5.0 out of 5 stars Youth Gone But New Rebellion
Skid Row will never be the same without Bach in the band but this is damn good all the same. All the songs on here are good and if you listened to Thickskin and liked that, then the songs on here IMO are better than Thickskin and more like the old Skid Row.

can't wait for chapter 2...and the box as room for all 3 chapters.
Published 13 months ago by S. Thomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Skid Row Is Back To Rock!
Published 14 months ago by Sangeet Rcknrol

5.0 out of 5 stars Youth Gone But New Rebellion, 23 Jun 2013
S. Thomas "ski3n" (Wales, UK) - See all my reviews

can't wait for chapter 2...and the box as room for all 3 chapters.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, 23 Jun 2013
A must have. This EP is great. You can feel Slave To The Grind meeting Thickskin. Johnny Solinger is singing better than ever. What a great box. It is amazing for us the fans to have this special edition. The bonus tracks are great, Skid Row always make the covers sound great as the original. Can't wait to chapter two. Thanks Johnny, Rachel, Snake, Scotti and Rob. You are the best.

5.0 out of 5 stars tremendo!!!!!, 18 Jun 2013
an album that would have to be more appreciated by the fans, Johnny Solinger is a very good front man.quisiera see them again for Argentina

3.0 out of 5 stars Skid Row Is Back To Rock!, 11 May 2013
Sebastian Bach is what Skid Row is to me. Doesn't mean Rachel Bolan, Dave Sabo, Scotti Hill are nothing. Them four plus Rob Affuso sounds complete. That's because all the albums of theirs I have is Skid Row (1989) and Slave To The Grind (1991) which I rocked to most in my teens. I didn't listen to Subhuman Race (1995) that much. After that I didn't care anymore as I learnt Bach left. So no way I ever knew about Johnny Solinger. Good news these days is many of my music heroes and favourite bands are coming back with good albums. For instance, this one Tom Keifer (Cinderella) with The Way Life Goes. I searched for more and found this EP. At first I thought it was Bach. But Johnny Solinger is the perfect replacement for him. 'This Is Killing Me' brings nostalgic memories of 'I Remember You'. The rest four are good rocking. Now, I don't like this EP business. What I don't understand is Chapter One now and maybe expect Chapter Two later for another cost. Why not make a good full album at once? Anyway this EP rocks. The rating is somewhere between 3 and 4 stars. \,,/,

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 7 Feb 2014
skid row are an excellent group and this album is testament to that even without seb bach on vocals they still rock

5.0 out of 5 stars great skid row release, 16 Jan 2014
cant stop playing the album in the car on the iPod on may phone cant wait to hear the next chapter,a great live bad they give what you want when you turn up

4.0 out of 5 stars Skid Row still rock!, 10 Jun 2013
Mr. A. H. Wallace "Wal" (Runcorn, Cheshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
It's great that all these years later Skid Row are still putting out decent stuff. Whilst this latest doesn't hit the heights of the first two albums (what ever will?) it's still a good solid rock EP. I'd rate it on a par with Thickskin, better than RPM and Subhuman Race but well short of the first and SLTG. The stand out track is the first, Kings of Demolition. There are two additional cover tracks for the UK release. The Judas Priest song United works well and suits Johnny Solinger's vocal far more than the other one. Skid Row has always continued to tour the UK over the years, even when the venues have got smaller and they always put on a great live show. My rating for this is 3.5 stars but I'm rounding up to 4!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Far from united, 28 May 2013
Ok, I am in the camp of Skid Row is not Skid Row without Bach on vocals, but I have still bought all the post Bach albums and this ep.
To me Thickskin and Revolutions per minute had some semi decent songs on them, but were never Skid Row albums in my eyes (ears).
Even if they had been released under a new band name, I still would not have been overly impressed as their sound was such a mish mash of styles, and the songs were never really anything special.
This EP to me is more of the same. Nothing terrible, just nothing special.
The UK/Euro version actually has two extra tracks, both of which are cover songs.
Firstly is Fire Fire, originally by Japanese band, EZO. I am sure many will not know the original version, but as someone who is a massive fan of the Fire Fire album, I will say that this is probably the one song on here that I was truly looking forward to hearing. Sadly, while its no bad, its nowhere near as good as the original, with the vocals being a huge let down.
The second song is United, which was originally by Judas Priest. I think this one fares better as a cover song, but was never one of Priests best songs.