5.0 out of 5 stars Fast enough
This does me, but then my previous computer was driven by an Opteron 180. Yes, that old. This one is quieter than that (but so is our vacuum cleaner).
Published 9 months ago by Stylefish

3.0 out of 5 stars i5 4570 intel Core CPU
The item was ordered on 7th June and received on the next working day, which is very good. Product is made in Costa Rica. The descriptions - "84W" and "Haswell" are no where to be seen on the product/ package received. The factory seal is not something that could be called as fool proof. Still unassembled as rest of the stuff is awaited; so don't know for sure if- A) all...
Published 2 months ago by Sans Ari

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast enough, 28 Oct 2013
This review is from: Intel Core i5 4570 3.2Ghz, BX80646I54570 (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing CPU for mid/high-end PCs, 5 July 2013
I bought the i5 4570 for a new PC I built recently. I wanted a fast cpu for multitasking and gaming, but didn't have the budget to stretch to an i7. I went for the new Haswell 4th gen Intel processors after reading raving reviews about them. Comparing the 4330, 4570 and 4670, I found the 4570 had the best price/performance ratio. I ruled out the 4670k since I am not interested in overclocking. In honesty, this cpu is super fast, and I feel as though I could stick an 'i7 inside' sticker on the front of my PC and people wouldn't be surprised thinking it was a 100 more expensive i7. Comparing it to my older 2nd gen i5-2400, the improvement in performance is obvious. I honestly thought that cpu was awesome, but this makes it seem slow in comparison. So far, any amount of applications running simultaneously that I have thrown at it, the i5 hasn't struggled at all. I'm running it with an NVidia gtx660 graphics card and they work perfectly together. The gpu can run any game at maximum settings, and the cpu makes loading screens go by in an instant. It certainly doesn't bottleneck the video card, and I wouldn't expect it to bottle any gpu on the market right now judging by how it has performed for me. Overall, considering that this processor is faster than some of the older i7 cpus, with improved graphics (haven't tested them) and an attractive price tag, you can't really be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Get this., 17 Sep 2013
I'm serious, this i5 and a fresh gigabyte motherboard made my computer go from slow to mega fast.

-Do not buy the i5 4570K unless you want to OC
-The stock fan and cooler is amazing
-Its really quiet
-The onboard graphics are pretty decent
-I can't honestly see any bad points unless you want to OC

PS: I am a previous AMD owner and the Intel switch is amazing, They are cooler and just out perform AMD even OC'd.

5.0 out of 5 stars great upgrade from phenom x4, 1 July 2013
I chose the Haswell CPU mostly because of its improved power usage efficiency over Ivy Bridge. Well, plus the new motherboards' functions.
I didn't get the i5 4670K because of the price, though it does offer better performance and the ability to overclock.
This i5 4570 is paired with an ASUS h87 M-E motherboard and a 7850 GPU. The system should handle all games at max at 1080p resolution.

The chip produces so much less heat than my previous phenom 955 did and yet offers twice the performance.
On stock fan it idles ~ 30 *C (@800mhz), so far I havn't tested the chip with heavy gaming but I'm sure it will be just fine.
Note that the 4570 produces less heat than a K chip.. so far I don't see any reason to get a 3rd party cooler.

This CPU will not bottleneck any GPU on the market right now, good temps, low energy usage, good price. Very pleased!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fast and reliable, 26 Oct 2013
Much better than my old Core2 processor.
Programs that were running/opening slowly are now instantaneous. Much more pleasurable experience.
Very nice processor for the price

4.0 out of 5 stars Value, 24 Jan 2014
Great performance at a solid price. It's sometimes frustrating to see higher level processors go on sale for less than the cost of this offering, but it's still well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A really good performance CPU, 31 Dec 2013
I have bought this CPU as I am not an overclocker and so far I am really impressed with it, I did not use my computer for video editing yet mostly for gaming and along with a R9 270X is absolutely fantastic. I got a CPU with integrated video as in case of upgrade / GPU problem I have backup (it has an Intel HD 4600 which isn't great for gaming but indeed the best integrated video GPU from Intel to date). The reason why I have chosen Intel is Power Consumption / Temperature against Performance and the whole thing works out really well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Intel Core i5 4570 Quad Core Retail CPU (Socket 1150, 3.20GHz ), 7 Dec 2013
A nice processor at a reasonable price. Works well with my Asus B85M-E Motherboard Socket 1150 motherboard, copuled with Kingston Technology KHX16C10B1B/8 HyperX Series 8GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM modules and Kingston Hyper X 120 Gb SSD.
Comes with cooling heat-sink and fan, with reasonable pictorial instructions on it and the CPU's installation.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 9 Oct 2013
Happy with this CPU. Using it with a H87 mobo because not going to OC, and it runs quiet and cool when gaming in combination with my 670 using the stock fan. Very worthwhile upgrade.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 2 July 2014
Good for gaming , reliable and very fast , MUST BUY!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›