4.0 out of 5 stars Great for relaxing at the end of the day
Customer Video Review     Length:: 2:42 Mins
Published 12 months ago by L Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Is to heavy and they perform tooo slowy
Published 1 month ago by Zara

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for relaxing at the end of the day, 3 Aug 2013
L Williams "les-williams" (Exeter) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Homedics Extended Track Shiatsu Massager with Heat (Personal Care)
Length:: 2:42 Mins

This is the extended track version with heat and has 2 elasticated Velcro straps to allow it to be strapped to a chair, probably a desk chair although I used a dining chair. It is mains powered and there is a loop between the seat and the back for excess cable. The leaded remote control fits into a pouch at the side of the seat, if this pouch had been transparent it would have been possible to operate the remote in situ which would have been more convenient.
You get a choice of shiatsu and rolling massage, with and without heat, and you can select full back, upper back and lower back. In addition you can select spot shiatsu and also select the width of the rolling massage. I've tried to show these in the video.
The unit automatically switches off after 15 minutes; Homedics don't recommend you use it for more than 20 minutes at a time and I would agree with that as you can end up feeling a bit sore! My wife has shoulder pain and she found it excellent, particularly on the spot shiatsu setting with heat which you can increment up and down slightly once selected.
Wearing summer clothes I found the massage a little intense, Homedics do suggest using a towel over the massager. Overall though I found it relaxing to use. It comes with a 2-year guarantee.

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't recommend it highly enough, 23 July 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I can't believe what a hit this massager has been with my family. Ever since it arrived, everyone has been arguing over who gets to use it next. I'm amazed, as we're not really into massages. My mum normally can't stand anyone massaging her but we can't get her out of this. She uses a gentle setting and is currently enjoying using it every day. My brothers - big, strapping chaps - have been bowled over by it too. My husband has been raving about the heat function and loves that there are so many ways to adjust it. It was incredibly easy to set up, doesn't look too offensive (a bit officey for the living room I guess but it's fairly neutral at least) and is very easy to use. We've not bothered too much with the instructions. I was quite dubious about this, but it's the family hit of the year so far. It's not cheap, but compared to going out to get a massage it's probably better value. And you don't even have to leave the house. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Massager I've ever tried!, 23 Aug 2013
K. Z. Sobol (Bristol, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I have purchased and tried out all sorts of massage products over the years to try and help my tight shoulders and the occasional lower back pain I get, with varying degrees of success. This is the first time I have tried a massager which covers your whole back as you sit in a chair to which you have attached it. It is bliss - you can have the gentle rolling massage, which works in one direction up or down at the width you set for it either for your full back, your upper back/shoulders or your lower back. Or if you really want to get into the knots, there is the shiatsu option, where it uses a circular motion and feels as though it gets deeper into the tissues. Again you can select all back, upper or lower. For any of the settings you can stop when you reach an area that needs more focus and attention and let the massager work from that single point until you want it to continue. You can also choose to have a heated massage, which I find particular good on my lower back, loosing my back even more effectively. I love that this works for different heights and widths, as my husband and I are very different sizes, but we can adjust this for either of us.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is AMAZING!, 25 July 2013
Mellow Yellow (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
WOW, WOW, WOW!!! This is a fabulous item and I'm delighted its here!!!

It has an extended back so its suitable for taller people. You can also stop it at any height so its also ok for short people to use.

There are a number of settings to target different areas of your back and shoulders. You can select the type of massage too so its extremely clever. The heat option is perfect after a long day.

The build quality is also superb and it seems extremely durable.

We love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Homedics Extended Track Shiatsu Massager with heat, 13 Aug 2013
P. A. Ward "patsywoo" (U.K) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliant piece of kit. It fits in any high back chair. Mine is in a rocking chair but it would fit equally well into a normal easy chair.
This has both a rolling type massage and shiatsu massage and a heat setting. Within the rolling massage, you can set it to run up and down your whole back, just the upper half or just the lower half and the same with the shiatsu massage. The heat can be used with either or not at all. When you first use it, you can press a button to stop the massager as it moves, so that it adjusts perfectly to your height and the width that you want it to cover, so this ideal for shorter people who don't want it to go right up to their head. I'm 5ft 6in and just leave it to go to its full extent and the rolling or shiatsu go right up to the top of my back. The rolling action is good for everyone as it's fairly gentle and could probably be used for those of us who have arthritis or other long standing back issues but the shiatsu I think is best suited to people with muscle tension as it's a much stronger action. It really does the job and you feel well and truly massaged when it's done. It'll switch itself off after 15 minutes if you haven't already switched it off but of course you can press the button to switch it back on straight away if you want a longer massage. It's easy too to switch between programs whilst in use, if you feel you just want a change or to stop the roller at any point if it's come to exactly the spot that you want help with and it will continue massaging in that spot.
I don't think there is anything else they could add to make this better, so for anything from just wanting a massage for therapeutic reasons to wanting something to help ease back pain, this really does help.
I would recommend this product. I love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 30 Nov 2013
I've been looking at these for a while wondering if they are any good. I'm so glad I bought it, I use it every day.
I especially love the shiatsu massage facility and the heat setting.
I would have given 5 stars but it could have been a bit taller-it doesn't quite reach my lower back or my neck-I'm only 5'4 so not a giant.

4.0 out of 5 stars A good massager at a fair price., 18 Nov 2013
The massager was for my wife and this review is based on both my and her experiences.
This massager does everything that the makers claim that it will do and the controls are clear and straightforward to use.
So far my wife is very happy with it and if she is happy, then so am I.
The only slight problem that we had was attaching it to the appropriate chair, but could be our fault for having an awkward chair.
I will give your the result of the reliability test in one years time.

Richard Carpenter

5.0 out of 5 stars Thank goodness for Homedics!, 1 Feb 2014
I don't know what I'd do without this excellent present. Got it for Christmas and haven't looked back.
The shiatsu part is amazing, really feels as though you're getting a massage from a human. I suffer with a terribly painful back and find this so helpful, the heat setting is great too.
Use for longer than 20 minutes no problem, just turn it back on.

A lifesaver after a long day at work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product!, 31 Dec 2013
Husband loved this for his bad back. Lots of my family had a good laugh with this on Xmas day, it's very strong and delivers a great heated massage!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Nice product, 27 Nov 2013
I bought for my girlfriend and she litteraly fell in love with it. I've tried it and it is very useful to ease your back, from the bottom to the top.