5.0 out of 5 stars great quality
Published 14 months ago by Roger Morgan

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking watch with a few issues
Bought this as a gift for someone abroad who really liked it when given (first impressions).

This is a beautiful watch in appearence. It's big and you can feel the weight, but not too big and this seems to be the current style. It does not look cheap either.

But I found that it is a bit complicated to use and set.

Instructions that comes...
Published 15 months ago by muffin

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, 29 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Timex Intelligent Quartz Men's Watch with White Dial Analogue Display and Silver Stainless Steel Bracelet T2N945AU (Watch)
Received my watch quicker than expected using 3-5 delivery . great looking watch , this was the easiest watch to alter the links that I have owned, once finding the right title in the instruction book took only 30 seconds to set up and how to find the time zones of other countries listed, love the back light which unlike other watches lights up the entire watch revealing a map of the world,
The watch is not too big, as I have small wrists and feels comfortable,
This is my first modern Timex watch and wont be the last, also a great price for such a complexed watch.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lovely looking watch with a few issues, 14 Dec. 2013

But I found that it is a bit complicated to use and set.

Instructions that comes with it are for many different models of Timex watches in the same tiny book (size about 1 x 2 inches), and it is hard to find the instructions for this particular watch. You can only identify the watch by looking for the identical diagram in the instructions as the box (or the Amazon page) does not say what this particular watch is called. The instructions call it a different name to what it is called in the Amazon page when it was purchased. Instructions are not very clear either. But they are in several languages. I used to think that I am technically savvy till I tried to set this watch. It's either the method for setting this watch is so complicated, maybe it's faulty, or I am losing my technical skills. I was tearing my hair out during the process of trying to set this watch.

One part of the instructions towards the front say that date is already factory-set and cannot be set by the user and that there are two recessed buttons to be used by service personnel (that I could not find). Another part of the instructions say that the date can be set by pulling the crown to the middle position and turning. This method was similar to my SEIKO Watch, so I tried this method. But when I turned it at the middle position it would just turn freely without changing the date. I tried turning it back and forth in a swift motion and then the date started changing a little at times with a lot of turning needed. Perhaps I received a faulty watch. Unfortunately I only found this problem out when I have given this as a gift, so if it is a fault I cannot now return it back to Amazon. I would not expect something relatively expensive to have left the factory without a quality control check to ensure everything is working as they should. So I am confused as to whether it is a fault or whether I did not do something right! But this should not be complicated.

I also found that the world time feature quite complicated to set. Names of world cities on the dial are in too small writing, and as it's printed on the angled inside wall it is a bit hard to see. Also the world time dial (the top quarter dial), itself is too small to see the world time accurately, but you sort of get a rough idea of the world time. I don't fully understand the point of dedicating a whole quarter hand and the single left hand side button just to change between the winter/ summer time with one button press - seemingly only for the world time feature. This button does not change the time between summer/ winter (daylight saving) for the normal local time displayed by the big hands that one would use on a daily basis. When the big hands are over the -rather small- world time quarter dial it is hard to work out the world time if the big hands happened to be directly over covering this quarter dial and the single hand.

Indiglo nightlight works well and is a nice feature.

I cannot tell much about the bracelet as it was not adjusted when I tried it. But it looked good and there were also instructions for shortening it yourself by using a tool with a sharp point. This saves a trip to the local jewellers (and a few £).

In summary, on balance I like the watch, but mostly for the looks. World time feature seems too gimmicky and seems unnecessarily complicated. But I think the unusual shape of these dials is what makes the watch look nice. Instructions should definitely improve. And trying to do the date setting....can drive you mad. I would NOT pay the full price for this watch though.

I am stuck between 3 or 4 stars. So let's call it 3.5 stars. But as some of the other reviews seem a bit overly positive 5 star reviews and because I can't do a 3.5 on Amazon ratings I am ticking 3 stars.

I would be grateful if anyone else has any advise on the date setting feature for this watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Timex Intelligent Quartz, 1 July 2014
nice watch not heavy or to light. Keeps excilent time, louminess hands in the dark. my only drewback is the wrist strap for take 3 links out it's to tight put 1 back in and it slides up and down the wrist.

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit light and cheap. Shame. Looked good on the screen, 16 Oct. 2014
Didn't like it when I saw it in the flesh. Returned

5.0 out of 5 stars stunning, 13 Feb. 2014
great looking time piece, functional , well crafted and easy to read but more than anything else this stunning watch is an eyecatcher.
wear it and be noticed!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 6 Feb. 2015
Stunning watch for the price(bought it when it was on offer for only £57). I am very very very pleased with this buy. It definitely stands out in the crowd and get you some attention.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nice watch but on my third as two have previously ..., 30 Oct. 2014
Nice watch but on my third as two have previously broken very quckly...Fingers crossed as really like the watch design. Has a good look and feel to design but is on heavier side

3.0 out of 5 stars good!, 31 July 2014
Photo is far better than real.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mens wristwatch, 31 Jan. 2014
R. Edwards (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
So far I am very pleased with this watch as I bought it as an Amazon 'Daily Deal', which meant that the price is good.
It is a very nice watch to look at and it could well be seen by others as an expensive watch.
It works well and is accurate

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poor quality watch, 3 Jan. 2015
Very poor quality watch. Not surprised it was being sold on offer as no one should be expected to pay the original price for it.