty much any surface due to it being too slippy. Additionally, the case doesn't fit particularly well on the sides so it flaps around a little, and it's raised ever so slightly at the front so it digs into your wrist as you rest them over it.