4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Insanity
Published 7 months ago by A. I. Morrell

3.0 out of 5 stars great dvd but .....
Published 4 months ago by Bonbon

4.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to Insanity, 1 Mar 2014
A. I. Morrell (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: INSANITY Sanity Check: A DVD introduction to the INSANITY Workout (Sports)
I was considering the Insanity program to improve my fitness and lose weight after a recommendation from a friend who was already doing it. I watched one of the full Insanity workout DVDs and felt it would be too much, and I was worried that I would quickly abandon it due to the intensity of the workouts. I had also never tried a home workout before, and so I wasn't sure how effective this format would be for me. Fortunately I found Sanity Check and decided to give it a try since it was a lot less to spend than the full program (also available on Amazon).

Sanity Check is a 25 minute workout that introduces the Insanity format; it is intended to be used for one week before starting the full 60 day Insanity program. The 25 minute workout was hard - on the first day I was ready to quit after the warm up but stuck with it. After 3 or 4 days I was beginning to find it better - I didn't ache so much the next day - and decided to continue for 2 weeks before starting the full program. I lost over a kilo and was feeling much fitter after this. I am now one week into the 60 day Insanity program, and whilst the intensity is still a big step up from Sanity Check I was much better prepared for it by using this DVD. If you are thinking about Insanity and are not sure if you are ready, or if this style of workout is for you, I recommend you try Insanity Check first.

It only misses out on 5 stars due to the relatively high cost compared to the full Insanity program, and I felt that the cardboard DVD sleeve seemed a bit cheap for what is a premium-priced product. Overall this is a great introduction to Insanity - I hope you decide to go for it and it works for you too.

3.0 out of 5 stars great dvd but ....., 5 Jun 2014
This is a great dvd if you are fit which I am not ! I have lung problems and this is way too fast and energetic for me ... but my young daughter rather lilkes it ! ..... I am building up my stamina and breathing ability with Davina's DVDs .. and even those I have to do at my own pace ..... when I get fitter then I will do this shortened version of Insanity ... I think to do the full length one WOULD be insane for me !

4.0 out of 5 stars Not as 'sane' as I thought it would be, 18 Feb 2014
I had done some of the full Insanity programme before, but never taken on the full challenge, so I thought this DVD would 'ease' me into the full 60 regieme and explain some of the moves, but it doesn't really explain anything and is simply a shorter workout that isn't as fast pased. From the blurb I expected a more detailed explanation of the moves that would be used, but instead we go straight into a workout and are told we only have to go as fast as we can and not to keep up with the guys on screen.

That being said, I do feel that by following this I will be much more ready to take the full 60 day challenge and I think I will use this again when I need a (not significantly) less intense workout

5.0 out of 5 stars Great workout., 21 Oct 2014
Great workout... I was concerned it may have been too 'insane' for me but if you follow the advice, go at your own pace and build up gradually you can't really go wrong. I think it's about week 3 now and I have been doing the workout 4 times a week and I can nearly keep up with the instructor. Result.

5.0 out of 5 stars Helps get you there, 12 July 2014
Great intro to the insanity programme. Now going to get the full workout

2.0 out of 5 stars Great once or twice!, 12 Jun 2014
Is a hard 20 minutes or so and I liked the guy who presented it - my husband hated him (cant think why?) however I would get bored out of my mind doing it anymore than a few times (luckily this hasn't been a problem!) so is pretty pricey as an exercise DVD - apparently the full box set is great though!

5.0 out of 5 stars Work out, 4 Oct 2014
This DVD is exhausting but a must before you buy the full set. Even if you think you are fit this routine will show you up. Not for the faint hearted. Shaun T is a hard taskmaster.

5.0 out of 5 stars Insanity, 23 Jan 2014
I've tried some of it and what I have tried I like very much, not too over the top, but I have injured my knee and some of the exercises aggrivate it. Looking forward to full use when I am fully healed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome workout, 4 Mar 2014
Insanity is something on it's own.........hard work but enjoyable!!!!! A must for a beach bod!!!!! Would reccomend to all gym fanatics.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 Oct 2014