on 26 November 2014
These stands are excellent value for the price, there's no gimmicky locks, extensions or thick stylized looks you might find elsewhere, but what you get is a solid and practical set of stands for your monitors, that hold your monitors in place!. I use them to put 8 inch monitors on(over some pads) and they are perfect, they would be suitable for 5 inches and up. They keep locked in place and are easy to loosen, tighten and readjust. Depending on your flooring you can even chose from plastic or metal pins under the base.

This is an excellent priced product and worth every penny. I would look at this first if I was after any stands, you would be stupid to think more money would find you something better than this in a practical world. 5/5
on 11 July 2013
I spent a long time looking for a pair of stands for my monitors and eventually settled on these. Compared to the stands I have seen from this price range these are quite sturdy and the plates on which the speakers stand are large enough for my 5 inch cone speakers. The build quality seems reasonable for the price. The stands are a bit resonant if you flick them but i have had these for a while now and I can't say I have noticed this when listening to music, although I do not monitor at very high levels. In my opinion this resonance is unlikely to be an appreciable in most home set ups unless you have invested in serious acoustic treatment, in which case I would suggest that it is unlikely any of the stands in this price range will be appropriate.
on 6 February 2015
These are extremely good quality stands for a very reasonable cost. Solid and well constructed, they do exactly what they are supposed to; hold up a pair of speakers, at variable height.

There was one bolt missing from the (solid & well thought out) packaging - the supplier (Inta-Audio) was courteous and dealt with it swiftly.

Interestingly I had the opportunity to compare these with a pair of 'high end' stands at a major TV broadcaster this week. Despite the cost difference, the quality of these was little different and I am glad I opted for the 'value' solution.

"Does what it says on the Tin"

#HappyCustomer
on 13 January 2016
I think these are some really solid stands. I was quite worried buying these as the top review was only two stars and quite negative. I was worried that I was going to get a less durable product for the low price but they're actually a lot stronger and sturdier than I expected. They're still only three-legged and held up on a rather long and narrow pole so I wouldn't feel comfortable if children were around but using them at my computer desk, they're excellent. I would like to mention here that I've placed this on a carpet so I'm using the spiky metallic feet instead of the rounded plastic ones.

As I say, they're quite tall with even the shortest length being around 90cm which is considerably taller than the stands I have in the living room for surround sound and they can be extended quite a bit more than this again. The base is a lot larger than it looks in the pictures, as is the plate to hold the speakers. Each edge of the triangle is 45cm and the plate for holding the speakers is about 23cm x 23cm. The negative review at the top mentions problems holding 8kg speakers and while I can't speak to that, I can say that my 2.5kg speakers pose no threat to its integrity at all. It's also hard to know this from the pictures but there are two cable clips at the top and bottom of the stands for running wires down the side more tidily. They aren't very solid but they work.

If you're looking for some fairly tall stands for some small-medium speakers, I can't recommend this enough at this price.
on 20 August 2014
Great value monitor stands, very solid and sturdy and a piece of cake at putting together; no idea how people have had problems with assembly unless they had missing parts.

The paint finish is all good and all parts feel well made and strong, you can finely adjust the feet screws to make them perfectly level if you desire. You don't really handle them after setup so nothing really wears out. Having said that I did at one point use them for watching movies and by releasing the screw locks half way up, could rotate the monitors for better far field listening whilst the weight and height of the speakers was still being supported by the bolts.

I loaded the bases up with weights to increase sturdiness as I have fairly large Event 20/30's balancing on small IsoAcoustics L8R155 speaker stands, almost 30kg of weight on each and there is minimal wobble to worry about. You can use anything to add weight to the base and it will increase monitor isolation and structural support. Be careful to remember that any weight overlapping the boundaries of the base will count against the sturdiness and if you use sandbags or similar, the bags should not flop onto the floor as this will carry sound.

They also arrived very fast (around 3 days) from inta-audio.
on 13 November 2015
There are some ludicrously expensive monitor stands on Amazon and I'm currently building a home studio on a budget.
I read reviews of the cheapest stand (Gorilla stands) and decided to get the next cheapest option. There are a number of bad reviews for this product (and a number of good reviews written by apparently illiterate people) so I was skeptical at first. However, when I received the product (very quickly I might add) I was pleasantly surprised as these stands seem to be VERY sturdy. They're easy to put together and they have some very useful cable tidies.

One thing that I will say is that I have very light monitors, so I'm not sure how they hold up with bigger, heavier speakers. Also, I thought I'd point out that the base of each stand is rather large, so you really have to make room for them. This isn't an issue, as I'm sure it makes the stand a great deal more stable, I'm only mentioning due to the fact that I had to move a lot of my setup around to accommodate the size of the base.

All in all, a good product for the price!
on 18 April 2014
I chose these stands primarily due to the low price point.

They are not very good, they topple over easily with an 8kg monitor at 114cm height.

One of my stands were not even straight! Putting a monitor on top of it makes it bend even more.

These stands are failing with 8kg monitors yet the manufacture states they can support upto 35kg monitors... I doubt that would work out very well.

I will be returning these stands and buying a pair of Quik Lok BS/300 Straight Monitor Stand with Single Adjustable Height Column which are far superior.
review image
on 17 October 2014
Excellent set of stands, very sturdy. Build quality is very good indeed
No vibration issues encountered, and Ive found the insulation strips more than adequate.
Just for the record, I have a set of BX-5 monitors sitting on the stands, with more than enough room.
on 13 October 2013
Was lookinf for a cheap pair of stands and looked at alternative ones but needed some with a decent sized platform. The stands are perfect for me - solid, well proportioned and adjustable.

Totally happy.
on 9 May 2014
These stands are about the only option available for surround speakers being adjustable to 5 ft (150cm).

That is the good news. When assembled the stands are very unstable without a speaker. All the thread holes on the stand are badly cut. I should be able to screw the spikes or feet fully home by hand then adjust out to level the stand, but this is not possible so the feet/spike are stick out at different lengths.As someone else pointed out the bolt holding the upright to the base is not recessed so using these stands without feet or spikes on a hard floor is not possible. The thread on one of the uprights was so badly cut that the bolt was cutting its own thread. I have a drawer full of spikes and they are so sharp they could be classed as weapons, but the spikes with these stands are fatter and by comparison are blunter and even with me standing on the base they would not pierce the carpet and underlay and make contact with the floor. After assembly and using a spirit level to level the base the top plates were not level so it a compromise of turning the base plate and top plate until the best fit being found. Not being level makes the stand even more unstable when adding a speaker.

Better quality control with attention to the machining of the threads, heavier base plate for stability, recessed or countersunk bolt on base plate, making sure the top and bottom plates are parallel with each other and proper spikes and this could be a winner.