Colour Name: Purple|Change

on 28 August 2013
My sister recently bought this in New York for my 5 year old niece. The fairy takes 6 AA batteries (not included in the one we got), and supposedly takes 30 minutes to charge. You also need a very small star shaped screwdriver to open the base for the batteries. The fairy takes off but only lasts a short time, about 2 goes for a minute or two, and mostly crashes into the ceiling or ground. There's a technique to make it hover, but it's difficult to learn because the battery runs low very quickly. So basically, the fairy spends more time charging and not taking off properly rather than "flying". It's okay for a very short thrill for kids, but personally I think it's over priced for what you get.
44 comments|65 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 January 2014
The Flutterbye Fairy flies alright but absolutely where it wants too. Crashes all the time with a thud. Didn't even last until the end of Christmas day. Wouldn't recommend.
on 4 January 2014
In 10 years of parenting this is the worst toy we've bought our children. It worked for 30 seconds then we couldn't get it to charge enough to fly again. DO NOT BUY. It's absolutely rubbish!
on 26 December 2014
This is made of cheap plastic that just splits in half. It flies into walls, crashes & breaks apart. This is categorically the flimsiest cheapest toy. It lasted exactly 10 minutes
on 26 December 2013
This toy was a Santa present for a 6 yr old. It has failed to work. Spent all day charging the fairy however the orange light has failed to appear therefore not fully charging. We have six new batteries in the charger. We have a very disappointed daughter in the house who had this fairy at the top of her Santa list.
on 5 January 2014
My daughter loved it but it broke Christmas Day and wouldnt fly anymore. My husband tried to fix it but to no avail.
on 31 December 2013
Played with twice on Christmas Day and now does not even launch off the base, spins as it should but does not launch and fly. Very disappointed girls. Will be returning to amazon. Wish I had read reviews in more detail as this seems a common result for the must have toy of christmas 2013.
on 26 December 2013
One very disappointed grand-daughter on Christmas day. Absolutely delighted when it flew. It was magic. On the thid fly it fell to the ground and it wouldn't fly again. We tried everything. Total waste of £34 but more important was the disappointment on my grand daughter's face.
on 25 September 2014
I brought this for my daughter who had been swayed by the adverts and it was her number one Christmas wish. Well it is utter rubbish, uncontrollable, no battery life, delicate and boring as it is a one trick pony. Not been played with since it was opened.
on 27 December 2013
Do not buy this product! It is really hard to control and then veers off and crashes in to the wall. I had no problem with batteries as I bought powerful one's and I did test before Christmas. I thought that with a bit of practice it would be fun, but my daughter cried so much that it's gone back in the box. I'm planning to return it and complain to the manufacturer for the misleading advert.