Top positive review
6 people found this helpful
NB This is the _green_ version - A _mission_ timer
on 29 March 2015
This isn't really a countdown timer – it's a mission timer – see below. It's a nice device, so 4 stars if you want a timer; if you want a mission timer, it's 5 stars because it works well and they're not easy to find.
With a countdown timer, you normally set a time period (e.g. 60 minutes), and the device counts down to zero.
With a mission timer, you set a date and time in the future, and the device counts down to this point. With this, you can only do the latter.
- large, clear display
- current time is always displayed
- will count down to a future time up to 2,000 days ahead
- you can also set an alarm (which will always be for today)
- once the target date/time is reached, the device will count up like a stop watch, but see below
- uses AAA batteries - better than button cells
Less good points:
- instructions are amazingly brief and vague (and largely Chinese)
- it won't count down for 60 minutes, say, only towards a target date/time
- setting a target date/time requires cycling through the set up options for the current time, so it's not quick
- when target is reached and it counts up, the display flashes, so not a perfect stop watch