Shop now Shop now  Up to 50% Off Fashion  Shop all Amazon Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Learn more Shop now Shop now

As a watch collector, I simply could not let this deal slip away. I bought the Accurist at lightning deal and the price is just about right. Other similar Accurist models sell at around this price. Pity that a serious British top quality brand is falling into the trap of overpricing to then offer a deal price. Invicta watches are usually known for doing this sort of practice. I just hope that this will be a one off.

Now to the watch itself:

On opening the nicely designed watch container I was really surprised at how great this watch looked. The solid build quality is matched by great functionality, which is very similar to the older Citizen Navihawk with the large clear LCD display. Now the Accurist is larger and looks awesome, in fact I have bought another similar Accurist with a black dial and a two tone case and bracelet. Accurist Men's Quartz Watch with Black Dial Analogue - Digital Display and Multicolour Stainless Steel Plated Bracelet MB1031B.
The blue cloured dial is actually darker than the picture shown on Amazon, and I actually prefer it. I would say it tends much more towards a dark navy blue hue.

The black watch container is also quite original, and this is a plus if you intend to give it as a present. The usual English instruction manual is included plus the wrist band measuring tape (Included with bracelet watches).

Accurist is a great British watchmaker (even though watches are not actually made in the UK, but in Japan) and I have numerous models from Accurist dating many years.... I do consider this company to be up there with the top consumer brands.

In conclusion, this is a high quality, reliable watch. Accurist watches look far better in real life than in the pictures.

P.S. This is a review based on a pricing of a lightning deal (Amazon rules prohibit me from specifying prices). I cannot understand such wild fluctuations on pricing every time I look up this watch !!
on 20 January 2014
I bought this Accurist Watch in a lightning deal for £89 It is Great Value for money. It comes in a lovely presentation box and as a sizing tape so you can get the right amount of links to fit your wrist. I can recommend this watch.
on 15 December 2013
This watch is beautiful and fits comfortable on your wrist recommend this watch to anyone. Gos well with anything you were looks very smart always loved accurist watches.
on 19 February 2014
Really like the watch,looks classy&fantastic on....most of my friends commented on it,a nice chunky watch that's stylish without breaking the bank...
on 5 February 2014
The watch looks good and it was well packaged and sold at a very competitive price. Unfortunately a fault developed in the bracelet fastening mechanism. Accurist were very helpful and are sending a new pin for the mechanism which should correct the fault.
on 10 December 2013
I have brought this watch for my husband for christmas and he thought I had paid more than I have,
Great value, lovely presentation, and you can just tell by just looking at the watch, what quality it is.
on 3 February 2014
A Good watch at a very nice price. The item arrived on time and well packed. The only thing that Was missing was the signature on the garantie, but for the price I can't complain.
on 27 February 2014
It looks good. Feels solid and chunky enough. Has loads of features and it's a reputable make so it hopefully will last for a while. It has loads of features that are great for 10 minutes then are relatively uninteresting. To the point where you forget what you have to press in order to get the time somewhere else or need to time egg boiling or whatever. Strap is plenty long enough for thick wrists and adjustable enough for thin ones.
on 4 February 2014
Arrived within a couple of days, looks very smart my husband was over the moon with it as it was a present.very good value looks expensive great buy .
on 3 June 2014
The face of the and casing are very attractive and well made. I have to say I agree with other reviewers about the strap. It looks fine in appearance, just feels too light. This lack of weight makes it feel cheap and lets the watch down.