on 28 July 2013
Having been in a self imposed recording rehab, Prince returns with a new young band and some new tunes! Along with recent download only releases, Prince has upped the rawk and turned his amps up to 11! That's not to say there isn't a fair helping of pop in these releases. I think this one is the best of the lot and it has a nice catchy verse, and I like his new band too - why not give these young women a chance of playing with the great one! I look forward to a Prince album for the first time since the late 80s as if we get more of this, along with 'Screwdriver' and 'Rock and Roll Love affair' then we're in for a treat!
on 18 February 2014
Good vocal delivery, a live band, analogue sound - lots of guitar and strong bass line. I like it and hope that the new album follows in this vein.
In 2013 Prince released a variety of tracks that span the sonic spectrum, so much so that I could see him releasing 3 albums in 2014 each focusing on a different aspect of his song writing. There's the guitar heavy 3rdeyegirl, the rnb of Breakfast Can Wait and the live horn heavy sound of Groovy Potential. It sounds like we're going to get 3rdeyegirl first and along with the current Hit and Run shows in London it seems this is the style that it currently inspiring him the most. Having attended 2 shows so far, I say bring it on - he seems happy, inspired and his guitar playing is fiercer than ever.
on 14 April 2014
Have been a fan of Prince for a very long time, +25yrs. As my musical tastes have changed throughout the years, so has the sound of Prince, and this latest project is bang up-to-date. Hard rock is my chosen genre, and it's good to hear the bass and lead riffs echoing that in this song. I think he's pulled off a great partnership with 3rdeyegirl, hope all future releases are this good, can't wait for the album release.
on 21 March 2014
A blast from start to finish. His voice sounds clearer than ever. Think I better fix my life up...the little chap sings with great conviction.
on 10 August 2013
Prince has done it again and produced a fresh new sound which as per normal blows you away. I would recommend any Prince fan should buy this,
on 7 October 2013
love this reminds me of some of his early stuff, hope this comes out on a cd , as only on download, come on Prince, release a new album ....
on 25 October 2013
Typical Prince track with plenty of guitar and growling vocals. Fans will like it. Not an all time classic, but certainly woth a listen.
on 18 October 2013
Great song, I liked the Live version performed on the billboard awards, would make a nice download, when is the new album coming.
on 23 February 2014
Best hes done in years!cant wait for new album and to see him on tour, Prince is a genius and legend
on 9 December 2014