on 6 November 2013
I bought this camera connection kit recommended by other friends. This card reader fits my iPad very well. The previous one I bought from other seller didn't work since I upgraded my iPad from iOS 6 to iOS 7. This card reader does what it says on packet and works with iOS 7. Mine is 16G SDHC card and I can down load video and photos to iPad with this smart little device. Another thing I really like is the cable connect because I do not need to take case off iPad when using it. Overall, it could be cheaper alternative to Apple original card reader in the market. Highly recommended to iPad users.
on 3 January 2014
It would be impossible to find an easier way to down load, in my case, Photos.

Put SD card into holder, connect to, in my case Ipad mini with retina, and it opens Photos and downloads without you doing anything.
It could just not be easier.
on 26 February 2014
Prior to ordering this item, I had purchased cheaper items from eBay that failed to work with my iPad 4 running IOS 7. Initially I was unable to get this item to work but, upon following the helpful advice from the seller, I got it working. This was achieved by first plugging the camera connection kit into the iPad and thereafter inserting the SDcard into the kit. An attractive feature of this item is the cable that allows the camera connection kit to be plugged into the iPad without having to remove the protective cover. In conclusion, the item itself is ideal for transferring photos and video onto the iPad and the customer service from the seller was impressively efficient.
on 15 December 2013
had another lightening connector pre iOS7 which stopped working. This connects and copies the pictures fine from my sdcard and the camera USB connection. |Yes it eventually says it is not approved, but it keeps working so I'm happy.
on 30 January 2014
Initially, my iPad would not accept this card reader. Apple posted a message saying the card was unrecognised or incompatible with the iPad 4. I printed off the necessary return labels from the Amazon website before making a further attempt and ignoring Apple's objection to find that it did, in fact, work perfectly well to enable me to download photographs from any smart card I tried! I think that Apple expects everyone to buy their own readers at around twice the price of others!
on 27 November 2013
Used this to transfer jpegs from SD card from my digital camera, recognises it immediately, no messing about, does what it should, plug fits very snug.
on 13 January 2014
Tried this with my iPad mini and several standard SD cards, a micro-SD card and a usb thumbnail drive. Messages included "Content not Available" "cannot read connected storage media" "This accessory is not supported by this iPad" "This cable or accessory is not certified and may not work reliably with this iPad" It would not load pictures(jpg) or videos(mov or AVI).
The suppliers (KiwiBird Direct) were very helpful and suggested putting pictures in a DCIM folder. I did this and about half the pictures I copied into this folder could then be imported from usb drives, sd cards and micro-sd cards to my ipad mini. I have several miniture cameras that record video in the form of AVI flies in a VIDEO folder on a micro SD card. I have not been able to detect or import any of these to my ipad mini. Converting them to mov files did not help. However, pictures and one of the three videos recorded on an sd card by my panasonic camcorder were read and imported to my ipad. Likewise connecting my iphone via a usb cable to the connector allowed me to import both pictures and videos from my iphone 4 to my ipad mini.
So I have increased my rating to 4 stars for his device. It looses 1 star because I cannot get it to import AVI and MOV files from my micro sd cards. I suspect that if you just want import pictures from one camera you most probably will have no problems.
on 2 May 2014
Arrived really quickly & worked instantly with both my iphone and a camera sd card. I have an iPad Air without an sd connector, but as soon as I connected the kiwibird 3 in 1 card reader the iPad immediately took me to the "import photos" screen. A really neat bit of kit & saves all the hassle of having to email yourself photos in order to put them on your iPad. It's really small too, so convenient to take on holiday & upload photos as you go along. Haven't tried connecting a micro sd because I don't own one, but the iPad instantly recognised both the iphone & the regular sd connections. Very happy!
on 22 May 2014
Have used it on an ipad 5 (i.e. the ipad before the 1st iPad air).

My first experience with this was somewhat lacklustre but then I got a replacement and like an Apple product, it just works. The iPad recognised the card reader and the IMPORT button was visible in Photos. I was importing straight from my 4GB SD card using an Canon EOS7D so each pic was around 6-8MB in size. I noticed the import takes slightly longer depending on your file size. If it's 3-4MB, it flies through.

If the off chance you experience trouble, the instructions help. If the iPad does not recognise the reader, reboot your iPad. Plug the reader in and wait about 5-10 seconds for the import to appear. Note, I can't be entirely certain but I believe regular sized SD cards seem to be better than microSD cards in adapters.

If the seller made it into a little booklet, more people might take the instructions more seriously. One final word of advice, don't upgrade to iOS8 if you use your card reader a lot until you have checked with the seller.
on 5 April 2015
I was looking for an SD Card reader for my iPad Mini Retina, but was not looking forward to the steep £25 asking price for the Apple version. As such, I came across the KiwiBird 3-in-1 adapter.
It arrived super quick, so I pushed in an SD card from my camera, attached it to the 'Lightning' port on the iPad, and straightaway it loaded up the Photo's App to import my pictures. No waiting, no having to click a message as it wasn't a "recognised" device (something I've had issues with in the past). It just worked great.
I always wonder whether or not I should go with the official Apple products, but in this case, I'm very glad I did: not only do I have the SD card slot, but also one for a Micro SD card (useful for phones), and one for a USB input (which I haven't had chance to try yet).
In case it helps, the iPad Mini Retina is running the latest version of iOS 8.x… :)