on 15 March 2000
This is a funny, well paced and surprisingly wimsical movie in which we can find the classical caracters created by Henson in his famous The Muppet Show. We are told how Kermmit decided to become a Hollywood star and how he came across his buddies along the way to Hollywood. Taking into account the movie was made and released in the late seventies , it has an extraordinary technic achievement . Of course we also can find the usual Muppet personalities that enable us to make the best of ourselves improving our best skills and reawakening that ingenuous and curious child spirit that we should keep alive througout all our lives.
on 2 January 2008
I bought this as a Christmas present for my kids, and we all enjoyed it a lot. A real trip down memory lane having seen it at the movies as a kid myself, but the humour still works on the next generation.

Thoroughly recommended.
on 6 January 2004
These are the four best Muppet movies by far. And the fact that they have been put together in a box means that somebody, somewhere, knows that. I can't wait for this to be brought out on Region 2 DVD. The earliest films are outright comedy classics, be you child, adult, monkey, man-child, pet - whatever. If you haven't seen The Muppet Movie or The Great Muppet Caper then you are in for a right treat. But only if you havea region 1 player!
on 8 November 2012
Going back the roots of how the Muppets first met provides another classic blast of pure-feel good cinema. Something of a classic road trip movie. Funny, amazing songs as you would expect, and a hugely brilliant and diverse set of cameos. The only thing that lets it down is the fourth wall breaking aspect of the story transitioning from road trip to movie, which isn't as clearly defined as it could have been. Still, its the muppets it would be silly to complain any further as its pure entertainment for all the family. And Rowlf. And Animal. They don't hurt either.
on 15 August 2012
Bought this after watching the recent Disneyfied verson. Still think the original is the best and so do my kids (who it was bought for!).
on 20 September 2013
Enduring. Funny, beautifully crafted and ahead of the game.
Jim Henson and his hand picked team understood exactly
what a children's film should be. Fantastic stuff.
on 25 October 2000
I really couldn't believe it when i first saw it. Three of the classic muppet movies at such a low price.
The early muppet movies is a lot better than the new ones. These three movies made my childhood interesting. And still, now 23 years old, i love them.
Give your child a quality experience and something you can watch yourself 'cause these movies goes for everybody.
on 4 May 2013
I keep collecting DVD like this to entertain children that stay at my apartment and ourselves of course, they are a good alternative to greek TV if you don't speak the language. They are not expensive so I purchase one or two a year sometime more and leave them at the accommodation great hit with parents to keep the kid quite.
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 August 2015
No idea what it's like - sent for it and did not realise it was not playable in the Region where live (UK.)No indication on screen that this would be a problem. Don't find out till you look at the DVD case - once you have sent for it! BEWARE!
Got to get an All-Regions DVD player in order for my son to enjoy it!
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 March 2009
has all that we expect from the muppet house.. as a huge fan this is nostalgia...