on 2 November 2013
This is a great documentary series. At the price, it's an incredible bargain. The 65 nominal hour episodes account for over 54 hrs playing time. It's narrated by Charlton Heston who's at least not irritating and contains a fabulous amount of original film material, together with numerous interviews with significant folk now gone. It covers war from WW2 onwards.

I've seen odd episodes appearing piecemeal on 'Yesterday' much of the time but it's worth getting this boxed set, if only to evade the adverts!

It is, however, Region 1, so you'll need a multi-region or chipped player, but it certainly works in computer drives.

Alright, the packaging isn't sumptuous, nor is the brochure (there IS no brochure!).

In short: don't hesitate!
on 16 November 2013
I bought this DVD set after watching several episodes on the 'Yesterday' channel on Saturday mornings. I have started watching them , but haven't finished them all yet. I enjoy the accounts very much, with Charlton Heston's narration a big plus. did you know that Hitler's plans for invasion of Europe, and Poland were known by the allies in November 1938? No. Neither did I till I saw these DVD's!
on 15 September 2013
We are still watching these DVD's. There are 13 in the Series and being old people who grew up during WW2 ,we remember a great
deal about what was happening at the time. I can recommend this series to anyone interested in the history of the time.
on 9 August 2014
Excellent Series. Beware that it is a Region 1 DVD and I had to download a driver which will run this DVD on my laptop.
on 19 March 2015
Very Good Factual DataBase with wide coverage and independent-assessment; and all coming thru with a Really Good Price
on 11 February 2014
very good indeed excellent coverage of all theatres of war dispatchingtime was good as well got it week before i expected it. i wood deffinately recommend this dvd but make sure you can receive region 1
on 20 April 2016
As described. Very satisfied.
on 6 December 2015
Received with thanks
on 23 August 2014
I have watched the series twice already and some three times.
Highly recommended for school libraries. As a narrator Charlton Heston has just the right voice for this subject.
on 30 September 2015